1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Thibix Magnus

Thibix Magnus Chieftain

asking here as it is probably well known, when playing a one city challenge you can't liberate cities, they are automatically razed. I wish you could first choose to liberate, I guess it's too hard-coded to be changed, as the game forces you to occupy it first, then lets you choose to liberate it. Just wondering if it had been tried (also melee ships used for conquest stay on land unless they have a firendly citadel to teleport to ^^)

vyyt likes this.
  2. gozar

gozar Chieftain

Under what conditions does attacking end the turn of ranged ship? Sometimes I am able to move my ships afterwards, and sometimes attacking ends their turn even if they had multiple movement points remainging. In my current game, my dromons and galleons could retreat but now that they are frigates they cannot. The only exception is ships with logistics, who can fire once and then retreat.

3. Doomtoham

Doomtoham Chieftain

Do dromons and galleons have move after attacking? If so, that is why they can move after they shoot.

4. Zanteogo

Zanteogo King

Easiest way to remember is that ships with 1 range can shoot and move and ships with 2 range cannot.

vyyt and gozar like this.
  5. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper Prince

Dromons and galley have "can move after attack" promotion that allows them to move if they have MPs left.
    Frigates and later ships don't have this promotion.

vyyt and gozar like this.
  6. sambrowny

sambrowny Chieftain

What happened to the information about lux import/exports when hovering over the happiness in the toolbar, is there a place that information was put or is it best to just hover over the civs on the right side to see who I sold my lux to, thanks :)

vyyt likes this.
  7. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

There is a "Great Merchant icon" [a golden box of some sort] right side from Happiness at the top bar. It lists your local, exported and imported luxuries and amounts (it maybe requires the EUI version, not sure about that).

vyyt likes this.
  8. NakFour1

NakFour1 Chieftain

In my game (August 16th) Council of elders is bugged. Does anyone know what should I change to fix it? It gives 40, 41, 42, 43 science and hammers - not scaling correctly (If it is simple as changing few lines. I don't want to start a new game after so much calculation) Thank you!

9. Rei Jão Rondo

Rei Jão Rondo Chieftain

whats the easiest way for me to check if the VP worked?

looking at the tech tree it looks like its not (i only found on youtube some ppl playing and it was different)

Attached Files:

• vppp.jpg
      vppp.jpg
      File size:
      367.5 KB
      Views:
  10. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper Prince

You need to load the mod ... Seems like you just installed it and run the game normally which is not how you do it.
    To activate the mods you installed you need to run the game and instead of hitting play in the main menu you go to mods then check on the mods you want to load then hit next, it'll take a while depending on how many mods you load then PRESS SINGLE PLAYER AND DO NOT PRESS BACK so you can play with the mods you chose.

11. Rei Jão Rondo

Rei Jão Rondo Chieftain

thanks man i guess it was it then, after i loaded the mods the game crashed and i didnt knew if it was just rebooting because it was necessary or if it crashed. when i went back to the mod menu all the mods were enabled

i will try to find out why it crashed then

edit: apparently it was a problem related to have one random custom scenario mod also enabled

found the answer here https://steamcommunity.com/app/8930/discussions/1/361798516966115785/

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    vyyt likes this.
  12. darkstrat

darkstrat Chieftain

How can I go around changing the UA of specific Civs. For example, I want to give Poland 2 free policies on every era, what do I edit? (Please dont ask me why)

13. VampireSeraphin

VampireSeraphin Chieftain

I am experiencing the same issue as this user. Same texture load errors to be specific.

https://www.reddit.com/r/civvoxpopuli/comments/9w2glr/unable_to_load_texture/

I gather from reading the quick answers thread this is somehow related to EUI being installed incorrectly by the auto installer because I have steam + its games installed on a D: drive, and my "my games" folder where the civ5 mods are installed on a C: Drive. I cannot find the file they mention and I'm not sure where to move it if I did. Can someone walk me through this one?

14. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper Prince

This folder contains a file called UI_bc1.rar, download it and extract it into UI_BC1 in Assets folder in civ5 installtion directory.
    It should solve your error
    https://mega.nz/folder/fcsEhALY#XpWbkVod5utm-S1s-7TUhQ

vyyt likes this.
  15. VampireSeraphin

VampireSeraphin Chieftain

The UI_BC1 folder did no exist in my directory so I created it and copied the files over. Worked perfectly and the error is now fixed. Thanks.

vyyt and SuperNoobCamper like this.
  16. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper Prince

You are welcome :scan::scan:

17. Autoraem

Autoraem Chieftain

I am having a problem with EUI with the latest version.
    My settings have reset and I am unable to save any options (I can set options but clicking the accept button in the options menu does nothing, doesn't even exit out of the menu). Also there is a problem when loading games there is no unit interface (I am still able to access city and science interfaces) .
    I have tried downloading vox populi without EUI (settings and game interfaces load) but I haven't had this problem with EUI for the past few years I've been using this mod until the recent update.
    I have manually deleted the cache folder (does nothing) and reinstalled(does nothing). The UI_BC1 folder is already in the Assets/DLC folder. I have tried deleting it (creates glitchy interface obviously) and tried reinstalling (goes back previous problem). I have tried manually installing the UI_BC1 folder and replacing it but it does nothing.
    I'm kind of at a loss here, is there something I can do?

18. brutalz

brutalz Chieftain

how do i know when im using the communitu mapscript?

19. Maelkoth

Maelkoth Chieftain

Hey, my game has a tendency to CTD, especially late game, when I open my tech tree window. Is there any settings or workarounds to reduce this? It will crash every once in a while from other things but not too often, this becomes quite frequent (not just on this most recent patch). Thanks for any help!

20. General_Drax

General_Drax Warlord

In map selection is labeled Communitu_79a. Not Communitas. Beside you'll notice some peculiar settings in Communitu like add strategic resources.

vyyt likes this.