Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Do you guys know where I can find these instructions? Maybe that could solve my EUI problem :D
Actually, removing EUI is not trivial. You need to go to your Steam folder (not your user folder, where MODS are usually installed). In the Civ V folder where the binaries are, you can find EUI files. Remove these and then clear cache.

Actually, removing EUI is not trivial. You need to go to your Steam folder (not your user folder, where MODS are usually installed). In the Civ V folder where the binaries are, you can find EUI files. Remove these and then clear cache.
Decided to reinstalled Vox Populi (from the same installer) and for some reason it worked. No clue why :D
But anyway, thanks for support! :)

does anyone ever feel the policy requirement for world wonders and the population requirement for national wonders? I genuinely never feel them, it wouldn't make a difference for me if they weren't there (no matter if playing tall, wide, warmonger, peaceful...).

I would propose a change to these, but wanted to know first if I'm the only one feeling like this.

does anyone ever feel the policy requirement for world wonders and the population requirement for national wonders? I genuinely never feel them, it wouldn't make a difference for me if they weren't there (no matter if playing tall, wide, warmonger, peaceful...).

I would propose a change to these, but wanted to know first if I'm the only one feeling like this.

I used to think the same thing but recently tried some games less focused on culture and really noticed it.

When do you build your first military unit? I keep getting into situations like these before turn 25:

수정됨_Civ5Screen0028.jpg
수정됨_Civ5Screen0029.jpg
수정됨_Civ5Screen0033.jpg
수정됨_Civ5Screen0034.jpg
수정됨_Civ5Screen0036.jpg

If you're doing it right, you'll never notice them. That's kinda the point, though.

G

If you're doing it right, you'll never notice them. That's kinda the point, though.

G
I agree it's fine how it is. You do barely notice, but there's been a few times I've rushed a wonder and had the policy restriction throw a wrench into my plans. It's a harmless mechanic that enhances the game and can catch a player off guard with how rarely it occurs.

I need clarification on something @Gazebo ...

Does the human player have to scroll over/interact with each owned city every turn in order to "collect" or adjust certain yields, specifically (un)happiness and gold? I've always noticed I'll start a turn with x amount of (un)happiness and gold in the top of the UI (using EUI btw), but after hovering the mouse over certain owned cities those numbers I started the turn with sometimes change (for better or worse). It doesn't usually occur until mid/late game due to more fluctuation in variables affecting cities I assume (plus you will actually have numerous cities at that point).

It's not really a big deal, except there's some games where I've got 10/15+ cities and it just adds to the micro-manage to have to go through every one (including inconsequential puppets taking 10+ turns to build something that I'm not concerned about managing at the moment) at the start of the turn so I can see what (un)happiness or gold I'm truly sitting on. Some turns I'll be in the red and finish attacking with my "- Empire Unhappy" modifier, only to realize I never "checked" a few cities. After interacting with them at the turns conclusion, I'll have jumped up into positive happiness and get a gold increase, only to frustrate me into reloading the turn sometimes due to that small difference being a factor in a round of attacking. At this point I just try to remember and make it a habit to go through every owned city at the beginning of turns, but as mentioned, it's just unwanted micro-manage. When warmongering with lots of cities it's a burden.

If this mechanic is indeed intended, which I'm almost positive it is, I think it should be pointed out to the players (unless it is somewhere and I'm just uninformed) because the possible missed yields or happiness is definitely something that can change the outcome of certain turns and ultimately the game.

I need clarification on something @Gazebo ...

Does the human player have to scroll over/interact with each owned city every turn in order to "collect" or adjust certain yields, specifically (un)happiness and gold? I've always noticed I'll start a turn with x amount of (un)happiness and gold in the top of the UI (using EUI btw), but after hovering the mouse over certain owned cities those numbers I started the turn with sometimes change (for better or worse). It doesn't usually occur until mid/late game due to more fluctuation in variables affecting cities I assume (plus you will actually have numerous cities at that point).

It's not really a big deal, except there's some games where I've got 10/15+ cities and it just adds to the micro-manage to have to go through every one (including inconsequential puppets taking 10+ turns to build something that I'm not concerned about managing at the moment) at the start of the turn so I can see what (un)happiness or gold I'm truly sitting on. Some turns I'll be in the red and finish attacking with my "- Empire Unhappy" modifier, only to realize I never "checked" a few cities. After interacting with them at the turns conclusion, I'll have jumped up into positive happiness and get a gold increase, only to frustrate me into reloading the turn sometimes due to that small difference being a factor in a round of attacking. At this point I just try to remember and make it a habit to go through every owned city at the beginning of turns, but as mentioned, it's just unwanted micro-manage. When warmongering with lots of cities it's a burden.

If this mechanic is indeed intended, which I'm almost positive it is, I think it should be pointed out to the players (unless it is somewhere and I'm just uninformed) because the possible missed yields or happiness is definitely something that can change the outcome of certain turns and ultimately the game.

It isn't intended, and - furthermore - it's just a quirk of EUI. The UI isn't refreshing like it should, so the 'real' values are the ones you get after you mouse over (and would be the values applied whether or not you did).

G

It isn't intended, and - furthermore - it's just a quirk of EUI. The UI isn't refreshing like it should, so the 'real' values are the ones you get after you mouse over (and would be the values applied whether or not you did).

G
OK thank you. I had been meaning to ask about that forever, but never got around to it. Knowing this definitely saves me time.

BTW do you personally use EUI?

When do you build your first military unit? I keep getting into situations like these before turn 25:
Your pathfinder is your first military unit. I build my second unit depending on how close my neighbours are, and how much land is aroud. If I am pretty isolated and the coast is far away, then I'll have some barbs knocking at my doors, soon. Difficulty plays a role, since barbs cannot enter your territory after X turns. Normally, I can walk with ease until turn 20, then I have to decide if my pathfinder needs to come back to protect the homeland, or if I can build/purchase a warrior to take care of that. Exploring is important, but not losing 4 turns of production in barb raids is more important.

You have a lot of unused golds in all those screenshots, I'd rushbuy a fighter (even before having to face such invasions) because it offers good returns for your early money. It might feel a bit wasted because, well, it's a puny fighter, but it can pay itself up scouting in a different direction than your pathfinder for few turns and later clearing a camp or two. Your shrine->monument->worker queue leave yourself too exposed to rng. Also in case of Russia, monument before shrine for quicker science.

Your pathfinder is your first military unit. I build my second unit depending on how close my neighbours are, and how much land is aroud. If I am pretty isolated and the coast is far away, then I'll have some barbs knocking at my doors, soon. Difficulty plays a role, since barbs cannot enter your territory after X turns. Normally, I can walk with ease until turn 20, then I have to decide if my pathfinder needs to come back to protect the homeland, or if I can build/purchase a warrior to take care of that. Exploring is important, but not losing 4 turns of production in barb raids is more important.

You have a lot of unused golds in all those screenshots, I'd rushbuy a fighter (even before having to face such invasions) because it offers good returns for your early money. It might feel a bit wasted because, well, it's a puny fighter, but it can pay itself up scouting in a different direction than your pathfinder for few turns and later clearing a camp or two. Your shrine->monument->worker queue leave yourself too exposed to rng. Also in case of Russia, monument before shrine for quicker science.

Purchasing unit tends to be my most underused function, even more so in early game because I hoard golds to accelerate monuments and shrines in new cities. I'll try to play more conservatively and spend golds to buy units if I feel insecure. Or maybe I could just build a warrior and buy a worker instead, if the situation permits...

Or maybe I could just build a warrior and buy a worker instead, if the situation permits...
compare the buying costs against their hammer costs, if you want to minmax. you might get more hammers from buying a worker and building a warrior, or vice versa. (i keep mixing it up :p). same goes for rushing buildings, but here you must consider you're only getting half of the total hammers.

No more ability to spread religion to AI Capital that has own [adapted] religion?
not sure if i understood the question correctly.

- unless a city has an inquisitor next to it or is spanish, it's possible to spread your religion into it. it doesn't matter if it's a holy city or capital.
- AIs that have an own religion are very likely to reverse any foreign conversions of their cities.
- Holy cities (not necessarily capitals) have innate pressure which help them convert themselves back to their religion.

Could somebody help what is the math behind Turism modifier Boredom. I am about to loose a game, in which my main competitor has 165% Turism modifier Boredom over me.

Facts, which I think important: He has ~ 90 happines, I have ~ 40 happies. I also have 44 unhapiness due to boredom.
Is it enough to have such high Turism modifier Boredom?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Could somebody help what is the math behind Turism modifier Boredom. I am about to loose a game, in which my main competitor has 165% Turism modifier Boredom over me.

Facts, which I think important: He has ~ 90 happines, I have ~ 40 happies. I also have 44 unhapiness due to boredom.
Is it enough to have such high Turism modifier Boredom?

Thank you.

It probably is enough. As far as I observed it, only the player with less boredom unhappiness of two players gets this modifier on the other one, with a straight percentage per point of boredom unhappiness. The multiplier seems to depend on global game variables (difficulty, map size...), it is the same for all players (again, as fas as I know). In my current game it's 3%, in yours it's 3.75%.

Top Bottom