Quick Questions / Quick Answers

I just want to clarify, I remember hearing something that said that you don't necessarily have to capture every capital for domination victory if the capitals you haven't captured have been captured by someone else. In my current game, a CS has captured a capital. So I could still win domination victory without taking that city? Or does it work differently?

Also, when looking on the victory conditions screen if a capital has been captured by a CS it will say "this player has not settled their capital yet". Not even sure if that can be fixed however.
If there's another warmonger who has capture another capital, you just need to take the warmonger capital.

I believe yes.

The rule is that you must be the only person with your original capital.

Sadly this is not true anymore, with BNW the condition has been changed to "One player must control all original capital".
Puppets are fine but capitals controlled by allied CS or Vassals prevent the validation. I tested this back in february, don't know how it work with multiple players in one team though.

Sadly this is not true anymore, with BNW the condition has been changed to "One player must control all original capital".
Puppets are fine but capitals controlled by allied CS or Vassals prevent the validation. I tested this back in february, don't know how it work with multiple players in one team though.

I know there has been talk about changing vassal capitals counting toward their masters cities.

I know there has been talk about changing vassal capitals counting toward their masters cities.

That would be quite nice, it's quite rare to release a conquered capital (sometimes you don't really have the logistic needed to defend it) but when an AI beg for a peaceful vassalisation I know it won't end well.

Actually I just tested it now, and it works. I took every capital except one and then had a CS take the last capital. I won.

Why do the barbarians sometimes get next to your city and steal, and sometimes they don't? What drives the decision?

Why do the barbarians sometimes get next to your city and steal, and sometimes they don't? What drives the decision?
Barbs can't enter your borders for some turns based on the difficulty.

I made a modpack and the UI elements are missing. I've made about 50+ in the past, and I don't think I did anything different this time. (Haven't made one in like a year tho.) Did anything change mod-wise to cause the problem?
Delete InGame.lua from the (1) Community Patch mod in the modpack.

Barbs can't enter your borders for some turns based on the difficulty.

Not quite what I meant.

I meant, sometimes the barb strolls up to my base (after the initial period where they cannot enter), and I get a warning letting me know how my coffers just got drained. Other times they stroll up right next to the city....and nothing, nada, they are just hanging out and being groovy apparantely.

If an AI founds a City, gets it razed, and then settles the exact same City again do they get their bonuses twice?

I thought they stolen when they attacked and not when they don't. If they are below full health they don't always attack but I'm not sure what the break point is.

Does Global Liberation bypass Iron Fist in terms of liberating vassals or are you safe from that once you get Iron Fist.

do multiple medic units being adjacent increase healing or does each unit only benefit from one medic like buff

I made a modpack and the UI elements are missing. I've made about 50+ in the past, and I don't think I did anything different this time. (Haven't made one in like a year tho.) Did anything change mod-wise to cause the problem?

EnemyUnitPanel.lua was moved to the CoreLua folder. Not sure if that helps.

Not quite what I meant.

I meant, sometimes the barb strolls up to my base (after the initial period where they cannot enter), and I get a warning letting me know how my coffers just got drained. Other times they stroll up right next to the city....and nothing, nada, they are just hanging out and being groovy apparantely.

Random chance, baby.

I have no clue why but I see it too

If there's a garrison, the likelihood of the barbarian raiding is lower. The city usually doesnt get raided with a garrison (but will by a barbarian ship).

- anecdotal experience

Hey, what is the AI thought process when it comes to being a founder, and being religiously overtaken by the player? I'm playing Austria, and I've been pummeling the Ottomans first with a great Prophet, and then missionaries. I have converted all but about 2 of his cities, including the capital, yet he hates me and is actively trying to convert back. Will this stop if I get all his cities?

Also if he gets a Great Prophet, will it be his religion or mine, if his capital is my religion?

Top Bottom