Quick Questions and Answers

Can any one tell me where the music files are and can we play them separately from the game?

Currently the best way to access the music files is via the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth\assets\Sounds\Streamed\Music. They are ogg files, which can be played by VLC (which will also convert them to MP3 if you want). There's no word yet on whether they will be made more accessible, in MP3 form.

thank you Camikaze for the replies. ^

My jimmies are very rustled they didn't include strategic view.

Is it possible to re-name your cities? Having a heck of a time trying to figure this out, and is there anyway to do a custom map?

Everything is so confusing... so many questions.

Where is all the information hiding? Is there a secret hidden menu?

I built a trade thingy. I selected an outpost, and there was a bunch of red bug symbols on the map. Fine. A few turns later, I'm asking "where is my trade thingy". Seems I've lost it, but I missed the notification?

Do the makers of Endless Space have a patent that disallows Firaxis from using right-click to exit the technology screen? It's a shame, because that would have been useful. I don't like having to press ESC.

Hot keys: in game manual accessible from Steam. Not sure about other versions. Quick copy and paste:

GENERAL HOTKEYS
Civilopedia F1
Economic Overview F2
Military Overview F3
Diplomacy Overview F4
Virtues Screen F5
Tech Web F6
Notification Log F7
Victory Progress F8
Quest Overview F9
Trade Overview F10
Quick Save F11
Quick Load Ctrl-F11
Hex Grid Shift-G
Menu Esc
End Turn Enter
Next Unit Period
Previous Unit Comma
City View Insert
Select Capital Home
Next City ]
Previous City [
Zoom in Page Up
Zoom out Page Down
Show resource icons Shift-R
Yield icons Shift-Y
Orbital View Shift-O
Save Ctrl-S
Load Ctrl-L
End Turn Ctrl Space, Enter

GENERAL UNITS
Move Mode M
Explore (Automated) E
Sleep F
Alert A
Do Nothing Spacebar
Delete the Unit Delete
Attack Ctrl-A
Ranged Attack B
Set Up Artillery S
Fortify until healed H

AIR UNITS
Rebase Mode Alt-R
Air Strike Mode S
Air Sweep Alt-S
Intercept I

CIVILIAN UNITS
Found City B
Build Improvements (Automated) A
Construct a Road R
Construct a Magrail E
Route to Mode Shift-Ctrl-R
Clear a Marsh/Forest Alt-I
Clear Miasma S
Add Miasma S
Construct a Farm L
Construct a Generator G
Improve Resource I
Build Academy Q
Build Array D
Build Biowell Y
Build Dome U
Build Manufactory W
Build Node O
Repair P
Embark/Disembark K
Launch Orbital Unit S
Orbital Attack N
Cancel Last Mission Backspace
Construct an Expedition I

Trade routes are shown by clicking the little eye on the top-left corner of the mini-map.

Do city attacks affect alien aggression levels?

I saw in a stream or review where the answer was no, but I have not heard this mentioned again.

Is there an easy way to check what my current accumulated worker speed bonus is?

What is the standard orbital attack range for cities, there are things taht increase it, but I can't find ANY info on what the initial range is.

Thanks in advance!

I'm playing a Purity game right now, and I just built the Exodus Gate.
The game tells me I can activate this gate once per turn to produce a Earthling Settler Unit.
However, I've no clue how to activate the gate. I clicked on it, but there's no button or command there. The city next to it doesn't produce settlers either. I looked at the Civilopedia and I took a quick gander at the techs, but I just can't find what I need to do here. KP is already producing those settlers and I'm just killing those now.

Never mind. Found it. When you click on the icon for the gate, on the left side there is a symbol of a man. this summons a settler.

Can we make tooltips appear faster? Right now there's a 3-second delay by default, and I can't figure out how to speed it up.

Moderator Action: Two Quick Questions merged into Quick Questions and Answers

Is there a place where I can see who is at war with who, who is friends with who?? Cus it's not in diplomacy.

Also are quarries and floatstone quarries the same when it comes to quarries getting upgraded in the tech web?

Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place. I don't really think it deserves a whole thread.

I was wondering if someone could please post screen shots of the graphics options in the game. I am anxiously awaiting the Mac version and am trying to decide whether or not I should preorder yet. I'm trying to see if there are options I can decrease or disable that would let me run the game with my MBP and HD 3000. (Foolish, I know. I should just be patient and see what happens, but I want to preorder NOW, darn it! :lol: )

:mischief:

You mentioned before that you do have a windows partition; can you download the free demo?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did they remove the Avoid Growth option and the Unit List screen? That second one in particular seems senseless to remove but I can't find either; I don't have to use it that often but when I use it I REALLY need it. Maybe I'm just blind and can't see them?

Top Bottom