1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. saamohod

saamohod Prince

Neither iron or horses are supposed to be near your starting location. If you survive early game without them you'll be rewarded later with mid- lategame strategic resources (coal, oil etc).

Lacking both iron and horse is quite rare imho. You either have been extremely unlucky or didn't bother to expand properly.

All the above applies to Standard setting of resources.

2. Homie1984

Homie1984 Chieftain

ok, now i have a start where everything seems to be available, more or less. At least it is reachable. What I still don't understand is how unhappiness works. I have 2 unhappiness from poverty, how do i fight that? Earning more money? Ingame help doesn't explain that.

3. YukiN

YukiN Prince

More gold per citizen and anything that says it reduces poverty or all needs would help.

For a more complete explanation, look up Tu's happiness guide here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/guide-handling-happiness-reprise.633131/

4. Homie1984

Homie1984 Chieftain

5. vyyt

vyyt Emperor

A little addition:

1) Vox Populi does not mess with resources. The standard distribution or the one from your chosen map script is being used. No change here from vanilla

2) If it is not clear, you cannot get rid of the unhappiness completely. You will always have some unhappy people.

6. Questdog

Questdog Prince

Playing on Deity is letting the Computer Cheat......

7. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Emperor

Turn tile yields off then on again.

8. ColonelCarter

ColonelCarter Chieftain

Hotkey for toggling yields is "Y".

Sometimes a section of the map still won't display, but it works the majority of the time and hitting "Y" twice doesn't take any time, compared to reloading.

9. azum4roll

azum4roll Prince

Doesn't work late game, when around half of the yield icons go missing. Reloading won't fix it either; there are always some missing.

10. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

This is due to memory limitations in Civ 5. Unfortunately there is really nothing to be done, you can play on strategic mode (which uses less memory) but otherwise it will happen no matter how much RAM your computer has.

11. saamohod

saamohod Prince

In my case only reloading helped.

12. Vastator

Vastator Chieftain

Great merchant trade mission gives 20 turns of WLTKD standard, but it seems it gives 20 turns more for every Town previously built: bug or working as intended?

13. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Emperor

Bug, but I'm pretty sure you might be playing on a pretty old version and that the newer beta versions don't have this bug.

Vastator likes this.
  14. Kim Dong Un

Kim Dong Un The One & Unly Supporter

Where would I view received yields from the reformation belief Global Commandments?

15. YukiN

YukiN Prince

They are under your cap's city yields, attributed to religion for being host, and instant yields when you pass which pop up on the right for EUI when you pass a proposal.

16. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Current bonus is one extra WLTKD turn per town.

Vastator likes this.
  17. Vastator

Vastator Chieftain

I was playing with the 11/9 version, and i had a game with a WLTKD of 120 turns through trade mission on atomic era. Maybe i did some mistake while trying to fix the gunpower units/defense bug or i had some other crap, i have reinstalled everything to be sure.

18. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

I know what bug this is. I fix in next upcoming version. It was supposed to be +10% * the original number of WLTKD. not +100%, so you had 20+(20*x) instead of 20+(2*x)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    chicorbeef, Vastator, tu_79 and 2 others like this.
  19. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Emperor

When war breaks out between city-states, is it a real war where they send units against each other or is it just a "war" for the sake of the Quest and nothing actually happens?

20. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

If they're really close. They'll send units. Otherwise, they won't send units away if it makes them easier to bully..

"They'll send a few naval ships however"