Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Under what conditions does attacking end the turn of ranged ship? Sometimes I am able to move my ships afterwards, and sometimes attacking ends their turn even if they had multiple movement points remainging. In my current game, my dromons and galleons could retreat but now that they are frigates they cannot. The only exception is ships with logistics, who can fire once and then retreat.
Dromons and galley have "can move after attack" promotion that allows them to move if they have MPs left.
Frigates and later ships don't have this promotion.

What happened to the information about lux import/exports when hovering over the happiness in the toolbar, is there a place that information was put or is it best to just hover over the civs on the right side to see who I sold my lux to, thanks :)

What happened to the information about lux import/exports when hovering over the happiness in the toolbar, is there a place that information was put or is it best to just hover over the civs on the right side to see who I sold my lux to, thanks :)
There is a "Great Merchant icon" [a golden box of some sort] right side from Happiness at the top bar. It lists your local, exported and imported luxuries and amounts (it maybe requires the EUI version, not sure about that).

In my game (August 16th) Council of elders is bugged. Does anyone know what should I change to fix it? It gives 40, 41, 42, 43 science and hammers - not scaling correctly (If it is simple as changing few lines. I don't want to start a new game after so much calculation) Thank you!

whats the easiest way for me to check if the VP worked?

looking at the tech tree it looks like its not (i only found on youtube some ppl playing and it was different)

Attachments

• vppp.jpg
    vppp.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 49
whats the easiest way for me to check if the VP worked?

looking at the tech tree it looks like its not (i only found on youtube some ppl playing and it was different)
You need to load the mod ... Seems like you just installed it and run the game normally which is not how you do it.
To activate the mods you installed you need to run the game and instead of hitting play in the main menu you go to mods then check on the mods you want to load then hit next, it'll take a while depending on how many mods you load then PRESS SINGLE PLAYER AND DO NOT PRESS BACK so you can play with the mods you chose.

You need to load the mod ... Seems like you just installed it and run the game normally which is not how you do it.
To activate the mods you installed you need to run the game and instead of hitting play in the main menu you go to mods then check on the mods you want to load then hit next, it'll take a while depending on how many mods you load then PRESS SINGLE PLAYER AND DO NOT PRESS BACK so you can play with the mods you chose.

thanks man i guess it was it then, after i loaded the mods the game crashed and i didnt knew if it was just rebooting because it was necessary or if it crashed. when i went back to the mod menu all the mods were enabled

i will try to find out why it crashed then

edit: apparently it was a problem related to have one random custom scenario mod also enabled

found the answer here https://steamcommunity.com/app/8930/discussions/1/361798516966115785/

Last edited:
How can I go around changing the UA of specific Civs. For example, I want to give Poland 2 free policies on every era, what do I edit? (Please dont ask me why)

I am experiencing the same issue as this user. Same texture load errors to be specific.

https://www.reddit.com/r/civvoxpopuli/comments/9w2glr/unable_to_load_texture/

I gather from reading the quick answers thread this is somehow related to EUI being installed incorrectly by the auto installer because I have steam + its games installed on a D: drive, and my "my games" folder where the civ5 mods are installed on a C: Drive. I cannot find the file they mention and I'm not sure where to move it if I did. Can someone walk me through this one?

I am experiencing the same issue as this user. Same texture load errors to be specific.

https://www.reddit.com/r/civvoxpopuli/comments/9w2glr/unable_to_load_texture/

I gather from reading the quick answers thread this is somehow related to EUI being installed incorrectly by the auto installer because I have steam + its games installed on a D: drive, and my "my games" folder where the civ5 mods are installed on a C: Drive. I cannot find the file they mention and I'm not sure where to move it if I did. Can someone walk me through this one?
This folder contains a file called UI_bc1.rar, download it and extract it into UI_BC1 in Assets folder in civ5 installtion directory.
It should solve your error
https://mega.nz/folder/fcsEhALY#XpWbkVod5utm-S1s-7TUhQ

I am having a problem with EUI with the latest version.
My settings have reset and I am unable to save any options (I can set options but clicking the accept button in the options menu does nothing, doesn't even exit out of the menu). Also there is a problem when loading games there is no unit interface (I am still able to access city and science interfaces) .
I have tried downloading vox populi without EUI (settings and game interfaces load) but I haven't had this problem with EUI for the past few years I've been using this mod until the recent update.
I have manually deleted the cache folder (does nothing) and reinstalled(does nothing). The UI_BC1 folder is already in the Assets/DLC folder. I have tried deleting it (creates glitchy interface obviously) and tried reinstalling (goes back previous problem). I have tried manually installing the UI_BC1 folder and replacing it but it does nothing.
I'm kind of at a loss here, is there something I can do?

Hey, my game has a tendency to CTD, especially late game, when I open my tech tree window. Is there any settings or workarounds to reduce this? It will crash every once in a while from other things but not too often, this becomes quite frequent (not just on this most recent patch). Thanks for any help!

Hey, my game has a tendency to CTD, especially late game, when I open my tech tree window. Is there any settings or workarounds to reduce this? It will crash every once in a while from other things but not too often, this becomes quite frequent (not just on this most recent patch). Thanks for any help!
Report CTDs on github ,please and make sure to attach the logs & save game.

This is due to ram limitations and memory management in a 32bit application (Civ5). Sadly there's not much you can do. A good rig can handle hundreds of units but if you try a huge map + a lot of mods (especially visual ones) the game engine will choke.

Is there a way to use Communitu_79a mapscript while using the multiplayer mod pack?

It only shows up when loading the game through mods menu, can't access it when I use Multiplayer Mod Pack work around

---------------------------

OK figured it out, I just copied the map scripts from the Community Patch Maps folder from Mod Pack into the original Maps folder of CIV 5 install

ez

Last edited:
Top Bottom