Quick Questions and Answers

You can browse the Creation & Customization forum for mods that have been uploaded to the site by the mod authors. Others should not be posting mods in individual posts.

And if you don't use Steam, how are you playing the game?

Are you sure the Project ever got completed? Its completion has nothing to do with the World's Congress. When it completed, you'll get a pop up window that shows who won what.

Maybe you completed it 95%, and stopped.... and nobody ever completed it.

Can you still build it in your city's production window? If so, you can see its current progress.

Thanks for the answer, but I couldn't build it anymore so someone completed it. I must have just missed the pop up window somehow because I noticed I had +happiness from coming second. Is there any way of checking who won it?

I have another question regarding the Great Library, I know it gives a free library to the city that builds it, so is it worth building a library before it or is do people generally skip a library in the city they plan on building the GL in?

Question:
Is there any way a player can confirm the AI's Happiness Level (Yes/No)

InfoAddict mod. It's the ultimate in spectator tools.

Thanks for the Information, but MODS are cheating....I meant legally (HoF Rules),...I really only play HoF games/Gauntlets, But I am sure that MOD might be helpful for doing some testing, and trial runs.

Doesn't anyone else think it is unfair that he AI knows the players Happiness, but we have to "Guess" at our competitions Happiness level?

-

Why do you think so?

Example:
- I have a Mercantile CS that I am "Friends" with,...Providing the difference between Positive/Negative Happiness
- AI allies that CS, and on the same turn DoW

* I could give multiple examples, But basically the AI sits pretty and then the moment your Happiness goes negative,...He attacks! It happens all the time,...It is not just a coincidence!

Yes, you can see the AI's happiness.

That screen works in the "Late Game",....only after "Ideology" (The AI Civs on that screen that haven't adopted a "Ideology" have no recordable Happiness )

Most of my "Gauntlet" games are over well before a "Ideology" is accepted, so it is useless, unless it is a Science or Time game.

-

Example:
- I have a Mercantile CS that I am "Friends" with,...Providing the difference between Positive/Negative Happiness
- AI allies that CS, and on the same turn DoW

* I could give multiple examples, But basically the AI sits pretty and then the moment your Happiness goes negative,...He attacks! It happens all the time,...It is not just a coincidence!

Well, I've never observed such thing; I'm pretty sure it's just a coincidence (AI is not so smart :lol:)

Well, I've never observed such thing; I'm pretty sure it's just a coincidence (AI is not so smart :lol:)

Definitely not a coincidence,...It happens to all the time!

He is SMART, but only a few things ;) ....I personally think this is one of them.

Other AI smarts,
- AI scouts know the moment a "Barb Camp" is empty (Even Scouts W/O a upgrade)
- You hit a Ruin revealing "Surrounding Area", the local AI scout suddenly knows that there is a Ruin in that area (Revealed),...and heads straights for it!
- AI CS allies are more aggressive, and come from much further to attack enemies. (Many times my allies just stay within there borders, unless the borders are adjoined)
- At war with a AI Civ for a long period of time (No action, and actually I have the area completely under surveilance - No AI units anywhere,...Finally, your first 2 Cargo ships of the game are built,....Hmmm, choice of three CSs to send Cargo Ships to...I'll send one to Wellington and one to to Prague,...*Next turn, AI enemy allies Wellington and Prague even know he is completely devastated and couldn't possibly be able to view the destination of your Cargo Ships.

Question:

Gold from Pillaging
Do any of the following things determine change the outcome of how much money you get from Pillaging?
- Difficulty?
- How advanced a Unit doing the Pillaging?
- Era?
- Type of Resource your Pillaging?

^

I'm seriously confused as to how you can get Pagodas/Mosques etc. Last game I picked Islam and had Pagoda, this time I picked Islam and can't see Pagoda.... how does it work?

*EDIT* - Oh I see... I'm guessing someone took Pagoda?

20% bonus when a railroad is connected to the capital. Hover over your total production and you'll see the modifier for a railroad connection.

How exactly does Air Sweeps work with Fighters? As far as I understand from my experience, the Fighter goes to draw out fire from any interceptors within something like 2 tiles range from the tile you order it to sweep. However, I don't quite understand how many of those interceptors one fighter can intercept, and whether you need more than one to clear out all possible interceptors.

Also, something I noticed, AA guns and Fighters do way more damage to your bombers when they intercept, but not as much when you intentionally target them. How is this explained in terms of game mechanics?

One fighter interception run only deactivates a single AA or one defensive fighter.

I have not seen any game mechanic explanation why bombers attacking AA guns directly take less damage than bomber attacking units next to an AA gun. It makes some sense I guess.

Also, something I noticed, AA guns and Fighters do way more damage to your bombers when they intercept, but not as much when you intentionally target them. How is this explained in terms of game mechanics?

If you target a unit near them, that unit defends itself PLUS the AA gun fires at the bomber.

This is not a quick question, but i think i didnt worth starting a new topic

Venice bought Colombo, which was close to my capital. Sweden was at war with Venice, and i was at war with Sweden. Sweden took Colombo by the time i was taking one small sweden city close to my borders, so i tought: great, now i can raze these two cities next to my borders.

Problem was, there was a venitian missionary inside the city, even it being now a sweden city. He would never move, so taking the city would mean declaring war to Venice. During the war i bribed Austria to join us, to get the diplomatic bonus; so, at the siege of Colombo, there was my troops, austrian and venetian troops. I could not atack to get the city weak enought to be taken, because then the venetian could take the city, so my siege strategy was to make room for that f* missionary to leave, but he never did. I just got bored, atacked the city declaring war on Venice and screwd my diplomacy and the whole game.

My questions are:
How can the venetian missionary still be inside the city after it was taken?
Why he would never move? Was it some smart AI strategy to keep it's city?

i'm sorry for any grammatical mistakes, i'm not used to write in english

The game setup feels to restrictive to me. I want to be able to start a duel-sized map with 12 civs, etc. Is there any mod that enables 12 civs on smaller maps? On a huge map, the game just gets sooo sloooow... and it's annoying to have to move your troops so far.

The game setup feels to restrictive to me. I want to be able to start a duel-sized map with 12 civs, etc. Is there any mod that enables 12 civs on smaller maps? On a huge map, the game just gets sooo sloooow... and it's annoying to have to move your troops so far.

you can choose a small map then in advanced setup you can click "add civilization" i believe it says, at the bottom left, until you have as many as you want.

Top Bottom