1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. andersw

andersw King

There was not much left to convert and I did convert some of the few AI cities that were left.
    Culture buildings was a decent faith sink.
    Zelotry is somewhat useful but I think that would be better on large/huge maps (currently playing on standard).
    I was just a bit in awe of how much faith order generated.

2. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

You might be rushing techs too much. Don't. Build your food/production/culture stuff first and you'll have the population requirement when the building becomes available.

3. amateurgamer88

amateurgamer88 King

Maybe let me specify the situation I'm looking at. If I'm playing Assyria and want to get the Royal Library, how should I approach this? I can't seem to nail the timing down.

4. Bhawb

Bhawb Prince

Assyria you'll found a handful of cities and then grab Siege Towers since the AI was nice enough to also found some cities for you, they just have the wrong color for some reason. Once you paint those borders back to their true, Assyrian colors you should have enough population.

acidcircus, vyyt and tu_79 like this.
  5. zombie1305

zombie1305 Chieftain

It appears I did a bad install of Community Patch . I have re downloaded the game and properly installed Community Patch, AI has improved a fair bit, at least they are attacking me during war now, enemy archers move and shoot same turn, but I feel somewhat they are still weak. The opponent Civ has far superior armies but only attack me piece by piece. I am playing Emperor difficulty, do I need to up to at least Immortal to have some more WAR actions?

6. Gidoza

Gidoza King

Hey,

So I feel like I just had a bout of insanity.

Downloaded the March 28 version and installed full Vox Populi (no other add-ons). Except when I pick "small" map, the game says that it is a "medium" map which offers 8 civs and 16 city-states, while "standard" says that it offers 10 civs and 20 city-states. I never remember these numbers from ever before. Anyways, when I pick standard and go to Advanced Options, it automatically loads 10 civs and only 16 city-states. What the heck is going on? :o

Also, in-game, the symbol for science and for the unit options is really huge, like huger than ever before. Does setting a different resolution cause this?

7. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

It depends on the map script chosen. If you change your map script between games, these things may happen.

8. Gidoza

Gidoza King

Thank you! This response is very helpful. :)

tu_79 likes this.
  9. acidcircus

acidcircus Chieftain

What affects the travel time of a spy? I used to think it was based on the distance between where it is travelling from and to but this doesn't seem to be the case.

10. psparky

psparky Prince

If you reject a request for DOF, does anyone know how long (at standard speed) before they (or you) can try again?

Thanks in advance...

11. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

same time when you get rejected: 50 turns.

psparky likes this.
  12. XxPun12h3rxX

XxPun12h3rxX Chieftain

So I've got an issue, and I thought about posting it to the Github but I dont know if its VP related. After I downloaded the latest patch and latest patches of all the mod-mods i use, ive come across a bug where i cant select my units properly. Like i can move them using right click, but i cant perform advanced actions (like settling, building, fortifying etc). Ive done about eveything, and found that when i verify the game files, steam says theres three files that failed to validate and will need to be re-acquired. If i let them download and re-download it says everything is fine, but when i boot up the game the problem persists and when i go to validate again, the files are again missing. I wouldnt post here cause i feel that this is a steam issue but i dont know where else to post and i think this may be related to my mods. Also you guys have been pretty helpful in the past.

13. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Try unsubscribing any mod in steam first. Then reinstall VP from the executable. If everything goes well, subscribe again your mods, one by one, until you find which one is causing the trouble.

vyyt likes this.
  14. vyyt

vyyt Emperor

A small addition to what @tu_79 said: if you have many mods, you can favorite them before you unsubscribing. Then you will be able to look them up easily on Steam when you want to re-enable them after playing with VP only.

15. tothePAIN

tothePAIN Chieftain

For purposes of extracting tribute from a city state, is there a cap on military power near a city state? If so, is it 300, and why?

For context, I've been playing some immortal and deity authority games. At some points, my overall military power is rated below 25 (on deity, even with a maxed out supply cap once) and l couldn't extract tribute, let alone heavy tribute, from a city at all once it had an ally and a pledge of protection. (Base reluctance of 150 plus 125 for having an at and 50 for pledge of protection.) It was frustrating not being able to move in more troops in order to intimidate the city state - but if it's intentional, good to go.

16. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

if it has an ally and a pledge, bullying is basically impossible.

You'll have to threaten its alliance and pledge status. Declare war on it and ransack their units. Then make peace and bully them. Of course the ally and the pledgers will have to answer to you on that bullying...

vyyt likes this.
  17. tothePAIN

tothePAIN Chieftain

Thanks - that was exactly what I was looking to know.

18. Uprising

Uprising Chieftain

hi all, im looking for some old betas of vp, june14th 6/14 and august 19th 8/19, anyone have this betas?

19. frktest

frktest Chieftain

Does the game difficult level (prince, king and so on) affects the AI units promotions? I do ask because I saw untis with astonishing number of promotions already in early game turns, like dromons and skirmishers, units that I'm pretty sure were brand new. I also noticed seattlers with 3 tiles moves.

20. Bhawb

Bhawb Prince

Civilian units get +1 movement from a Progress policy.

Skirmishers/dromons have a lot of promotions that give things like -33% damage to cities (skirmisher) or can't end the turn in ocean tiles (dromon), so they look like they have a lot of promotions. That'd be my guess. Also Barracks will still give +1 promotion once the unit is built.