Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Also, is it normal/how should I deal with "We Love the King Day" ending and cities wanting a "resource I haven't discovered" in the late game? At this point I've uncovered the entire map and expended Great Admirals multiple times, so I should've uncovered everything.

Also, is it normal/how should I deal with "We Love the King Day" ending and cities wanting a "resource I haven't discovered" in the late game? At this point I've uncovered the entire map and expended Great Admirals multiple times, so I should've uncovered everything.
That seems to be a bug...it's already reported.

Have you checked in the monopoly screen that the luxury indeed doesn't exist in the map? Sometimes there are only 3 copies of a luxury all hidden on 1-tile islands in the pacific rift/near the poles.

What determines how much health a captured city has? Sometimes I'll take a city and it only has a sliver left for it to be recaptured easily, sometimes it has half.

Anyone know why my founding great prophet sometimes spawns in a city other than my capital? It's very frustrating, as I can't think of any scenario where it wouldn't be better to have my capital as my holy city. And often someone else founds the last religion in the turns it takes to walk my prophet to my capital.

Anyone know why my founding great prophet sometimes spawns in a city other than my capital? It's very frustrating, as I can't think of any scenario where it wouldn't be better to have my capital as my holy city. And often someone else founds the last religion in the turns it takes to walk my prophet to my capital.
IIRC he's going to spawn in the City that has accumulated the most Faith, so if one of your Cities had a Shrine much earlier or access to a Faith Natural Wonder or some other mechanism then this can happen.

The GP spawns in your city with the most faith production. So for example if your second city is using a natural wonder that generates faith, it can sometimes pop there. One thing you can do is adjust your faith tiles right before the GP is born to try and mitigate that.

I see, thank you. Another somewhat related question: why can't my prophet spread religion here? I'm stumped. Is it a bug?
Spoiler :
20200112194424_1.jpg

I see, thank you. Another somewhat related question: why can't my prophet spread religion here? I'm stumped. Is it a bug?
It's next to an enemy Inquisitor...Inquisitors disable religion spreading for all religious units either on the same tile with them or on adjacent tiles.

Does the AI cheat with exp on units? Seems all of the units of my enemies are like lvl 10 or something (I dont know if u can see what level they are, but they all have ridiculous amounts of promotions) while I find it hard to even get to lvl 5

I really dislike that AI XP bonus, but they can't compete without it since they're so bad at keeping units alive.

What determines how much health a captured city has? Sometimes I'll take a city and it only has a sliver left for it to be recaptured easily, sometimes it has half.
I think it might have to do with war weariness? I’ve taken a bunch of Indian cities over 10 turns recently with 100+ unhappiness from war weariness, some chunked down over 15 turns and some over 3 after teching up, and they all had literally 0 HP when captured.

Can someone tell me which file (and line) I need to edit in order to make the Production List / Queue window wider?

Thank you.

What are valid canal configurations?

water-fort-water?
water-fort-citadel-water?
water-fort-city-fort-water?
water-fort-citadel-fort-water?

What are valid canal configurations?
There are two restrictions that matter:
1. Forts can't be next to Forts and Citadels can't be next to Citadels
2. every tile that is to function as a canal needs either a Fort, Citadel or City on it AND needs to have a water tile adjacent to it (Lakes count)

So unless you have a Lake to help you out you can't make a canal longer than two tiles.

Why can naval ships not pass through allied cities states and friendly cities on key points. Like the Panama Canal if I’m allied with them I can no longer pass through there city. Is there a fix?

Top Bottom