Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Resources. Assuming standard size map Communitas or Continents and default resource level. Does anyone know what should be „optimal” or „ideal” distribution of strategic resources? I’m asking real numbers, doesn’t matter the location.
Or to rephrase it, we have 8 civs, how many of each strat resource those civs would need to optimally grow and produce a reasonable amount of units of various types.

Overrun is a 100% bonus to flanking which shouldn't be in play here, but I guess they could have other bonuses that aren't showing up in the combat preview, hard to tell since I don't think there's a way to check promotions of a unit that's not your own outside of just seeing the icons so it could have the bonus against wounded units that's not showing up. I guess the important thing is to not trust the combat preview too much like you said.
I said overrun because I can't remember its proper name. It's the sword icon with the "+" sign under it. This is a promotion that deals +25% vs wounded, and another bonus.

Resources. Assuming standard size map Communitas or Continents and default resource level. Does anyone know what should be „optimal” or „ideal” distribution of strategic resources? I’m asking real numbers, doesn’t matter the location.
Or to rephrase it, we have 8 civs, how many of each strat resource those civs would need to optimally grow and produce a reasonable amount of units of various types.

I'm content with 8 horses, 8 iron, 10 coal, 10 oil and 10 alluminium per civ. There are already some buildings and uniques that increases availability, like the new StateCraft.

Is it intended that the automatic war declaration on nuking (e. g., nuke a city state, some civs units are nearby) can bypass peace treaties? I just "declared" war this way one turn after the peace deal.

I'm content with 8 horses, 8 iron, 10 coal, 10 oil and 10 alluminium per civ. There are already some buildings and uniques that increases availability, like the new StateCraft.
10 alu? Why so many? That’s seems a lot, especially since you can just create your own copies.

Fair point on drill, I dont use it enough to understand it. After walls, I usually assault cities with siege engines cause im lazy like that.

Can someone give me a breakdown of what changes when an AI is "AFRAID" status?

Recently got back into Civ5 and am absolutely loving VoxPopuli. :)

Couple of, hopefully, quick questions though:

1) Is the ability to make inland forts passable for naval units deliberately disabled? I've tried setting GLOBAL_PASSABLE_FORTS_ANY to 1 in MODS\(1) Community Patch\Core Files\Core Tables\CustomModOptions.xml, and CustomMods.log contains the following lines:
Code:
CustomMods.cpp[265]: CustomMods::getOption - Cache: GLOBAL_PASSABLE_FORTS appears to have the required database updates
CustomMods.cpp[272]: CustomMods::getOption - Cache: GLOBAL_PASSABLE_FORTS = 1
CustomMods.cpp[272]: CustomMods::getOption - Cache: GLOBAL_PASSABLE_FORTS_ANY = 1

which seems to suggest that it should work, but it doesn't seem to. Ships will enter coastal Forts\Citadels, but won't go into inland ones. Am I missing something or is this intentional? And if it is intentional, what would I need to do to change it?

2) Is there a reason why whowards MilitaryLog and DiplomacyLog mods aren't compatible? It looks like the dll code is based on whowards VariousModComponentsDll, but it's missing MOD_API_PLAYER_LOGS defines. Superficially it doesn't look like it'd be very difficult to merge these in, but before I faff about trying to do this, I wondered if there was a particular reason why it wasn't there already?

Recently got back into Civ5 and am absolutely loving VoxPopuli. :)

Couple of, hopefully, quick questions though:

1) Is the ability to make inland forts passable for naval units deliberately disabled? I've tried setting GLOBAL_PASSABLE_FORTS_ANY to 1 in MODS\(1) Community Patch\Core Files\Core Tables\CustomModOptions.xml, and CustomMods.log contains the following lines:
Code:
CustomMods.cpp[265]: CustomMods::getOption - Cache: GLOBAL_PASSABLE_FORTS appears to have the required database updates
CustomMods.cpp[272]: CustomMods::getOption - Cache: GLOBAL_PASSABLE_FORTS = 1
CustomMods.cpp[272]: CustomMods::getOption - Cache: GLOBAL_PASSABLE_FORTS_ANY = 1

which seems to suggest that it should work, but it doesn't seem to. Ships will enter coastal Forts\Citadels, but won't go into inland ones. Am I missing something or is this intentional? And if it is intentional, what would I need to do to change it?

2) Is there a reason why whowards MilitaryLog and DiplomacyLog mods aren't compatible? It looks like the dll code is based on whowards VariousModComponentsDll, but it's missing MOD_API_PLAYER_LOGS defines. Superficially it doesn't look like it'd be very difficult to merge these in, but before I faff about trying to do this, I wondered if there was a particular reason why it wasn't there already?
This was asked for the interest of AI's logic since they can't handle long canals. However the global passable fort was maintained to only naval forts now, since they can somewhat handle that. (lol)

This was asked for the interest of AI's logic since they can't handle long canals. However the global passable fort was maintained to only naval forts now, since they can somewhat handle that. (lol)

Ah, that makes sense - although I don't really care about that!
Anyway I think I've managed to re-implement PASSABLE_FORTS_ANY being honoured if set, as well as getting the DLL changes to support the Military\Diplo Log mods merged back in, so I'm happy for now! :)

Hi, playing as Carthage at the moment and really love the free lighthouses for immediate city connections. If I only have coastal cities, do I need roads/railroads, too, at some point in the future? (except for faster movement for land units of course) Is there any other benefit that roads/railroads offer that lighthouse city connections can't?

Hi, playing as Carthage at the moment and really love the free lighthouses for immediate city connections. If I only have coastal cities, do I need roads/railroads, too, at some point in the future? (except for faster movement for land units of course) Is there any other benefit that roads/railroads offer that lighthouse city connections can't?
When you unlock Villages from currency, building the villages on roads will increase their yields, particularly if a land trade route passes over it

The movement bonus is the big one. Having a good road system through your empire gives your troops much more mobility and makes home defense much easier.

I did check the requirements and even bought additional DLCs on Steam to have everything in order, so I don't think it's that.

Regarding the rising purchase prices I did some tests on savegames and found out that they increased immediately after conquering a city, went down again for a while, but then increased again. Anybody any clues?
Do you have the Korea DLC activated?

Hey I’ve been looking for an answer in a few places and can’t seem to get one.. I’ve got the Vox multiplayer modpack working seamlessly (besides a resync now and then) but for some reason can’t figure out a way to implement “Wonders Exapanded” in any way besides single player**. Even using the multiplayer mod workaround and packing it to be loaded with assets.. still doesn’t work. JDH’s mod loader won’t detect it even though it’s definitely in the mod folder. The only way I’ve gotten it to work is through single player... really could use some advice as I’ve been at this for days now

Last edited:
Hello!, this is my first post in the Civilization Forums, i want to make some quick questions to some experienced players (excuse my bad english beforehand):

1) I'm trying to get a religion with Japan in Inmortal using Goddess of Protection, what do you think is the best way to do it?, i lost the race using progress last time, using 5 cities and going shrine -> barracks -> walls in every city (turn 90 great prophet in standard speed, last religion was picked in 86), i'm trying with authority now since the tree have a good early production.

2) Is the authority -> progress -> industry combo worth picking when you have a religion?, or should i go authority -> fealty -> industry / imperialism (in case of going for domination)

3) Do you know a map similar to planet simulator, but without mountains?, I like the distribution of resources in communitas, but i don't like the ammount of rivers and weird distribution of players. And with planet simulator... playing with that ammount of chockpoints is boring, the game feels so easy

@Noob Fanboy Idk which version of VP you are using, but in recent ones there is a bug that causes AIs to get handicap bonus when settling a capital. That boosts everything at begining and makes getting a religion extra hard. There's a unofficial version called "AI 12/15 experimental" or something like that that fixes it. You may want to try it.
On Emperor all religions were usually gone around T90-T95. With this fixed religions are gone ~10 turns later.

Top Bottom