Quick Questions / Quick Answers

How do you embed pictures within a spoiler tag like you do for the photojournals. I haven't done that yet and am not sure how.
-Click "Upload a File" and upload your picture
-Insert a spoiler. The insert button is on the top toolbar.
-Put your attachment in between the spoiler

Can God of the open sky ever be good? I mean 1 culture on two "two-food-grassland" for example, sucks pretty much. Is it the gold from pastures that one would want?
It doesn't have to be empty grassland IIRC, Resources can exist on it (Horses, Cattle, Stone, Incense, Tea, etc.)

Did cities get a buff to bombardment? Enemy city with 41 defence and God of War pantheon bombards my knight for 34 damage. I recently updated version to 11-9 and previously I remember cities bombard for 10-15 damage.

Edit: Ranged damage of units are also looks high. Melee units get slaughtered easily.

Last edited:
They are hard coded to not enter your territory for a certain numner of turns based on game speed. They can certainly still capture workers as of last patch.
My last game, they were not capturing workers. They were only attacking and doing damage to them.

This is the first time i have ever noticed this.

In my current game, Askia asked me to go to war against Rome with him and I agreed. We attacked vigorously, but I do not think Askia even sent one unit against Rome. We took a city and were one turn from taking another when Askia made peace with Rome and got the city we were about to conquer as booty in their peace deal! Isn't that bogus? They could not have had a Warscore much higher than 0 and the turn previous Caesar had offered us peace and would not give us any cities, even though we had already conquered one and had a high Warscore. But anyway, my question is: can I declare war on Askia immediately and take that city for myself without being labeled a Backstabber? Being labeled a Warmonger, I am used to, but I do not want to be a Backstabber. In my eyes, Askia is the Backstabber here, anyway, by stealing a city I was about to conquer....

In my current game, Askia asked me to go to war against Rome with him and I agreed. We attacked vigorously, but I do not think Askia even sent one unit against Rome. We took a city and were one turn from taking another when Askia made peace with Rome and got the city we were about to conquer as booty in their peace deal! Isn't that bogus? They could not have had a Warscore much higher than 0 and the turn previous Caesar had offered us peace and would not give us any cities, even though we had already conquered one and had a high Warscore. But anyway, my question is: can I declare war on Askia immediately and take that city for myself without being labeled a Backstabber? Being labeled a Warmonger, I am used to, but I do not want to be a Backstabber. In my eyes, Askia is the Backstabber here, anyway, by stealing a city I was about to conquer....

I don't think you have made an explicit, public promise to him if you have not made a DoF or open borders agreement with him. Should be fine.

I don't think you have made an explicit, public promise to him if you have not made a DoF or open borders agreement with him. Should be fine.

Could someone explain to me what exact actions count as "backstabbing". From the post above I may guess it's declaring war during DoF or Open Borders. Is it so? Is there anything else?

Could someone explain to me what exact actions count as "backstabbing". From the post above I may guess it's declaring war during DoF or Open Borders. Is it so? Is there anything else?

Those certainly count. Another big one is declaring war not long after saying your troops are just passing through, which gets you a big negative modifier with everyone. As far as I can tell, promises for spying and purchasing land only affects the particular civ you made the promise to.

Last edited:
Sorry for the repeated question, but I've yet to get an answer for this. What actions do thieves do differently that a spy wouldn't do in a non capital city? My understanding is that they can only steal great works? But spies may steal science or sabotage production/create rebels?

Has anyone figured out a workaround for the old glitch when all or some tile yields disappear (may be exclusive to EUI, not sure though)?

20181118164451_1.jpg

Is it normal that I don't get any iron or horses near my starting location? I have downloaded the parch today and already restarting my second game because both resources are very important but out of reach for me (the AI has plenty of them in their territory though). Is there any settiing that changes that?

Is it normal that I don't get any iron or horses near my starting location? I have downloaded the parch today and already restarting my second game because both resources are very important but out of reach for me (the AI has plenty of them in their territory though). Is there any settiing that changes that?

Choose Strategic Balance under resources. It's under Advanced Options when you are setting up the game.

Choose Strategic Balance under resources. It's under Advanced Options when you are setting up the game.

Might as well, if you are restarting because you lack those resources, but it is just plain cheating. You can get by without either just fine for a while and getting the resources gives you a reason to conquer. Plus, I always end up with plenty of Iron in the end from City State Allies.

Might as well, if you are restarting because you lack those resources, but it is just plain cheating. You can get by without either just fine for a while and getting the resources gives you a reason to conquer. Plus, I always end up with plenty of Iron in the end from City State Allies.

That's really harsh. What constitutes cheating depends on what you are looking for, and Homie clearly does not want to deal with not having Iron or Horses. Would you call playing on anything but diety cheating? Strategic Balance is also the default expectation coming from multiplayer.

Neither iron or horses are supposed to be near your starting location. If you survive early game without them you'll be rewarded later with mid- lategame strategic resources (coal, oil etc).

Lacking both iron and horse is quite rare imho. You either have been extremely unlucky or didn't bother to expand properly.

All the above applies to Standard setting of resources.

ok, now i have a start where everything seems to be available, more or less. At least it is reachable. What I still don't understand is how unhappiness works. I have 2 unhappiness from poverty, how do i fight that? Earning more money? Ingame help doesn't explain that.

ok, now i have a start where everything seems to be available, more or less. At least it is reachable. What I still don't understand is how unhappiness works. I have 2 unhappiness from poverty, how do i fight that? Earning more money? Ingame help doesn't explain that.

More gold per citizen and anything that says it reduces poverty or all needs would help.

For a more complete explanation, look up Tu's happiness guide here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/guide-handling-happiness-reprise.633131/

Top Bottom