Quick Questions and Answers

HitmanDan96
does anyone know how to play a modded map?
i built one in worldbuilder and id like to try it, but i cant find it? :help:
If you mean a .Civ5Map file then put it into My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Maps then in the game's menu select Mods > Single player > Set up game > Map Type (the globe button) and select your map in the list. I believe starting positions, resources etc. will be randomized unless you check 'Load Scenario' button after selecting the map.

do you know an answer for my question ?
Nope. I would google for it or check with the game's manual or Kael's modding guide if i were you. Even more likely, i would first upload my map to this forum (attaching it to a post) in hopes to get feedback.

tall empires means a empire with few cities,but with high population and wide empire means a empire with many cities but with a pop more spread in the cities. these definitions are important because some victories are tied with your size. for example, to win a cultural victory,you need to have less than 3 cities settled or annexed and to win a scientific victory,you need at least 3 cities(it's possible to win a scientific with one city only,but only in lower levels).

can you play a multiplayer game with a dlc civ that the other person i'm playing with doesn't have?

Moderator Action: Merged into Quick Questions thread.

of course not.
may i direct you to the quick answers and questions thread - you really don't need make a new thread any time you have a thought.

Hi folks

I recently found out my tiles outside I think 3 away from my city dont have benefits. Is there a way to have all my tiles give benefits? Do I need to get a mod?

Thanks!

edit: I think I saw a mod for it HitmanDan96 in the in game mod search, try there

Does the armor promotion for air craft only count for tanks and modern armor or does it also give a damage increase for mechanised infantry and mobile rocket launchers?

I discovered today one of my cities was earning negative culture. Further examination revealed that it has to do with policies.
Which policies are the cause of this?

Also is there a max. number of nukes you can launch per turn?

I discovered today one of my cities was earning negative culture. Further examination revealed that it has to do with policies.
Which policies are the cause of this?

Also is there a max. number of nukes you can launch per turn?

I don't think cities can produce negative culture. But each city you own does increase the amount of culture needed for the next social policy, so yeah, if it doesn't produce more culture than the added cost of SP's, you could view it as being a negative cuture impact (but don't... it will just make things more confusing).

I was a bit surprised to see iron showing up on my map, long before I researched Iron Working (new patch, it still says in the desciptions that Iron Working is needed to reveal iron).
But it showed up only next to a city state. City states had iron for trade.
What's exactly going on here?
EDIT:
Forget I asked, it must be the new patch. I started a game before the patch, but now the resources are mixed up. I just connected my third Ivory, but my people thinks it's Marble and they're all of a sudden a lot happier now.
Better start a new game, because this is a mess...

I don't think cities can produce negative culture. But each city you own does increase the amount of culture needed for the next social policy, so yeah, if it doesn't produce more culture than the added cost of SP's, you could view it as being a negative cuture impact (but don't... it will just make things more confusing).

You understood me wrong. I was looking at the F2 screen and there was a -1 culture value in my city. I checked the city screen and there it said
1 culture from buildings
-2 from policies

Strange thing. Could be a patch related issues as it was a pre patch save loaded after patching

FYI I put a ship in a city that was being razed to allow it to get in range to fire on an opponent.

When the city disappeared the ship was still on the tile, but took its full movement to move to the adjacent water hex.

Top Bottom