1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper King

Report CTDs on github ,please and make sure to attach the logs & save game.

vyyt likes this.
  2. General_Drax

General_Drax Warlord

This is due to ram limitations and memory management in a 32bit application (Civ5). Sadly there's not much you can do. A good rig can handle hundreds of units but if you try a huge map + a lot of mods (especially visual ones) the game engine will choke.

vyyt likes this.
  3. brutalz

brutalz Chieftain

Is there a way to use Communitu_79a mapscript while using the multiplayer mod pack?

It only shows up when loading the game through mods menu, can't access it when I use Multiplayer Mod Pack work around

---------------------------

OK figured it out, I just copied the map scripts from the Community Patch Maps folder from Mod Pack into the original Maps folder of CIV 5 install

ez

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  4. frktest

frktest Chieftain

I had heard that a resolution on world congress cannot be immediately replied if not passed. Is that true? In that case does that apply to HP only or to IA Players too?
    And anyway, the rule of no reply apply to the players that have proposed the rejected resolution only or apply to all players?.
    I do ask because I had a case of sanction to me that was not passed and immediately replied by another AI Player.

5. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper King

Afaik you cannot propose a resolution that got rejected twice in a row; there has to be at least one session before you can propose it again but not totally sure if it applies to all the resolutions or not.

vyyt likes this.
  6. Kim Dong Un

Kim Dong Un The One & Unly Supporter

I haven't played her in a bit, but does Russia's double strategics count towards monopolies?

7. Solic

Solic Chieftain

What does the optimize great works button exactly optimize? Sometimes I would even see my tourism go down, so it's probably not solely that.

8. Drakle

Drakle King

It should shuffle around and trade great works to fulfil great work slot bonuses.

But I find it often only partly works. Manually is the only way to have it really work.

One thing I have noticed is a bonus that should be given but isn't until the two great works are switched within the building.

9. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper King

Yes it does

10. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper King

Optimize button tries to get as many theming bonuses as possible but sometime the theming bonus requires moving the greatworks to a puppet city (a captured city with Parthenon or Notredam) which should in theory bump up your tourism but because of puppet penalties it reduces the overall tourism.
    I generally use it to see how much theming bonuses can i have and then i manually move the GWs in puppet cities to normal cities.

Solic likes this.
  11. BliTTzZ

BliTTzZ Warlord

Two questions.

What does GUARDED AI behaviour means?

And for some reasons I can't create more Great Works with my Great Writers. There are plenty of empty slots but it is somehow prohibited.

12. Solic

Solic Chieftain

I think the second is, because the number of Great Writers has simply ran out. They haven't added enough great works for them yet to be exhaustive. Especially on larger maps.

13. stii

stii King

To be fair it does something, early on it gives you a theme bonus, I guess it just doesn't account for city bonuses.
    Guarded is the state between hostile and afraid, roughly. Generally they won't attack you but it is still possible.

14. frktest

frktest Chieftain

By the way, I would like to know which mod introduce that button. I ever use the 7 VP mods plus R.E.D. and some others and usually I have the button but sometimes not. E.G. in my current game the button is not present.

15. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper King

It's in base VP.
    Maybe some mod conflicts remove it or a UI issue.

16. BliTTzZ

BliTTzZ Warlord

Can please someone explain how corporations work? I think I'm missing some details.

17. Zanteogo

Zanteogo King

It's confusing at first glance. Think of them as an advanced religion.

You gain a bonus per franchise established in your own cities and established in other civs that are normally created on completed trade routes but can pop up randomly. (I think a freedom tech either causes this to occur or increases the chance, not sure what it is) Each franchise also offers a lesser bonus to what ever city it established in. (either your own cities or other civs cites)

The bonus can get quite high if you can establish enough franchises.

There is an order policy that makes it so all your cites gain your franchise, but you cannot establish franchises in other civs and other civs cannot establish in your cities.

18. frktest

frktest Chieftain

I see. I will do some test to find out if one of the mods I'm using does conflict.

19. General_Drax

General_Drax Warlord

Get Krajzen Great Writers pack on steam workshop. Latest VP added Musicians but not Writers afaik.

20. sambrowny

sambrowny Chieftain

Is there a way in the game files to change what unit you start with, thanks :)