Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Are the bonus yields to ITRs from workshop, factory, etc. InVisible in the trade overview screen, or am I misunderstanding how the ITR bonus yields on buildings work now?

I would expect to see 18:c5food: 2:c5production: for any food ITR from a city with a workshop, but it only says 18:c5food:. Perhaps the bonus :c5production: is only applied to :c5production: production ITRs? Or are the extra ITR yields just invisible?

if :c5food:food bonuses only augment :c5food:TRs, and :c5production: bonuses only augment :c5production: TRs, then agribusiness is even more trash than I thought. No one is using :c5food:TRs in late game.

Last edited:
Are the bonus yields to ITRs from workshop, factory, etc. InVisible in the trade overview screen, or am I misunderstanding how the ITR bonus yields on buildings work now?

I would expect to see 18:c5food: 2:c5production: for any food ITR from a city with a workshop, but it only says 18:c5food:. Perhaps the bonus :c5production: is only applied to :c5production: production ITRs? Or are the extra ITR yields just invisible?

if :c5food:food bonuses only augment :c5food:TRs, and :c5production: bonuses only augment :c5production: TRs, then agribusiness is even more trash than I thought. No one is using :c5food:TRs in late game.

Food to food, production to production.

G

Food to food, production to production.
... that’s terrible.

first, that’s not clearly explained in the help text for those boni. They just say +X:c5production:/:c5food: to :trade:Internal Trade Routes; they don’t specify what type of ITR is needed to get the bonus.

we gave up the instant yields on TR completion for this new consistent system. The instant boosts scaled with era and didn’t discriminate between TR types. This makes ITRs far less competitive and the relevant buildings are exactly half as useful as I thought they were. And I railed against this change when it happened even without knowing that.

lastly, as I said. Agribusiness is worse than useless in that case. It’s openly mocking us with a boost to a clearly suboptimal choice. No one is going to make use of that +4:c5food: to ITRs if they are forced to use :c5food:TRs to benefit from it.

edit: I’m going to necro the relevant general balance thread.

Last edited:
Is it just my imagination, or is the AI a lot friendlier than in past patches? Even my Authority neighbor wanted to DoF me, despite my lack of troops.

Is it just my imagination, or is the AI a lot friendlier than in past patches? Even my Authority neighbor wanted to DoF me, despite my lack of troops.
Are your neighbours dido? Actually are any of your neighbours women? On purpose or by accident, there is only 1 female leader with a backstabbing flavor of 6 or lower. Ladies be fickle and full of dirty tricks.

Firaxis, you seeeexist tho. :lol:

Are your neighbours dido? Actually are any of your neighbours women? On purpose or by accident, there is only 1 female leader with a backstabbing flavor of 6 or lower. Ladies be fickle and full of dirty tricks.

Firaxis, you seeeexist tho. :lol:

My Authority neighbor was Persia, and I played pretty passively, so maybe they felt they didn't need to go to war. I was playing The Netherlands, so it's not like I was against having friendly neighbors, but it was a little strange how easily everyone wanted to be friends.

@Gazebo,

G, sorry this one got lost in the shuffle for me. Does the Caravansary give bonuses for worked desert/tundra.....or is it any desert/tundra that is near the city?

Also, I assume that its 3 desert or 3 tundra...2 tundra +1 desert does not give the bonus. Is that right?

Only worked tiles count, it’s not like observatory’s bonus for each mountain in 3 tiles.

keep in mind, however, that your city tile, if on desert/tundra, counts as a worked tile

I'm still struggling to understand how spy bonuses work. So in this example, I am 6 techs behind the leader (Netherlands), in a 5 star base, with a very large spy bonus (it looks like he doesn't even have a constabulary yet). And yet its 30 turns to the next steal. Yet in other games, I have managed to steal techs 6 or 7 turns at this point in the game, often multiple times in a row. I don't understand what creates that large variance.

upload_2019-10-18_21-27-59.png

@Gazebo,

G, sorry this one got lost in the shuffle for me. Does the Caravansary give bonuses for worked desert/tundra.....or is it any desert/tundra that is near the city?

Also, I assume that its 3 desert or 3 tundra...2 tundra +1 desert does not give the bonus. Is that right?

Worked. Correct.

I'm still struggling to understand how spy bonuses work. So in this example, I am 6 techs behind the leader (Netherlands), in a 5 star base, with a very large spy bonus (it looks like he doesn't even have a constabulary yet). And yet its 30 turns to the next steal. Yet in other games, I have managed to steal techs 6 or 7 turns at this point in the game, often multiple times in a row. I don't understand what creates that large variance.

View attachment 536977

Depends on the cost of the techs as well - if you are far behind in techs, they're cheaper - if you are neck-in-neck, the tech costs are higher, so the tech steal rate is slower as a result.

G

Just checking my understanding of beliefs. The pantheon God of War has two parts:
a) +50% increase in City Ranged Combat Strength, and +10% Production towards Units.
b) Gain Faith from killing military units.

Can you confirm that you will benefit from part a) in any city that follows the pantheon (or a religion that includes the pantheon)?

For part b) when exactly does that apply? Two particular cases I'm thinking about (but please mention any other interesting cases):

1) It's your pantheon, but a majority of your cities follow a different religion (I think no)
2) It's part of a foreign religion and a majority of your cities follow that religion (I think yes)

Thanks

Is there a way to end a defensive pact early other than declaring war?
If I remember correctly, declaring a way no longer end defensive pacts (your ally is not force to declare war with you, but the pact still hold).
Unless you are declaring war to the person you made a pact with, obviously.

1. Puppet-states. How much research and wealth do they contribute the their owner? Civipedia is worded the way it seems it's 100%.
2. Also how much my research cost increases with each new city? Do puppet-states count and increase research cost too?

Checking on one AI bonus, do AIs get to ignore the cooldown on buying military units? I am assuming so, as I saw a single Chinese ship create 2 caravels a turn for 3 turns.

Checking on one AI bonus, do AIs get to ignore the cooldown on buying military units? I am assuming so, as I saw a single Chinese ship create 2 caravels a turn for 3 turns.

I don't think there's a cooldown for buying military units, only diplomatic units. I recall being able to buy a unit every single turn in the same city if I had the gold.

Top Bottom