Quick Questions and Answers

civ five does not have taxes they run all separately. furthermore the resources don't require roads anymore.

Another quetions, playing in the easyest level, I built farm in cost!! no even close to a river, it was for the level i chose??? I expect like in past games they could be build only in tiles next to a river

@Aspon - Main Menu - Options (I think) - uncheck Full Screen.

@Dongoyo79
Road almost always not necessary to get a resource. I did have to build one once, but it was a very unusual situation and hard to describe.

There is no slider in CIV V. No taxes! Money comes from gold: hover over the gold label at the top of the screen or go to Economic View via the scroll top left. The Cities screen also shown there shows where your science and culture are coming from.

Another quetions, playing in the easyest level, I built farm in cost!! no even close to a river, it was for the level i chose??? I expect like in past games they could be build only in tiles next to a river
On flatland you can build farms anywhere, provided there's no resource on it. Hills allow mines always, but if they're next to fresh water - river, lake or even oasis - you have the choice between a mine or a farm. A farm gives one food on a hill, and it becomes two food with Civil Service.

@Dongoyo79
Road almost always not necessary to get a resource. I did have to build one once, but it was a very unusual situation and hard to describe.

Please try it. There is absolutely never a reason to build a road to a ressource.

On a continent. City on coast. A one-hex bay - mouth of a river - separated the resource hex from the city. The City, which had a trade route, had expanded across the bay but only to the resource tile. When the resource tile was improved, my civ had no credit for it. What I finally did was to construct a road to the resource hex upsteam across the river. Then, I got credit for having the resource.

This was in an early release some time last fall. I have had no problem with resources on islands . Only with this situation.

If I had waited and not built the road, I would not have been able to get access to the resource until I had culture growth which connected the hex by land. Once this happened, I removed the road.

If I absolutely had no reason to build the road in that peculiar situation, I wouldn't have built it. But actual reality trumps rules and what "should" happen. This may have been fixed by now. It shouldn't have happened then, so maybe it has been fixed.

So, I would say you shouldn't have to build roads to connect resources, but if you don't get credit for having an improved resource within your cultural borders because of the lay of the land and you need its benefits, try building a road. You can always delete it later.

On flatland you can build farms anywhere, provided there's no resource on it. Hills allow mines always, but if they're next to fresh water - river, lake or even oasis - you have the choice between a mine or a farm. A farm gives one food on a hill, and it becomes two food with Civil Service.

So I can build farms anywere, is ther a plus to farms are next to fresh water or it dosn't matter???

Once you've researched Civil Service every farm next to fresh water gives one food extra, so that would be 4 food for a river-grassland, 3 for river-plains, 2 for a river-hill.
Some tech later on (forgot which one) also gives this extra food to non-river farms.
And of course working tiles next to a river gives gold.

Is there anyway to play civ 5 in a window instead of my whole screen I like to have facebook and msn open to and dont like having to quit out every time I get a message or etc.

There is an option to set windowed mode, in the video options, and to set the resolution that Civ operates at within that window.

Once you've researched Civil Service every farm next to fresh water gives one food extra, so that would be 4 food for a river-grassland, 3 for river-plains, 2 for a river-hill.
Some tech later on (forgot which one) also gives this extra food to non-river farms.
And of course working tiles next to a river gives gold.

Fertilizer.

Is there anyway to play civ 5 in a window instead of my whole screen I like to have facebook and msn open to and dont like having to quit out every time I get a message or etc.

You can also press the "Windows" button on the keyboard. This will show the buttons of any other applications you have at the bottom. So if you are running Firefox you are able to click on that and enlarge it.

This method can be a bit hit and miss- best to use it after you have pressed "Next turn".

Please tell me how to turn on tooltips on a map with resources - once i had them, but disabled them in some way. It's hard to find resources on a map in late game without the icons.

Is there a way to stack a general and military unit together so they move as one? I've looked at all the hotkeys and everywhere else but I can't seem to find out how.

Hi everyone,
I just bought Civ 5 Game of the year edition on ebay but it just plays with no of the bonus content !!
Its got game of the year edition written on the case and disc but plays like civ 5 even the short cut on my screen just says civ 5 !
Have I been ripped off ?
I got the game on ebay sealed as new

Hi everyone,
I just bought Civ 5 Game of the year edition on ebay but it just plays with no of the bonus content !!
Its got game of the year edition written on the case and disc but plays like civ 5 even the short cut on my screen just says civ 5 !
Have I been ripped off ?
I got the game on ebay sealed as new

Not familiar with the GotY per se, but none of the DLC change the appearance of the game, particularly. Start a game and see if you can play as one of the add-on civs, like Babylon or Spain.

Top Bottom