1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

I don't know. Most duration scale with game speed, so those should too, unless they are hardcoded.

vyyt and amateurgamer88 like this.
  2. Questdog

Questdog Chieftain

I do not know if it depends on game speed, as well, but at Marathon Speed, Barbarians will be looting your Capital for quite a while unless you forego building a Monument and Shrine.

3. amateurgamer88

amateurgamer88 Chieftain

I play mostly on Marathon Speed and my pathfinder is often used to defend my capital. Foregoing a monument or a shrine initially means I fall behind pretty badly. I feel like when they enter border doesn't take into account of the speed and that can make the start very rough.

4. neo_arcadia

neo_arcadia Chieftain

Dunno. It is super cool tho when your luxuries are guarded by Battleships just for the luls.

5. PortugeseChicken

PortugeseChicken Chieftain

What actions do thieves do differently that a spy wouldn't do in a non capital city? My understanding is that they can only steal great works? But spies may steal science or sabotage production/create rebels?

6. charliebucket

charliebucket Chieftain

In the new update, what does this change to Venice mean exactly?

"Venice - now has no route restrictions for TRs (export/import limitations)"

7. SpankmyMetroid

SpankmyMetroid Chieftain

What should my 3rd policy tree be in my Austria game? I have reasons why all 3 would be worthwhile. Right now I'm gunning for a tall 6 city diplomatic victory, Tradition -> Statecraft. Married with 6 city states so far and working on the 7th, allied with 5, leader in votes and voted leader of WC by my friends. I caught up in tech thanks to spies and scholars in residence and have been successfully grabbing key wonders, like slater mill and Westminster, so I'm not worried anymore about being far behind the tech/culture leaders.

I have one neighbor on land, Gandhi, who should get aggressive because his UU is online this era. We were friendly in the past but now he's guarded. No wars between us, ever mainly because he built great wall so trying to invade him would be too much of a pain, but.I'm scheduled to have a joint war against him in 10 turns with Egypt, his only other neighbor. It was actually a tough choice, since I've been nonaggressive all game and I'll drag a distant friend into the war because of a defensive pact, but I didn't want to lose favor with Egypt by declining and I feel like I would have a much better chance at accomplishing something if India is flanked from all sides... plus my Hussars and medley of cool UU's given by military CS's have been sitting around doing literally nothing all game.

So imperialism might be on the table if I want to start getting a little aggressive, especially since my supply cap kind of sucks (it's 19 but I haven't prioritized defensive buildings in the satellite cities). Industry could be useful to get more gold and production for diplomatic units, but I've never run it Tall before so I don't know how effective it could be. I prioritized farm triangles + cathedrals for growth and money so most of my forests are gone by this point, so bonuses from lumbermills wouldn't be too significant, but I have plenty of mines. Rationalism is obvious because tall. Any suggestions? .

8. YukiN

YukiN Chieftain

I suggest asking this in the Strategy subforum. This question was not quick and a good answer would similarly not be quick. As you have done here, there is something of a case fo be made for all three trees here.

Very roughly however:

Imperialism and Rationalism are the stronger contenders here. If you are likely to make significant gains against India and forsee a future of war, Imperialism is the answer. If you see a short bout before returning to peaceful tall play, go Rationalism.

Imperialism offers more if you have lots of coastal cities. Colonialism policy has situationally very strong synergy with Statecraft's Exchange Markets.

vyyt and SpankmyMetroid like this.
  9. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

I think it means that Venice is allowed to send multiple trade route to the same city.

CrazyG and charliebucket like this.
  10. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

Usually one civ can only send one trade route to the same city. For Venice, this means that she can only receive one incoming trade route per player, or may receive trade routes in her puppet cities, which is not ideal. It also means that her first two traders (Venice ability) may not have enough nearby cities to be sent. Other civs can settle more cities and use internal trade routes. Not Venice.
    Now Venice can receive multiple trade routes in her capital and send multiple trade routes towards the same allied city state or the tech leader, which is a big advantage.

charliebucket and YukiN like this.
  11. Rekk

Rekk Chieftain

Do trade routes originating in a puppet city produce fewer yields than trade routes originating in a normal city?

12. Questdog

Questdog Chieftain

Does stealing Military Plans with a spy, only sabotage the production of the opponent or does it also get added to your production?

13. John.B.C

John.B.C Chieftain

Can God of the open sky ever be good? I mean 1 culture on two "two-food-grassland" for example, sucks pretty much. Is it the gold from pastures that one would want?

14. YukiN

YukiN Chieftain

It's mostly about the pastures. Pastures are improvements you can build with just one tech and tends to be quite numerous in certain biomes. That said, every bit of early culture counts for those early policies, and empty tiles with farms are still pretty good.

15. crdvis16

crdvis16 Chieftain

Also a nice pantheon choice for the huns whose UI go on those grassland/plains tiles.

16. nekokon

nekokon Chieftain

Quick question, anyone here having trouble with promotion tree mod v15 ?
    I'm using it with vox populi eui latest patch, but it only shows the promotion tree of 1 unit, and I can't click its name to change to other unit type like instructed.

Attached Files:

17. Questdog

Questdog Chieftain

There is a v17. I use it. There is a button at the top left to "Switch Mode". If you click on that, you can pick a unit from a drop down list.

nekokon and vyyt like this.
  18. nekokon

nekokon Chieftain

Thank you kind sire :thumbsup:

19. pza

pza Chieftain

byzantium can pick whatever pantheon or belief they want, no matter if its already taken.

saamohod likes this.
  20. saamohod

saamohod Chieftain

Someone please explain me how this city got its Stone Works?
    I captured this city from Songhai and it had Stone Works built. According to description it requires Stone or Salt or Marble or Jade improved in order to be built. Maybe I'm blind because I can't see any of these resources nearby the city. There are no resources underneath the city either.

20181117195906_1.jpg