Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

the screenshot is from the normal Firaxis scenario Fall of Rome . As it can be seen , ı am just about to settle inside borders of AI . Don't remember seeing it anywhere else . If it is not some bug , what's the mechanics of it ? How is it done in the editor ?

Attachments

• ihlal.JPG
    ihlal.JPG
    197 KB · Views: 88
You are allowed to settle inside thier borders, as long as it is not next to a town. You need one space between towns. Civ4 did not allow that.

BTW that is an act of war iirc.

Yes, it'll ask you whether you want to go to war with them or not.

well , thanks . Seems ı learned it early then forgot as it was trouble ; ı wasn't settling inside AI borders even in war , supposing culture thing wouldn't allow it .

CCM also forbids settling on desert tiles.

Say I have some Ivory on a forest tile atop a grassland tile. If I chop the forest, will the Ivory disappear?

Level the Forest and Poach the (almost) Limitless Ivory........Don't you just love the Civ World......No worries about Animal Habitats or Elephant Endangerment! :lol:

Just build over it already!

I didn't know that ivory could spawn on forests. :confused: I thought they were limited to plains only. One of the easier luxuries to connect.

I was surprised myself. It's part of the story that I'm doing, when I post the next update, there will be a screenshot if you're interested.

has anyone else noticed that we no longer get options about where to go on the forum at the bottom of threads? What's up with that?

has anyone else noticed that we no longer get options about where to go on the forum at the bottom of threads? What's up with that?
They removed the Forum Jump because they think it contributed to the outages of last week. More details are in the Site Feedback section.

Not sure I agree with them...:dunno:

Thank you Cbob. Was just curious. I don't go to most of the forum options so I miss stuff. :)

ı am at a loss with a mod ı am playing , there is this wonder ı was doing in a city but the wars got an awfully wrong turn . ı always save a lot went back ages maybe 100 turns and now ı can't do the wonder . ı have tried different sciences , different buildings in case the BIQ was accidentally modified . Any ideas , wars trade can they have a relationship on it ?

When you say you cannot do the wonder, what happens? Does the wonder appear in the cities build queue, but greyed out? Does it not even appear in any town's queue?

If it appears and is greyed, then I would expect that either you already have a town building it or you have corrupted shields in the box.

If it does not appear at all, then you are missing some requirements.

have tried building any available buildings in practically everywhere they could be . It doesn't show up . Have played the scenario more than a few times and this was the first time ı had the chance to build them . What happened ı don't know . Have checked the BIQ can't see anything . They are a couple , to built the second you must have the first one in the city .

ı am at a loss with a mod ı am playing , there is this wonder ı was doing in a city but the wars got an awfully wrong turn . ı always save a lot went back ages maybe 100 turns and now ı can't do the wonder . ı have tried different sciences , different buildings in case the BIQ was accidentally modified . Any ideas , wars trade can they have a relationship on it ?
Umm...which mod was it?

Top Bottom