1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by joncnunn, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Sauron 3

Sauron 3 Chieftain

It was so easy for me to win all the game parties under Apollo difficulty, but on it it has become to do it very and very hard(AI obtains necessary upgrade points very quick, for example, 15 when I have 10). Why so? Maybe the reason that I do it on duel map instead of previos 4 or 6 players on it.

2. Piruparka

Piruparka Chieftain

Hi, is there a way to add all 12 factions to a game? There seems to be a limit to 10, so I was wondering if that could be changed in a ini file or by a mod maybe

3. Valessa

Valessa Chieftain

Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\assets\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CivBEWorlds.xml

Open that file with a text editor, then change the DefaultPlayers-Line of the PlanetSize to whatever you want the max players to be. This changes both, the maximum number you can put on a planet as well as the number of Civs that are put there by default.

4. joethejet

joethejet Chieftain

On the main screen when setting up a game it shows " play in starships " but the " button " is not available to activate . I see a thread about a starships game , is that what that button alludes to ?

5. Dale H

Dale H Chieftain

Please help me find out about AI behavior. Just exactly what does the AI do and not do? I know about the AI benefits but does it play by the same rules? Is there a place I can read about it? Thanks,

Never mind. Found youtube discussion by Soren Johnson elsewhere in the forum entitled Playing to Lose: AI and Civ about civ v ai.

6. 60w

60w Chieftain

--

Yep you can trade it

7. 60w

60w Chieftain

How many galaxy do we have?

8. Sauron 3

Sauron 3 Chieftain

What do you mean?

9. Mista

Mista Chieftain

I built the phasor transporter, and when i click on a unit it gives me the option to transport it to anywhere. but when i click the transport option, nothing happens. so how do i make the phasor transporter work?

10. Zeahil

Zeahil Chieftain

Hi,

Lately I've noticed that in the Culper Lodge chain of quests I only receive the first quest (For your eyes only), then several turns after I complete it I receive the final quest (//Redacted//).

So it skips the second (Special Delivery) and third (Operative Extraction) quests in the chain and I don't receive the additional covert agents

Any idea why? Was this an update? :confused:

11. legalizefreedom

legalizefreedom Inefficiency Expert

I'm not sure about your particular case, or how many times you've seen this, but I know this quest line can be disrupted if the foreign city it sends you to changes hands.

12. VCrakeV

VCrakeV Chieftain

Any good overhauls (balance, variation, etc.) For this game yet (especially with RT)? I was thinking of picking this up again over Planet fall.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

13. Piruparka

Piruparka Chieftain

Playing as Germany, I came across the situation that I was allowed to build an observatory in a city that does definetely not have a Firaxit resource. Same happened to another city where I was able to build the clone factory which requires a modernized source of Xenomass which is there but not modernized since I don't even have the tech for that. Is this a known bug or did I miss a feature that lets you build these buildings even if you don't meet the requirements?

edit: Looks like this is linked to trade routes. Still this seems wrong. Being provided a resource via a trade route doesn't make it an improved source. Is this a bug?

14. Cerilis

Cerilis Chieftain

Just a quick question, because I'm rarely in this parts of the forum: I was just at my laptop that doesnt run civ6 and therefore about to play BE, and anyway, I was wondering if there is actually anything known about them working on an additional expansion or even Beyon Earth 2?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  15. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

There have been no announcements regarding any more expansions for BE or a BE successor game.

16. historix69

historix69 Chieftain

I just bought the Civ BE collection. Is there a way to switch between the BE and RT intro videos? When I start BE, it shows only the RT-video.

Ok. Found one method :
    In steam go to Civ BE properties and disable RT. Then the game starts with the normal Civ BE intro and start screen.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  17. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

That works, but it means the entire RT expansion is disabled, not just the intro screen and cinematic.

18. historix69

historix69 Chieftain

I know ...

This is a problem with most or all Civ-games with expansions. Once you install an expansion, you can hardly view the original intro anymore. There is a menu missing to select one of the 2-3 intro-videos at will ...
    The menu should allow to directly play each intro video and select one of the videos or none to be played at start.

Is there an option to disable the Intro Video for Civ BE at start?

legalizefreedom likes this.
  19. legalizefreedom

legalizefreedom Inefficiency Expert

You can also view the videos directly if you install a player that supports the format.