Quick Questions / Quick Answers

What promotions do you pick for the roman legions? Cover 2 i guess then go city dmg or flank bonus?
Cover 1 already does a lot, I take the flanking promotions because you begin with one, so you reach the super powerful promotions more quickly. Legions with march are really powerful

I've literally never taken cover 2 on a legion.

It would be very helpfull if somebody with code insight could give insight on the whole overflow system. I am constantly wondering if I loose any hammers from Events, counil of elders, cs quests and if it makes a difference what I am currently building.

Im gonna be playing as greece and I'm gonna go with authority at the start most likely. What should be my preferred tech route? Should I get my luxury techs and barracks up before producing hoplites? Or should I only go for my luxury techs then immediately hoplites and then barracks? Or do I literally rush hoplites the first thing I do ( sounds stupid maybe). Most of the time I get barracks for the early science so maybe I should go for hoplites before? Or just treat hoplites like horsemen, I'm gonna want catapults anyways asap?

Im gonna be playing as greece and I'm gonna go with authority at the start most likely. What should be my preferred tech route? Should I get my luxury techs and barracks up before producing hoplites? Or should I only go for my luxury techs then immediately hoplites and then barracks? Or do I literally rush hoplites the first thing I do ( sounds stupid maybe). Most of the time I get barracks for the early science so maybe I should go for hoplites before? Or just treat hoplites like horsemen, I'm gonna want catapults anyways asap?
I usually make bronze working my second tech for Greece or Persia, especially if I have mines.

One option is to take Bronze Working immediately and build the statue of zeus, which will give you a barracks without requiring you to research military theory. This can free up a lot of science. Of course it depends on your starting position. Hoplites can take cities without catapults, especially if they boosted by statue of zeus or drill promotions.

It would be very helpfull if somebody with code insight could give insight on the whole overflow system. I am constantly wondering if I loose any hammers from Events, counil of elders, cs quests and if it makes a difference what I am currently building.
I have 100 production per turn. I build an 80 hammer worker. Next turn, I will 20 hammers that "overflowed" and will go into whatever I build this turn.

However, overflow is capped, you cannot overflow more than the production cost of an item. So if you build an 80 hammer worker, you can overflow up to 80 hammers). Anything more than that is lost.

Lets say I got a big boost of production from something, like a CS quest. So now, in addition to my 100 hammers per turn, I have another 100 to use this turn. I would lose 120 hammers.

I usually make bronze working my second tech for Greece or Persia, especially if I have mines.

One option is to take Bronze Working immediately and build the statue of zeus, which will give you a barracks without requiring you to research military theory. This can free up a lot of science. Of course it depends on your starting position. Hoplites can take cities without catapults, especially if they boosted by statue of zeus or drill promotion.
What about if I'm playing as the celts, do I go mining first and start pumping out the UU( if I'm going authority that is)

@CrazyG

I kbow this is how overflow generally works, but I have had situations where I belive there was more than 1 Turn of Production stored. I think that was when something had 1 turn left and then I got bonus hammers in between turns and those were subtracted from the new building

Lots of micromanagement and details to pay attention to.

Last edited:
@CrazyG

I kbow this is how overflow generally works, but I have had situations where I belive there was more than 1 Turn of Production stored. I think that was wgmhen something had 1 turn left and then I got bonus hammers in between turns and those were subtracted from the new building

I know what you are talking about, but I don't understand it either. Sometimes hammers apply directly to whatever is in the queue (I know council of elders does this), which can stop your from being able to invest. If your religion spread or a quest completes mid turn some weird stuff can happen

@CrazyG

I kbow this is how overflow generally works, but I have had situations where I belive there was more than 1 Turn of Production stored. I think that was wgmhen something had 1 turn left and then I got bonus hammers in between turns and those were subtracted from the new building

CrazyG said that the production cap is the cost of the produced thing. So, if you're at 70/80 for a worker with 10 production per turn, and then get a boost of 50 production, your overflow next turn will be 50 which is more than one turn of production, but less than the 80 production a worker costs. That's at least how I understood him, I didn't know the exact mechanic.

An other question regarding production storing: When I start producing something (e.g. a worker) and then switch to something else (leaving the worker in the queue, if that makes a difference. does it?). I think at some point I will lose parts of the production already used for the worker. Are there numbers when that occurs, and how fast it does decay?

Did you follow "http://civ-5-cbp.wikia.com/wiki/Creating_a_Modpack" ?
If you can't PLAY with MPMPWA, it is normal, but the modpack created should be ok.
I think i FIgured it out.. made my pack. But (convenient start) ONLY works when i select and load it from the mods menu, and only when I have the Modpack in the DLC folder..
But (Convenient Start) doesnt work and says 100% compatible anywhere else. Thats the mod thats most important.
Also please tell me there is a way to disable auto saves during multiplayer games?

I think i FIgured it out.. made my pack. But (convenient start) ONLY works when i select and load it from the mods menu, and only when I have the Modpack in the DLC folder..
But (Convenient Start) doesnt work and says 100% compatible anywhere else. Thats the mod thats most important.
Also please tell me there is a way to disable auto saves during multiplayer games?
I think in the "option menu" you can chose to disable auto-save for SP and/or MP.

Question for our modder friends: does the AI "know" about synergistic strategies?

For example, Persia trying to maximize Golden Age points to synergize with their UA, or Poland picking the founder belief that grants yields for each social policy adopted.
Does it enter their calculations?

Question for our modder friends: does the AI "know" about synergistic strategies?

For example, Persia trying to maximize Golden Age points to synergize with their UA, or Poland picking the founder belief that grants yields for each social policy adopted.
Does it enter their calculations?

Yes.

G

When playing rome, do you ever go progress/authority? Or authority/progress? I mean I can understand going progress at the start instead of authority if you have a huge land to settle and no neighbours, but this will mean that you miss out on capitalizing on your UU most likely. But do you ever go authority/progress as Rome? And what about if you capture a holy city?

Top Bottom