Quick Questions and Answers

I completed my first tutorial-y game yesterday (scraping a transendance victory), and am now starting to look at playing "proprtly" now I jave some avgue idea of what I'm doing.

I did just have a crack again, but I set it to marathon mode (as I tend to do for most Civ games since Civ IV). This... seemed like a really bad idea in hindsight. For one, I could't explore half the ruins because they were under miasma, and the productions were all cripplingly slow (meaning casualties were basically irreplacable).

Is marathon setting now really just pushing the difficulty significantly up (i.e. is it really as balanced at the slower speeds) or was I just having a really bad start?

Is it normal to take around 60 turns to research a tech that is outside of the immediate centre of the tech web?

(ie the techs that take around 15 turns to research.)

Is it normal to take around 60 turns to research a tech that is outside of the immediate centre of the tech web?

(ie the techs that take around 15 turns to research.)
Yes. You need to develop more before you have the science for them.

So...siege worms.

I gave up on a campaign just now. After reading all 17 pages of this thread, I found only a single mention of the other question I have (I'll get to that one shortly)

I played a random everything start game. And from the west of my capital and first placed city, I keep having siege worms pop and come rollin' in.

They rip the snot out of everything, and wipe my armies to nothing before falling to city defenses.

I've mostly not even finished repairing all the damage they've caused before the next one pops into view.

I've explored the whole island I'm on (fairly small...30ish hexes wide, T shaped, about 15 long on the middle stalk as it were) and there are ZERO nests.

I gave up when not one....not two...but THREE siege worms came into my city view on the same turn and simply laid waste to everything in order.

What the hell do siege worms pop from?

(the secondary question I have, I found a single reference to back on page four: what happened to 'limit growth' from Civ5? Is that completely gone now, or am I just an idjit trying to locate it?)

So...siege worms.

I gave up on a campaign just now. After reading all 17 pages of this thread, I found only a single mention of the other question I have (I'll get to that one shortly)

I played a random everything start game. And from the west of my capital and first placed city, I keep having siege worms pop and come rollin' in.

They rip the snot out of everything, and wipe my armies to nothing before falling to city defenses.

Ultrasonic fence. Then stand behind it and shoot the worm safely till dead.

(the secondary question I have, I found a single reference to back on page four: what happened to 'limit growth' from Civ5? Is that completely gone now, or am I just an idjit trying to locate it?)

Nope, it's not there.

Alright, quick question. I notice there's no 'reveal the whole map' tech like Civ V's satellites. How do I see an area that I don't have access to. I don't wanna declare war on the PAC, but I wanna see what they're hiding. Yeah, my early game exploration was poor. Any way to do this?

Alright, quick question. I notice there's no 'reveal the whole map' tech like Civ V's satellites. How do I see an area that I don't have access to. I don't wanna declare war on the PAC, but I wanna see what they're hiding. Yeah, my early game exploration was poor. Any way to do this?

Covert Ops. Send an agent, build a network, reveals that city, gives you info on production.

Spoiler :

Right, but you have to have seen a city to send an agent there, right?

Every few turns the convoy stops and i am given the option to take a different trade route if i want, is there a way to stop this from popping every few turns ? It's kinda cumberstome when i don't really want to change the trade routes.

Edit - By the way, is there some Steam group going on for multiplayer ?

I'm fairly certain I know the answer to this.

Do all cities require the Ultrasonic Fence in order to receive the quest bonus? (Convoys won't be attacked) Or does having one fence in your capital work globally?

Right, but you have to have seen a city to send an agent there, right?

Except for the Capital City I think.

I'm fairly certain I know the answer to this.

Do all cities require the Ultrasonic Fence in order to receive the quest bonus? (Convoys won't be attacked) Or is having one fence in your capital work globally?

Once you trigger the event, I believe all your convoys are immune.

So here is the deal I subscribed to some mods using Steam but then when I go into mods in Civ I don't see them in the folder for Civ any help for this?

Is there any benefit to international trade routes that benefit the other sponsor instead of you? Can you use them to improve diplomatic relations or anything like that?
They always benefit the other colony as well as you and it always improves relations. I don't think giving the a better deal makes them like you more, so still pick one that is good for you.

So...

Any word on future patches, now that December patch has come and gone?

Even just fixing the affinity quest post-t100 bug? (Yes, I know Ryoga has hotfixed this).

There are recent posts around from Firaxis people in bug threads saying things like 'we're looking into it' or asking for save games for bugs so they must be back from the holidays.

Can anyone explain to me how the combat engine works, like, if I have 100 hit points, and 18 strength and I get attacked by something with 12 strength, or 20 strength, how many hit points will I be hit for?

Top Bottom