FfH2 0.40 Changelog

One thing is, I've noticed if you give a unit double speed in a terrain type, they tend to not be in that terrain much because they are capable of moving through and out! So if you give them double forest speed, you will always find them on a bare tundra hill.

I was actually toying with the idea of a gorilla advancement line! Semi-civilized gorillas.

Out of interest - if an AI unit has a promotion that gives them a combat bonus in a certain terrain, does it encourage the AI to keep the unit in that terrain? So for example if Gorilla's and Tigers had a bonus for being in the jungle would it encourage the AI to keep it there?

So I am trying out the new version, and I notice in the changelog that sacrifice the weak was moved and the compassion civic category removed.

It doesn't say that sacrifice the weak now causes you to have no stage religion... I don't recall this effect from .34g... so this means that if you are under sac the weak as say the Sheaim, no Ashen Veil for you?

So I am trying out the new version, and I notice in the changelog that sacrifice the weak was moved and the compassion civic category removed.

It doesn't say that sacrifice the weak now causes you to have no stage religion... I don't recall this effect from .34g... so this means that if you are under sac the weak as say the Sheaim, no Ashen Veil for you?

Yeah, it looks like it. Odd when you think about it, as you have to run Ashen Veil as your state religion to research the tech *for* StW.

Aha! There was an odd post in the bug thread about how switching to STW reverts after a turn - maybe it is due to STW killing your state religion and forcing a civic switch next turn?

Is there going to ever be a change so the Doviello hero is better then a normal axemen?

Personally I think you should give him a special promotion like "The strength of Lucian" That doesn't itself do anything, but it would replace the promotion "hero" as a req for herioc att/def

That would mean if Lucian got enough exp he would be stronger then your average axemen, but it wouldn't help his initial advantage to much

Or you could let him "ping" Leptus Frigus. and then give the Doviello a reward for finding it...(Looking strictly at lore for that)

Aha! There was an odd post in the bug thread about how switching to STW reverts after a turn - maybe it is due to STW killing your state religion and forcing a civic switch next turn?

Yeah, I believe you hit the nail on the head. If you look at StW's description in the pedia, it says requires ashen veil, but also "no state religion", so adopting it upsets the game and forces it to change back.

If you want a temporary bypass around this, go into the civ4civicInfos file in Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Gameinfo, find sacrifice the weak and edit:

<bStateReligion>0</bStateReligion>

to

<bStateReligion>1</bStateReligion>

Is there going to ever be a change so the Doviello hero is better than a normal axemen?

Personally I think you should give him a special promotion like "The strength of Lucian" That doesn't itself do anything, but it would replace the promotion "hero" as a req for herioc att/def

That would mean if Lucian got enough exp he would be stronger than your average axemen, but it wouldn't help his initial advantage to much

Or you could let him "ping" Leptus Frigus. and then give the Doviello a reward for finding it...(Looking strictly at lore for that)

The Doviello hero already is stronger than a normal axeman, it has 19 strength and three moves.

Lucian is just a starting bonus for the Doviello rather than an actual hero, but I would like to see him handled in a similar way to Bellenus, so when you have the adequate techs he can be upgraded to a stronger version of himself...

Why do half of the scenarios I've played so far use Blue Marble Terrain? I really think they should be changed back to FfH's unique terrain graphics.

Could be an accidental setting of the Blue Marble Terrain gameoption (if we even still have that...?)

However Lucien is with you from start so when everyone else gets axemens hopefully lucien has lvl 6+ from bashing peoples heads. And then he continue to bash heads until they build late game units.

i got a problem when i start the ff2!!theres a error shows as follow:
Initialize renderer failed.check directX installation,latest graphics and.........

i dont remove 34 before install 0.4,is it the problem.because i get back to play 0.34,it shows same error and i cant play it which is working fine before.
or my computer is just old!!
how to fix it?

Why do half of the scenarios I've played so far use Blue Marble Terrain? I really think they should be changed back to FfH's unique terrain graphics.

I'm pretty sure this is intentional. I don't usually notice terrain sets, but I remember thinking how little the FfH terrain set resembles the pic chosen for Grand Menagerie... and then grinning when I noticed they'd used Blue Marble for a slightly more tropical appearance. In short, I'm guessing it was an aesthetic decision.

i got a problem when i start the ff2!!theres a error shows as follow:
Initialize renderer failed.check directX installation,latest graphics and.........

i dont remove 34 before install 0.4,is it the problem.because i get back to play 0.34,it shows same error and i cant play it which is working fine before.
or my computer is just old!!
how to fix it?

You don't have to remove 0.40. You probably don't have BtS version 3.17 installed.

I'm pretty sure this is intentional. I don't usually notice terrain sets, but I remember thinking how little the FfH terrain set resembles the pic chosen for Grand Menagerie... and then grinning when I noticed they'd used Blue Marble for a slightly more tropical appearance. In short, I'm guessing it was an aesthetic decision.

This is correct. We wanted the different areas to look different so we took advantage of the two tile sets we have available.

I guess it is ok for The Grand Menagerie, but it seems inappropriate for the Splintered Court imho. The brighter grass does not look right under Ancient Forests. The Umbrawood seems like it should be a rather shadowy place (umbra=shadow) which would look much better with FfH terrain.

I was going to try to change the scenarios' terrain myself, but I can't seem to find where they are saved.

I guess it is ok for The Grand Menagerie, but it seems inappropriate for the Splintered Court imho. The brighter grass does not look right under Ancient Forests. The Umbrawood seems like it should be a rather shadowy place (umbra=shadow) which would look much better with FfH terrain.

I was going to try to change the scenarios' terrain myself, but I can't seem to find where they are saved.

Its a gameoption: Option=GAMEOPTION_BLUE_MARBLE_TERRAIN

Couple of glitches I wanted to report...

I get a number "1" instead of any dialogue in the diplomacy windows whenever the ai tries to make a deal.

playing as the amurites, whenever I upgrade an adept to a wizard the graphic representation is just a red ball. the gameplay is unchanged, just the graphics are funked. I don't know if this is the game or maybe my crappy computer's video card.

thanks

I know its a game option, but that doesn't help me turn the option off in scenarios.

Where are the scenario files located and how would I edit them?

EDit: never mind, I figured it out. I hadn't thought to look for non-XML files in the XML folder until I say Xienwolf recommend moving them to Public Maps (which is where I expected to find them in the first place.

why the patch and change log ?
are not in the first post ?

ah okidoki thx

Howdy Kael and all -

I am back in the world of the living (long story).

Love the 0.40 released, and am very pleased to see some of the DA stuff being used.

Were you interested in getting the dungeon doors to make the opening and closing sounds? And getting the doors to reclose? If so, I can share the work-arounds I used to get doors to work properly. Also, any desire for the traps or glyphs?

And could I possibly talk you into introducing Snack Rats into Erebus? They are not really an invasive species. Not really. Much. :)

Top Bottom