Quick Questions and Answers

When you occupy a city, does it permanently have the unhappiness due to occupation from population?

I've just annexed 5 cities, wiping out 2 civilizations in the process. I've bought the Courthouse in each city, removing the unhappiness due to the number of occupied cities, but I still have the extra unhappiness from the people living in them.

Is that unhappiness permanent? Can it increase further?

it will always have some unhappiness. Like in real world you cant have everyone happy. You will always generate unhappiness from number of cities and from population, then it comes some from other stuff. It is important to counter that by building special buildings and getting some policies that would help you

I understand there'll be unhappiness. I'm just curious about the unhappiness caused by occupation. Can that be removed? Does it get worse over time even if a Courthouse is present?

I understand there'll be unhappiness. I'm just curious about the unhappiness caused by occupation. Can that be removed? Does it get worse over time even if a Courthouse is present?

after the courthouse is built there will be no unhappiness from occupation

Inviato dal mio GT-S5570I con Tapatalk 2

Now my happiness has dropped from 31 to 27 so quickly. :eek2: Anything that can be done to stop it from further dropping?

i get same problem almost every game. Sometimes its just luxury banned or population jump. Sometimes however if some other civ manage to broker world ideology that is different than mine i get major happiness drop... like -28 in 1 turn forcing me to change ideology in order to keep my empire happy.

Looking at building some Nat'l Wonders that require something in every city. I.e. University, and I can't find anywhere that will give me a listing of what buildings are already present in each city. I believe this was something in the past that was added with the BUG mod on other versions.

Am I missing it somewhere or is there a mod out there that helps provide more info. I've been playing Civ for years but just recently picked up V and got a reasonable enough machine to run it. Your help would be appreciated.

If you try and build a NW in your cap, and it not available, the mouse-over will list your cities that need the building.

If you try and build a NW in your cap, and it not available, the mouse-over will list your cities that need the building.

Thank you for those answers. I'm not the most tech savy guy around, I just enjoy playing, is there any kind of add-on Mod similar to BUG from Civ IV that works with BNW? Just curious cause BUG helped give out alot of info that was there w/o changing the game. I like CiV, I'm just not as familiar with it.

Same reason muskets, rifles, infantry, etc. are not ranged. Hexes are miles across, so the whole melee vs. ranged thing is kind of artificial. Archers shooting further than machine guns is the more typical complaint.

Modern tanks are different from Musketmen though. Musketmen were usually lined up and fired at each at close distances. Modern Tanks, on the other hand, are designed to be able to destory other tanks from several kilometers away.

Modern tanks are different from Musketmen though. Musketmen were usually lined up and fired at each at close distances. Modern Tanks, on the other hand, are designed to be able to destory other tanks from several kilometers away.

That... also it doesnt make sense for archers to have bigger range than MA but they do... it would be more realistic if archers had range 1 like the machine gun and MA had range 2
On the other hand - make MA ranged and you loose one of the best late game melee unit. I guess they balanced it this way cause at that point you have planes and missiles to reduce city health and MA to enter the city

Thank you for those answers. I'm not the most tech savy guy around, I just enjoy playing, is there any kind of add-on Mod similar to BUG from Civ IV that works with BNW? Just curious cause BUG helped give out alot of info that was there w/o changing the game. I like CiV, I'm just not as familiar with it.

I've been using Enhanced User Interface.

>Playing Greece, working towards diplomatic victory from turn 1
>Venice is in the game.

Can I liberate city states that have been puppeteered by Douche Dandolo by conquering them, or are they forever lost and my only hope of salvation is the quickest possible extermination of Venice?

If Venice bought the City-State with a Great Merchant of Venice, they have permanently lost their city-state "character" and cannot be liberated. If he puppeted them the old fashioned way (by conquering), they can be liberated.

Top Bottom