1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Checking on one AI bonus, do AIs get to ignore the cooldown on buying military units? I am assuming so, as I saw a single Chinese ship create 2 caravels a turn for 3 turns.

2. amateurgamer88

amateurgamer88 King

I don't think there's a cooldown for buying military units, only diplomatic units. I recall being able to buy a unit every single turn in the same city if I had the gold.

3. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Sigh, hehe your right, looks like my brain had a glitch:)

4. AndreyK

AndreyK Chieftain

Where I can find length (in years) of turns for different speeds?

5. psparky

psparky Prince

Some of my turns take 0.000057 years (at standard speed)

Hosannah likes this.
  6. Uprising

Uprising Chieftain

how to found more religion in game, i mean 10 civs in game and only 6 religion can be founded, how make more

7. AndreyK

AndreyK Chieftain

how much science do you get from research agreements?

8. swapoer

swapoer Chieftain

The tooltip of sovereignty, tradition policy right 1, says it reduce culture cost of acquiring new tiles for all cities. But I found only capital has this benefit. Is it a bug or a ui problem from EUI?

9. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

Number of religion depends on Map size, not number of civs. The value can be changed in the file, but I don't remember where.

10. saamohod

saamohod Prince

What is "adjusted tourism output"?

I thought it was my tourism modified by the "tourism modifier", but something doesn't add up. For example, my current tourism is 160, my tourism modifier with China is 0%, and my adjusted tourism is 234. How is it calculated?

20191029031334_1.jpg

11. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

Includes instant yield tourism averaged over 10 turns.

G

saamohod likes this.
  12. 4CV

4CV Warlord

I play Siam and have a defensive pact with China for 10 turns more. I DOWed Venice some 5 turns earlier, because they stole "my" CS. China was not involved.
    Last turn Venice allied Mombasa and of course they DOWed me. Now I see, China is also at war with Mombasa, but NOT with Venice...
    Spoiler How can that be? :
    DefensivePact.jpg

13. HeathcliffWarriors

HeathcliffWarriors Prince

A Defensive Pact only triggers when someone DoWs you, City-States (Mombasa) included. If you DoW others (Venice) it will not trigger.

Them's the rules.

14. 4CV

4CV Warlord

Yes, I know. :)
    What I meant to say: The CS's automatic DOW triggers my defensive pact. Now poor little Mombasa is at war with China, too, and their big ally is not. If China chose to really fight and conquer Mombasa, Venice could not help their ally. Or they had to DOW China, which they never intended. And in the end, although being original aggressor, I can take advantage of my defensive pact. :D

15. HeathcliffWarriors

Defensive Pacts are meant to be taken advantage of. :)

I think it's fine - there's diplo penalties for China if they conquer Mombasa.

I might intensify their WAR desire when protected CS's are killed to counterbalance scenarios like this. I was already considering doing so.

16. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

That's not really logical. This is here a defensive war for the City-state, the City-State declare war to him similarly to how a Vassal follows its master in a defensive war, or an ally respecting its Defensive pact. And both of them do not trigger defensive pacts (at least, that's what I think).

17. HeathcliffWarriors

Hmm, so the same code controls war declarations for DPs, teammates and vassals - and it doesn't differentiate between civilizations and city-states. Because the City-State is considered the originating player for the war declaration, it triggers DPs. So it'd have to be reconfigured to DoW teammates and masters/vassals but not DPs, unless the CS's ally is also at war with the DP.

I'll open an issue on Github for it; having taken a second look, it does seem like unintended behavior.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  18. amateurgamer88

amateurgamer88 King

@HeathcliffWarriors Is it possible for you to explain how the AI's "They believe we are expanding our empire too aggressively." I've had cases where the AI has 1 less city than me and yet has this which seems ridiculous. Thank you!

19. HeathcliffWarriors

Code:
    CvDiplomacyAI::IsPlayerRecklessExpander

If player is a teammate, we don't care (return false)

If player proximity is FAR or DISTANT, we don't care (return false)

Ignore if player has less than 4 cities (return false)

Loop through all players in the game:
    - Ignore City-States, unmet players, dead players, players with no cities, Barbarians, and the guy we're already looking at.
    - If they're not one of these, then add 1 to # of players and add their number of cities to the total.

Divide by the total number of cities by the number of players or 1, whichever is greater, to get the average # of cities.

If the player has more than 1.5 the average # of cities AND their military strength compared to us is below AVERAGE, return true.
    Otherwise, return false.

So, it's not your # of cities compared to theirs, it's your # of cities compared to the global average (not counting your cities), and they also check military strength - to see if you're able to defend all those cities.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Zuizgond likes this.
  20. Rekk

Rekk King

Bring 1.5 above the average triggers everybody at the same time, assuming your military is below average?