Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Why can naval ships not pass through allied cities states and friendly cities on key points. Like the Panama Canal if I’m allied with them I can no longer pass through there city. Is there a fix?
By "no longer" do you mean you can pass through if you're not allied or friendly? That would surprise me. If so, report on GitHub; otherwise it's likely intentional.

Oh no, I meant it only works when you ally to a CS or CiV but that is no longer working at all. I cannot pass through cities anymore to enter the Black Sea, Panama Canal or Suez. This used to work in past games

Oh no, I meant it only works when you ally to a CS or CiV but that is no longer working at all. I cannot pass through cities anymore to enter the Black Sea, Panama Canal or Suez. This used to work in past games
You can make a report on GitHub and then we'll see if it's intentional or not and if not it will get fixed.

What are valid canal configurations?

water-fort-water? yes.
water-fort-citadel-water? no.
water-fort-city-fort-water? no.
water-fort-citadel-fort-water? no.

If you are very lucky you can build a three Tiles canal and going water-fort-lake-fort/citadel-water. One or two Tiles is the normal bet.

Original wonders (Stonehenge, Artemis, Great Wall etc.) have two types of models which show on map: one unfinished during their construction, and second when it is finished. Does anyone know here they are declared /programmed/stored?

The late game can have significant slow down in turn processing, sometimes taking minutes to complete one turn for the AI. What settings ( as in map size and civ count, CS count, game speed, or other such things) do most people use to minimize the potential slow down?

The late game can have significant slow down in turn processing, sometimes taking minutes to complete one turn for the AI. What settings ( as in map size and civ count, CS count, game speed, or other such things) do most people use to minimize the potential slow down?

If you switch to strategic mode it helps a little. I remove all yield, resource tiles, etc unless I am engaged in a war and need to see those things. That seems to speed things up a little. I always play standard and normal civ count, though on my older machine I would always play the next size smaller which did help quite a bit.

My settings:
cpu: old Intel 39xx i7, Epic speed,Immortal,6-10 AI, standard map(or slightly bigger - depends on map script). Enhanced Naval Warfare + More Great Works (v 3) as additional mods.
Number of religions increased to 6-8, number of tiles between cities decreased to 2.
Till Modern turns are ultra fast, after Modern - fast when there is no war. With war is fine too, but a bit slower. But I understand - there are always so big amounts of troops :)

The july version of vox pop works fine, except the interception of planes, its not reliably. I had 12 modern fighters, and they where not capable of protecting my city of 8, outdated biplanes. Is there a fix for his problem ? I tried the new beta batch but with this i have cts all the time and never got more far then turn 200.

The community patch over steam didnt have the air war problem. ALL was perfect, then gazeebo, i think is the modder of the steam version, changed the happy system over night and bugged it totally. Nearly no unhappiness now, which makes immortal games f. ex. much too easy. Will this steam version happy bug be fixed ? I ask here, because at steam there is no answer for weeks. It really suckz: without mods immortal tech cheat is too extreme for beeing fun game, with july mod air war is bugged and with new betas i have ctds all the time. And CIV VI suckz anyways ... seems i have to learn how to mod civ myself. :(

The july version of vox pop works fine, except the interception of planes, its not reliably. I had 12 modern fighters, and they where not capable of protecting my city of 8, outdated biplanes. Is there a fix for his problem ? I tried the new beta batch but with this i have cts all the time and never got more far then turn 200.

Are you taking the interception promotion for your planes? If not, they only have a small percentage chance of interception, so that is likely what you are experiencing.

12-20 was fine for me. 3 games till late Information era, no CTD or hangs. Interceptions was bugged this summer, in autumn this was fixed.

Hey,
Where in the files can I find the war weariness system? I am specifically looking for the different weights of variables, the effect on unit cost and on unit supply. I'd like to try out some changes but haven't been able to find anything in MODS/(1) Community Patch or MODS/(2) Community Balance Overhaul.

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature.
I was building Atomic Bomb and then researched Advanced Ballistic which makes Atomic Bomb obsolete. None of the production was transferred to Nuclear Missile.

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature.
I was building Atomic Bomb and then researched Advanced Ballistic which makes Atomic Bomb obsolete. None of the production was transferred to Nuclear Missile.
It's intended, though IMO it shouldn't be...can we please either remove obsoletion from nukes (A-Bombs) or move it back to a later tech? Those things take a long time to produce due to high cost and can't be bought, so that when one is beelining Advanced Ballistics (which is often a good idea for people who are interested in building up a nuclear arsenal) it happens frequently that one needs to delay researching that Tech just to be able to finish the first (!) nukes one has started building...plus there's no way that someone new to the game could know about this; in fact, I recently lost several turns of production in several Cities because I had forgotten about it again.

Edit: I'm an idiot...this was already done in the last or second-last patch.

Last edited:
It's intended, though IMO it shouldn't be...can we please either remove obsoletion from nukes (A-Bombs) or move it back to a later tech? Those things take a long time to produce due to high cost and can't be bought, so that when one is beelining Advanced Ballistics (which is often a good idea for people who are interested in building up a nuclear arsenal) it happens frequently that one needs to delay researching that Tech just to be able to finish the first (!) nukes one has started building...plus there's no way that someone new to the game could know about this; in fact, I recently lost several turns of production in several Cities because I had forgotten about it again.

Are there other units that this same applies or is production transferred with all other units? Like Ambassadors etc..

Are there other units that this same applies or is production transferred with all other units? Like Ambassadors etc..
None that immediately spring to mind; this issue is caused by A-Bombs obsoleting on pretty much the next Tech over while also not having an upgrade unit. If Nuclear Missiles were their upgrade unit then you would have this "transference" of production, but IMO that would be a bad idea. A-Bombs shouldn't be upgradeable to NMs but should simply obsolete a bit later (or never) so that their production isn't cancelled.

Edit: this has actually already been implemented in the latest version.

Last edited:
Top Bottom