1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

Are the dates for Maya's great people the same in VP as in vanilla civ? I have the tech, but didn't get a great person on turn 72, which most guides have listed as a correct date.

2. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

What game speed are you using? The turn numbers change with game speed, so perhaps you're looking at the wrong guide?

CrazyG likes this.
  3. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

They guides say standard speed, its what I'm playing, and according to the in-game Mayan calendar, it is a new cycle. I got on turn 86 as expected.

Edit: anyone know what file to check for this?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  4. MarvelOfRain

MarvelOfRain Chieftain

I know also some policies will affect it (like Artistry opener), but this wasn't the case as my production was fine.

That sounds like the reason. It tends to happen almost exclusively on the Treasure Fleet project which often gets done in 1 turn - so the production doesn't have time to stabilize. I will probably stop proposing it since it happens almost every time (up until the late game where the project does not matter), but is a shame.

CrazyG likes this.
  5. MarvelOfRain

MarvelOfRain Chieftain

I have recently played as the Maya and the numbers seem to match what I have read + observed about it (next is 86, 101 etc.) - so I am pretty sure you are in fact playing on Standard Speed.

I did not manage to get Mathematics before turn 72 (was like 4 turns too late) so I cannot verify if I had the same bug. However, from T86 onwards it was fine. If there is a problem/change it is in those early turns.

CrazyG likes this.
  6. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

I figured it out. You must get mathematics at the beginning of the turn before the Bak'tun starts. I got mathematics mid-way through turn 71 (by getting bonus science). Reloaded a few turns back, entered mathematics at the start of turn 71, and got the great person on turn 72. Must just be an activation.

Rhys DeAnno likes this.
  7. Bryan317

Bryan317 Warlord

Ok this is driving me crazy. Why am I getting the "Near terrifying enemy" modifier against Austria in the Modern Age?? I have Riflemen and Gattling Guns. She has Fusilier and Gattling Guns. I've been looking at her unit promotions and social policies and I can't figure out why. I'm sure I'm being a noob and will slap my forehead if someone has the answer. I have 51 techs she has 52. She has Freedom. Idk I'm stumped.

8. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

Maybe he got Maori warriors from a CS ally and upgraded them?

Bryan317 likes this.
  9. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

Terrifying enemy is a specific tag from promotions like haka war dance and feared elephant, so it has nothing to do with Austria’s army’s size

Bryan317 likes this.
  10. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

It’s unlikely you would be able to see the promotion without the promotion flags UI mod. It could be buried under other promotions on the interface

Bryan317 likes this.
  11. Bryan317

Bryan317 Warlord

OK! That must be it! Because I was coming back on here to say I definitely don't see it! LOL. Well I can live with that as long as I know the game's not cheating haha. I like the idea of the promotions flag mod but the UI is messy enough IMO

12. Bryan317

Bryan317 Warlord

Is it "bad" to have religious buildings from other religions in your civ? Specifically if you are the host of your own religion. Example: If I conquer a city that has a different religion that allows building religious buildings, is it a good or bad idea to use Faith to build those allowed buildings before converting them to your own religion? I guess really I should ask what exactly does this do to help spread their religion?

13. MarvelOfRain

MarvelOfRain Chieftain

Isn't the Gatling gun a terrifying enemy? I am like 80% sure it is (the other 20% would be either a recent change or it came with some other mods I played with). If it is she should also have the modifier on her units because of your Gatling Guns.

14. Rekk

Rekk Emperor

Gatling Guns passively give all enemies within two tiles a combat penalty.

vyyt and Bryan317 like this.
  15. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Its generally one of the benefits of having foreign religion:) Now before you convert it, the building is helping the enemy religion spread stronger. But once you convert the city to your faith, the building will help your religion. So absolutely I would build those faith buildings before conversion, ultimately its extra benefit for you.

cerk, vyyt and Bryan317 like this.
  16. MarvelOfRain

MarvelOfRain Chieftain

I did also double check and it is in the current version as of 11.1. (don't know when/if a change was made) - it is part of Covering Fire I. promotion.

With religious buildings that you get from Wonders and Byzantium the game would actually have to remember which building was purchased under which religion. I think it does not and all of them just do what do say for whatever religion you have. They may give the city conversion resistance but that is it I think. I always buy them if I can and a few times I even bought monasteries from Fealty or build the Grand Temple in a city with other religions. I never had a problem with it - you will just need to spend faith to remove heresy from them later.

Bryan317 likes this.
  17. Bryan317

Bryan317 Warlord

At the risk of further clogging up the thread I'd like to reiterate my first statement and admit how much of a noob I was on this. (Slap Forehead) Absolutely this is because of the Gattling Gun Covering Fire 1 promotion. Thank you All!

vyyt and civplayer33 like this.
  18. Bryan317

Bryan317 Warlord

Hello again! New question. Can you offer a leader a trade deal and ask nothing in return to help make them like you? Or let's say in theory you want to help them (without IGE) lol. But I'm mainly concerned if deals in their favor help make them like you more. I know you could argue whether or not you would ever want to do this as a pro, because it helps them and never helps you lol. But let's say you wanted to. Does this work? Take time for the deal to finish? Would it make a difference if I offered them 2 gold per turn or 100 gold per turn? Maybe some Citrus? lol..Or am I just wasting my time? I suppose I would go on to ask if squeezing every gold piece out of every deal has made them like me less...?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  19. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

Yes. I don't know the details, but if you give them 1 gold per turn you will gain the "We are trade partners" positive modifier

vyyt and Bryan317 like this.
  20. Bryan317

Bryan317 Warlord

And that's it...? If I gave them 1000 gold per turn I'd get the same result?