Quick Questions and Answers

Since the changes to gold in bnw, what's the point of working water tiles that have no additional resources?
More food growth means more population and more research.

Are natural wonders considered mountains for the sake of building an observatory?
I don't know, interested in answer as well.

In ranged vs ranged unit combat does the defending unit use ranged or normal CS?
Give this a read: [BNW] [question] Does Cover I/II promotions work against city attacks?

Being new to civ 5 I have trouble assessing the maximum yield potential of tiles. Either I use a mod or I have to visit 4-5 wiki pages on average just to figure out one tile. Is there an article / spreadsheet that succintly summarizes all possible improvements including technology / buildings / wonders / tenets / etc...?
You need the Enhanced User Interface mod which, when configured correctly, will show the potential yields in the future from researching technologies, social policies, etc.

Hello I'm new to this forum and Civilization. I bought Brave New World a week ago. I have some questions.

1- What happens if my city converts to another religion? How can I protect my cities from other civ's prophets without declaring a war?

2- I'm a scientific and militaristic player. But I have some problems with that white bird called "Faith". My Faith production is usually +12 to + 20 per turn. What Should I do?

Thanks.
Check out these guides:
Religion: How Does the Religion System Work?
Religion: Spreading and Defending Your Religion

Hi every1,

I've had civ v for about a year now and decided to try building a mod. iv gone through a few different guides and the most helpful has been Kael's Guide.

The problem I am having relates to the new icons I am trying to make for the mod. The Dawn of Man screen and Map work great, but when i load the game the icons are showing up as squares rather than in the circle like other icons.

I have read through loads of guides on the internet and they have all helped with other problems I was facing, but none of them mention anything to do with my specific problem. I am using Gimp for the artwork.

I did see something in one forum about gimp masks it didn't elaborate so I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem or not and if it does I have no idea what a gimp mask is or how to use them?

Does anybody understand the issue I'm having and could offer advice on how to fix it?

Would be much appreciated

Thankyou

I am interested in the idea of supporting other players indirectly/fighting wars by proxy.
How do you gift units to other civilizations?

Hey, I spent an hour reading the help files with Civ5, but I could not figure out how many Hit Points a city has. Just that a City Wall adds 50.

Can anyone answer that? How many HP does a city have?

I am interested in the idea of supporting other players indirectly/fighting wars by proxy.
How do you gift units to other civilizations?

You sign open borders, move the units in his territory and use the gift action. (might be hidden, click more)

When are international projects such as World Fair considered to be ready? Human turn, AI turn or when it's "actually" ready?

I played as ottomans and I had production about 1000 per turn. I changed my production to Worlds Fairs immediately after it was available. Inca had total production something 800. After World,s Fair was completed I got results:
Inca 1200
Ottomans 1000

So basically Inca builded World's Fair 2 turns and I only one. However I also builded it 2 turns but only 1 turn was calculated to result. Watch the catch here?

Edit: This was on Large Map and WF was held quite late(turn 200?) and WF was completed in two turns or one.

Playing as Polynesia. An allied City State gifted me the Merchant of Venice. The description for his city-state-purchasing ability still says that the state will become part of Venice. Meanwhile, the AI Venice is also present in the game.

What will happen if I use this MoV's unique ability on the City State?

Playing as Polynesia. An allied City State gifted me the Merchant of Venice. The description for his city-state-purchasing ability still says that the state will become part of Venice. Meanwhile, the AI Venice is also present in the game.

What will happen if I use this MoV's unique ability on the City State?

Don't worry, it should become part of Polynesia. Otherwise, there's evil forces at play. :satan:

What reformation beliefs you can use and not if you are not founder of that religion?
I noticed that I can use jesuit education and purchace science buildings in my cities.

But on one other game my cities had religion that had reformation belief to purchase anytype of Great person. However I had only option to purchase Great Prophets starting from industrial age.

Anyone know answer which reformation belief work for non-founder?
So far I know that Jesuit Education and Sacred sites work for non-founder.

But the one which gives option to purchase anytype of Great Person starting from indu era doesnt work for non-founder.

I played a lot of BNW games, all on King, so I know there's much less warmongering than in G&K. But it starts to get boring, because I usually go tall and I won't start many wars. The thing is, I've played so many games and even in Renaissance and beyond, no one fights with each other. When there is an occasional war, the 2 civs just kill almost all of the enemies army and maybe take over a city, sometimes 2. I've never seen a civ take out entire civilizations and it just feels like I'm playing a simcity game or something. So, my point is; does this improve at higher difficulties? Do they warmonger more and succeed in their conquest? Because know when there is a war they just lose their army and that's it, the map at t200 is almost the same as on t400, I'm not a real fan of that..

I played a lot of BNW games, all on King, so I know there's much less warmongering than in G&K. But it starts to get boring, because I usually go tall and I won't start many wars. The thing is, I've played so many games and even in Renaissance and beyond, no one fights with each other. When there is an occasional war, the 2 civs just kill almost all of the enemies army and maybe take over a city, sometimes 2. I've never seen a civ take out entire civilizations and it just feels like I'm playing a simcity game or something. So, my point is; does this improve at higher difficulties? Do they warmonger more and succeed in their conquest? Because know when there is a war they just lose their army and that's it, the map at t200 is almost the same as on t400, I'm not a real fan of that..

You could try preselecting some of your opponents. Adding Shaka, Attila or Montezuma to your games will almost guarantee early wars. I play mostly on emperor and it's pretty much the same story. If you have a somewhat decent army you can avoid wars for almost the whole game unless you start close to one of the warmonger civs. Maybe it changes on immortal/deity where the AI can create bigger armies, I'm not sure. Only one way to find out, right? :crazyeye:

As for my own question: Does Egypt's UA count towards World Congress projects? World's Fair, International Games etc...

Where can I find information about the Natural Wonders on the civilopedia? I've searched for natural wonders in civiliopedia and the search found no matches.

You could try preselecting some of your opponents. Adding Shaka, Attila or Montezuma to your games will almost guarantee early wars. I play mostly on emperor and it's pretty much the same story. If you have a somewhat decent army you can avoid wars for almost the whole game unless you start close to one of the warmonger civs. Maybe it changes on immortal/deity where the AI can create bigger armies, I'm not sure. Only one way to find out, right? :crazyeye:

Thanks for answering, just started a game and preselected Attila and Shaka, guess what; my closest neighbour is Shaka :goodjob: This is going to be interesting. Oh yeah, also added Oda because he warmongers alot in my previous games.

First, I think I'll start my first post here by answering a question; someone asked if natural wonders counts as mountains in terms of being able to build observatories. The answer is yes, but only for some of the wonders (i.e. the ones that actually are mountains).
Now I have a question:
1: If I capture a city with a world wonder that requires a social policy (like the Great Pyramids, Prora, Statue of Liberty etc.), but I don't have the required policy, do I still get the benefits from the wonder?

Top Bottom