1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. 4CV

4CV Warlord

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  2. Solic

Solic Chieftain

I am not sure if this is a bug, so I'd figure I'd ask here first to confirm before posting on github.

If a Great Diplomat from another civ bulbs in a city state and decreases your influence, is it normal that your influence can go beyond the resting point... i.e. typically turning to angry/negatives? I'd say the former would be more logical to me and that's how I thought it used to be, but it isn't like this in latest version.

3. SilentReply

SilentReply Chieftain

Yes it will decrease beyond the resting point and is intended AFAIK. It's been like that for as long as I've been playing. You can get influence to recover faster if the CS follows your religion.

vyyt likes this.
  4. zeofig

zeofig Chieftain

I was able to build lighthouse and baths in Cusco, is this a bug?

Attached Files:

• ss.jpg
      ss.jpg
      File size:
      412.5 KB
      Views:
  5. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Yes, from the top of my head, I'd thi it's in Difficulty.xml, but as @4VC said, you can achieve the same with IGE, or or I'd rather recommend the Really Advanced Setup mod.

6. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper Prince

Late game espionage is kinda crazy, producing a great person in the modern era or later is just not doable.
    My cities with the GP generation corp + Nationalization + Artistry + Leaning tower we generating GP points like crazy but the GPs were assassinated as soon as the bar gets filled even with level 3 spies, police stations, constabularies, National intel agency and even in the city with great fire wall.
    I know Mandirs exist but the frequency of assassinations could be toned down a bit.

7. Kim Dong Un

Kim Dong Un The One & Unly Supporter

Your knolls are too grassy; assign more workers to mow them shorter.

8. Drakle

Drakle King

Does anybody know how Byzantiums 'pick any religious belief' works with double-ups of a religious building, in regard to pressure? I enhanced with Cathedrals, which any civ already had, and then ended up converting his whole empire once I sailed over to him. But do the Cathedrals he already purchased, give me religious pressure, or his religion? or both?

9. Zuizgond

Zuizgond Prince

Does the production discount AI gets in higher difficulties apply to wonder construction as well?

10. Recursive

Recursive Emperor

No. But instant production from their bonus yields can go towards a Wonder if they happen to be building one.

vyyt and Zuizgond like this.
  11. BliTTzZ

BliTTzZ Warlord

Does foreign city receive any bonuses from my Franchise established there?

I have a question also about spy advanced actions. Is it possible somehow to choose the one you need?

12. Zanteogo

Zanteogo King

Yes, foreign cities gain the franchise bonus. (+something to each specific type of resource worked)

Nope. They are random.

13. General_Drax

General_Drax Warlord

All fine. The lake gives coastal trait. So on top of fresh water, you get all the harbor facilities up to Shipyard.

14. Zanteogo

Zanteogo King

It should be noted that this effect was recently added. (stealth changed too.. as I don't recall it being in any patch notes)

Not that I am complaining because the change works.

15. zeofig

zeofig Chieftain

That's cool. Guess I missed that in the notes. I always thought it should be that way, but in this case I thought I might have some weird mountain bug or something.

16. donqrakko

donqrakko Chieftain

Where can i find proper files for location documents/my games/civ/text/ ? My installer not installing EUI properly. I'm getting wrong text labels. Im installing (1) community patch only. I uploaded these files from original EUI. Folder DLC/UI_bc1 installing just fine. I've tried to install EUI from original topic but i can't move my units in game. They says its info addict problem but i have none.

17. brutalz

brutalz Chieftain

whats a big lead on the point system? and whats the biggest comeback you have made?

18. Zanteogo

Zanteogo King

EUI files are installed where ever your civ game is installed. For example mine is:
    D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V

If it's installed in non-standard location the auto installer will put them in the wrong place and you will need to move them.

The mod is installed in your user document folder. For example mine is:
    C:\Users\emusk\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS

The name of the folder inside your user folder will change based on your windows login.

19. Zanteogo

Zanteogo King

Religious buildings always generate religious pressure regardless if the current religion of the city made them or not.

20. notaspambot

notaspambot Chieftain

Is Building_YieldFromYieldPercent not supposed to take culture as an output? I noticed an issue with it using the more wonders mod, and after testing it out, it would seem to work in generating other yields such as production and science, but not for culture. It will list the theoretical output in the tooltip on the city screen, but it is not added to the sum.