1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

I'm not sure. I think it gets higher, but it has a cap.

2. TranceBlossom

TranceBlossom Warlord

I am fairly certain that foreign religious buildings always produce pressure of that religion, NOT the majority religion of the city. So building them and then converting the city is still helping amplify the foreign religious pressure.

EDIT: Unless this was somehow changed later, it is indeed the case:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/new-version-august-7th-8-7.620957/
    @Bryan317 I believe you were given incorrect information, just fyi

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    Bryan317 likes this.
  3. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

If you turn on Transparent Diplomacy you'll see how much of a boost it gave you. I believe HeathCliffWarriors increased the cap to 40 (positive opinion modifier) and made it decay a bit faster...while giving one GPT will give you that modifer, it will be very small; giving more will increase the modifier more but only to a certain extent and normal trade deals that are mutual exchanges of goods can also increase the modifier.

vyyt and Bryan317 like this.
  4. Bryan317

Bryan317 Warlord

Fantastic info! Thanks for religious building update as well! I was especially curious about that!
    Back on the trade deals. So then this basically applies to ALL trade agreements. If you squeeze every penny they may not like it as much if you cut them a discount. Essentially whatever the value of the deal modifier is +/- ? So, It maybe worthwhile to give them a little bit in their favor sometimes. Or give them gifts. Makes sense. I mean I know I'm a warmonger but I'd like to buy a friend lol. I've managed to keep one other superpower friendly but I'd like to afford AT LEAST one more friend.

5. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

Kinda, but the trade deal opinion modifier can't be negative and it isn't big enough to really offset warmongering.

Bryan317 likes this.
  6. MarvelOfRain

MarvelOfRain Chieftain

I also tried it once I learned that it is a thing, but at least for me it did not make much of difference - the modifier is only very small, whereas warmonger penalties can easily go into hundreds. At least for me, it wasn't the way to go. But from the last patch warmongering seems slightly lower so unless going full domination victory you should have some friends. Also, I always have Vassals as my friends, well at least until I get Iron Fist and take all of their money :)

Interesting about the religious buildings I would be really curious how it works if Byzantium is in the game or with religious buildings from Wonders. Anyway, it never was a big deal for me and it is probably still worth buying them (if I understand it correctly if you use inquisitor on the city afterwards there will be no followers of the religion so it will stop emanating any pressure).

Bryan317 likes this.
  7. ProCatGamer

ProCatGamer Chieftain

Does this happen?
    If not wonders that require it might be disadvantaged to cities that don't grow their borders to a mountain

I'm not sure but maybe other people can answer you...?

8. Bryan317

Bryan317 Warlord

What affects the changing of price for buying and upgrading units? If I understand it correctly the price for building purchases never changes. But the price for units changes all the time. I have a few guesses that it's the game not letting me exploit too much when I'm getting tons of gold. I was loaded from selling techs lol. In fact, in a 22 Civ game I found this almost exploitable. And maybe the developers did to? It seems to raise the price when I'm either saving lots of gold or have spent lots of gold in the past few turns. I would just like to better understand this. Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  9. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

Over time, the cost to purchase units slowly increases as you discover new technologies. For example workers start at 150 gold, but I currently have 21 techs and they cost 170 now.

War wariness and unhappiness increase the cost to buy military units. This can cause big changes in the short term.

10. Bryan317

Bryan317 Warlord

Sorry for blowing up this thread but I hope I'm asking useful questions...

Why can I not sometimes plunder a sea trade route? Land always seems to work. I noticed this in a war against Austria but I believe I've noticed this in past games and wondered why. Am I glitching out? Lol. Right now I'm at peace time and I'm on top of the Aztec trade route and I have the option. But when I was at war with Austria I couldn't. ???

11. azum4roll

azum4roll Prince

If you're Morocco you can't pillage trade routes that belong to a civ you're at war with. It was a bug in the stable version you're playing.

12. Bryan317

Bryan317 Warlord

I'm The Maya actually. Honestly there's so many changes I can't keep track of them all. But I'm pretty sure I should be able to pillage Austria's trade routes.

In a ridiculous coincidence, the b#$%^ just declared war on me again. I'll have to try to plunder a sea trade route and see if this is still happening LOL

13. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

There is a corporation that stops trade routes from being pillaged

14. Bryan317

Bryan317 Warlord

She does have Firaxite! But it says trade units cannot be pillaged (except as a result of a declaration of war) ...we were at war. Unfortunately she's got a little wiser and I can't see a cargo ship at the moment.

Edit: I have verified that I cannot plunder a land trade route of hers. So then it must be because I did not declare war. She did. Okay at least I understand now. Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  15. Rekk

Rekk Emperor

Declaration of war used to immediately plunder trade units that were headed to your cities. It no longer does so. I don't think the line in the Firaxite parenthesis is relevant anymore. You just cannot pillage Firaxite trade routes at all.

16. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

The help text was fixed back in December (12-20) to just say "plundered" without the war exception; so it's working as intended if she has Firaxite but if you're playing a more recent version a bug report would be nice as it's supposed to have been fixed.

Bryan317 likes this.
  17. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

What does the belief that "doubles rigging chance" actually do? Coups make sense, but rigging doesn't have a chance as far as I know.

18. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

It should, as long as there are multiple spies trying to rig, according to the tool tip...however, I've never seen rigging fail, I think, so there might be a bug there somewhere.

Bryan317 likes this.
  19. ZENITJO96

ZENITJO96 Chieftain

How does something get implemented into Vox Populi? Is @Gazebo pretty much carrying this project like Atlas the sky in Greek mythology?

20. Arizael

Arizael Chieftain

Hello. After downloading Vox populi beta there are 2 .exe files - 1-11-7 and 1-11b. I can´t find anywhere what is the difference between them. Can anyone enlighten me ?