1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Amask

Amask Oogala Boogala

My turn, I bulb satellites. I know I'm the first to discover it because scholars in residence is in effect and the tech cost is not discounted. End turn.
    America is the first to finish Apollo program.

How the hell is that possible?
    Ok, maybe he also bulbed satellites. But you can't hurry projects. He does not have any instant production granting perks like council of elders or anything. And there's only one tile he could've bought that turn in his entire empire for a tiny production boost.

2. Noob Fanboy

Noob Fanboy Warlord

Do you have a save file?, ask for someone to check america turn or check it yourself

3. Amask

Amask Oogala Boogala

Do historical event boosts for AIs give production? And if yes, is it applied instantly like popping engineers? Maybe he bulbed satellites, then started building Apollo, then purchased a great person with faith?
    Seems like a lot of AI operations have to occur in exactly the right order for this to happen. I feel robbed :(

The save is for 12-13 with my own mp pack, maybe I'll upload it if I don't get an answer. I already looked at his civ with IGE (in-game editor mod), somehow he actually already had satellites after I bulbed (on my turn still), which alone doesn't make any sense. I'm sure the cost when I bulbed was the full cost. But in any case he wasn't yet constructing Apollo anywhere.

4. Noob Fanboy

Noob Fanboy Warlord

What about bulbing satellites in the same turn? (both of you), check for the great scientist price, maybe he got some great scientist in those turns

5. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

Do you have the turn before, to make sure that he didn't have Satellite before ?

6. Amask

Amask Oogala Boogala

Hmmm, weird stuff going on.

t320 - America is one turn away from finishing satellites. Cost of satellites for me is ~18k.
    t321 - America has finished satellited. Cost of satellites for me is still ~18k. I bulb satellites. America has NOT started building Apollo anywhere.
    t322 - America has finished Apollo.

So then it must be a historical event granting instant production, and specifically some event he triggered mid-turn after having added Apollo to build queue? And also scholars in residence is applied one turn too late for some reason?

Edit - after having researched satellites, cost drops to ~14k, which is correct. Just proving that some other civ didn't already have satellites. Overflow into next tech was also as expected, not ~4k more than expected, which seems to indicate it's not just a UI glitch.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  7. IcyAngel

IcyAngel Prince

You can pay someone to liberate their vassal(s) - if they want to; also, there is a World Congress resolution to end all master-vassal relations.

Both are impossible with Iron Fist.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  8. Amask

Amask Oogala Boogala

I see. But it's not like the 1st one can be forced on me, right? So really it's just protecting me from the resolution.

9. Gidoza

Gidoza Emperor

Query - Does the military cap bonus of a Citadel apply if the Citadel is anywhere in your influence, or only within 3 tiles of one of your cities?

10. IcyAngel

IcyAngel Prince

When a neighbour builds the Great Wall, buy as many tiles as possible towards his cities before he grabs them; as GrazyG, a citadel greatly helps too.

Alternatively, try a naval conquest if possible, as naval units aren't affected by Great Wall.

Right, that mostly affects AIs.

11. Amask

Amask Oogala Boogala

Distance doesn't matter, can even be in neutral lands adjacent to your territory, can confirm from experience. Pretty sure just the act of plopping it down adds a permanent bonus.

Emufarmers likes this.
  12. Emufarmers

Emufarmers Chieftain

They can stop attacking when they're injured. You need a bunch of units for it, but you need a bunch to surround the city anyway.

My impression is that the cap bonus comes from popping the generals, not from the citadels themselves.

13. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Emperor

If you create a citadel, it adds tiles around it for your closest city. Now its bound to your closest city, no matter how far away. If you lose this city, the citadel and the +2 military cap is lost. If I remember correct.
    Using admirals for luxuries give +2 cap permanent.

14. Grabbl

Grabbl Prince

Is it normal that my land traderoutes have a much larger duration than sea trade routes? Land around Modern/Atomic Era was 130+ turns on epic, while sea stayed at around 30-35. Seems weird to me.

15. Infixo

Infixo Deity

16. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Chieftain

Agreed thanks for the reply.
    Also Anyone have any Idea how one would go about replacing the starting settler with a better one, that had a bonus promotion letting it move 4 spaces unhindered with a sight bonus, and then lose bonus promotion after 1 turn? Its the last part of my pack and im really interested in how to get it to work

17. Noob Fanboy

Noob Fanboy Warlord

Hello, i have a question, does the order count as military building for the Japan UU and Defender of the Faith?

18. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

That's called better settler mod
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1233487201

19. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Chieftain

Oh wow, lmao! I can’t believe this. Your help is greatly appreciated. Now to see if it works with all my other mods including vox.. getting near 150mb in the pack so I’m trying to keep it low. cheers

20. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

Don't combine Texture pack + RED + Flag Promotions. Try to use a bunch of small mods rather than a combination of large resource mods all together.

Convenient Start (v 2)
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=426714418

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    vyyt likes this.