1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by joncnunn, Oct 21, 2014.

1. coolhair

coolhair Chieftain

I can't seem to figure out how to get the advanced setup screen when setting up a new game. When I click "Setup Game" I get a window with only 3 options: Difficulty, Game Pace and Planet Size.

2. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

Click Accept, then Click on Advanced Setup in the top Right Corner.

3. coolhair

coolhair Chieftain

Sigh... I knew it was going to be something obvious I'd somehow missed. Thanks!

4. bragaul

bragaul Chieftain

It's at the top of the production list. Instead of choosing to produce something you use production to move the city.

5. bragaul

bragaul Chieftain

Civ: BE - RT

I'm having a difficult time actually negotiating a trade. It has been a while since I played BE but I can't seem to change an offer at all. I'm always stuck with the default.

We *can* do that, right?

6. jozef57

jozef57 Warlord

playing on a huge map. epic time with about 9 city's now, no health problems it is stable at about level 13

7. Grizzligris

Grizzligris Chieftain

Regarding the new expansion:
    In BERT, how do you tell a Civ not to settle near?
    Thank you.

8. Doviello

Doviello Warlord

You downgrade your relationship to sanctioned!

:(

9. JH24

JH24 Chieftain

Is there a way to see an AI's (Rising Tide) science and energy output per turn as well as their total reserves? I enjoy the diplomacy system in Rising Tide, but in the original Beyond Earth you could see how an AI was doing in science and energy when negotiating a trade.

My sincere thanks in advance.

10. cakes

cakes Prince

do you think the slow load times add to the dramatic tension?

11. Urkedurke

Urkedurke Chieftain

Yes hello,
    Here are my system specs. :

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz
    Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
    Memory 8.2 GB

SO, according to a site called "Can you run it" (http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri) if you are familiar with it I should have a great experience with the game which means at least medium-high on 1680x1050.
    BUT, I cant run the game on minimum on 1680x1050 and have stable 60 fps.
    Pleas tell me if there is some thing wrong with my computer or dose this site just lie to me giving me hope.
    http://imgur.com/jox7zqb
    Oh and please if I posted at a wrong place this is my first time on this forum or any for that matter that i plan to use a lot.

12. mnf

mnf King

50 turns into my first RT game...what's happening with the Ultrasonic Fence? Is it bugged? Or are sea aliens not affected by the Ultrasonic Fence?

Also with the Hydracorals I think I'm never going to go Harmony ever again. :( How do you clear the Hydracorals while going Harmony?

13. Grizzligris

Grizzligris Chieftain

It would have been nice to still be able to warn the Civ to back off from the area, as long as the AI behaviour would react in a unique way, independent from the new politics mechanic.

14. Halcyon 7

Halcyon 7 Chieftain

Can anyone tell me how to determine an enemies city's anti-orbital strike range? Something I am missing in the orbital layer ui, tooltips, warnings, spies? Or are we just left with trial and error?

15. Ghost_Nappa

Ghost_Nappa Chieftain

I was wondering the same today and tested it out. It's the same as the maximum workable range of a city - so, 5.

There's no way to see it that I know of. It was part of the old diplo/trading which got completely removed.

16. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

No, that's not correct. The Orbital Strike Range varies depending on the Buildings/Wonders that the City has - GlobalDefines claims it's 0 by default. Not sure if that number is actually active though.

There's no way of knowing what the current orbital range is, other than making predictions, though Range 3 is pretty much guaranteed on a somewhat defensive City (Rocket Battery).

17. kipwheeler

kipwheeler Warlord

I wish that your spy reports on foreign cities would include a report on their orbital strike range.

18. Halcyon 7

Halcyon 7 Chieftain

Thanks for the imput. Thats what I figured. Just wanted to make sure I didn't skim over a way to see it. Educated guess with trial and error it is.

19. Ghost_Nappa

Ghost_Nappa Chieftain

I stand corrected. I should've written that I always take 5 just to be sure. So, I excuse myself for making assumptions rather than providing facts.

I just reloaded a game several times again, where I know that the AI was definitely taking down a sat. It also got a Rocket Battery in the city.

4 - tiles away outside of city territory - no attack
    3 - tiles inside territoy - sat got attacked

So the initial value 0 - as you Ryika stated - is zero.

Now, the question for me is, if city territory affects city orbital strike range. But I have no way at the moment to test it.

20. Halcyon 7

Halcyon 7 Chieftain

I wouldn't think territory would have anything to do with it. Just the number of tiles from the city tile itself. Will be making a point to try to know who builds the Panopticon(+5 anti-orbital strike range) and where from here on.