Quick Questions / Quick Answers

How does one disable the "Your behaviour angers them" and "you are competing for city states" negative modifiers or make them a 0 value? I'm running 4-20,2019 version.

How does one disable the "Your behaviour angers them" and "you are competing for city states" negative modifiers or make them a 0 value? I'm running 4-20,2019 version.

MODS > (1) Community Patch > Core Files > Core Changes

In DiploAIOptions.sql, you can disable all victory competition penalties. "Your behavior angers them" is a Victory Block penalty, which falls into this category.

There's no toggle to completely disable City-State competition penalties, but you can open DiploOpinionWeights.sql and set the "OPINION_WEIGHT_MINOR_CIV_DISPUTE" weights to 0. That will eliminate the Opinion penalty component, but not other AI behavior based on that penalty.

MODS > (1) Community Patch > Core Files > Core Changes

In DiploAIOptions.sql, you can disable all victory competition penalties. "Your behavior angers them" is a Victory Block penalty, which falls into this category.

There's no toggle to completely disable City-State competition penalties, but you can open DiploOpinionWeights.sql and set the "OPINION_WEIGHT_MINOR_CIV_DISPUTE" weights to 0. That will eliminate the Opinion penalty component, but not other AI behavior based on that penalty.

Hi thanks for the response, unfortunately my version is older than when the extra diplo-options you mentioned were added so I can't use that feature for victory competition.

I found settings that are OPINION_WEIGHT_VICTORY_FIERCE/STRONG and set them to zero but they seem to have no effect ingame. I also don't have a diplo options sql file either and nothing I changed in core changes affected the city state modifier

Hi thanks for the response, unfortunately my version is older than when the extra diplo-options you mentioned were added so I can't use that feature for victory competition.

I found settings that are OPINION_WEIGHT_VICTORY_FIERCE/STRONG and set them to zero but they seem to have no effect ingame. I also don't have a diplo options sql file either and nothing I changed in core changes affected the city state modifier

In older versions you can't turn off victory block penalties from SQL, it requires the DLL to be rebuilt. What you turned off was the victory dispute penalty, which is from competing for the same victory condition.

You can insert this code into CoreChanges.sql to remove the City-State penalty:
Code:
UPDATE Defines
SET Value = '0'
WHERE Name = 'OPINION_WEIGHT_MINOR_CIV_FIERCE';

UPDATE Defines
SET Value = '0'
WHERE Name = 'OPINION_WEIGHT_MINOR_CIV_STRONG';

UPDATE Defines
SET Value = '0'
WHERE Name = 'OPINION_WEIGHT_MINOR_CIV_WEAK';

Once again, this only affects the Opinion penalty, not other diplomatic effects.

Old versions are generally not supported here, I recommend the newer ones if you're looking for support. :)

Does anyone have experience of mods adding health/housing in the style of Civ IV or VI? I really dislike how in Civ V cities can be plopped anywhere with little regard to these essentials.

Playing as Attila (The Huns) Mounted melee should capture defected units; I can see that it does not occour ever, many times the defected unit dies; Please, does anyone known why? I'm playing with VP july/2019 ver. but I think the VP version is not the point for that issue.

Mounted units capture units 50% of the time.

Captured units have 20hp and can’t move the turn they are captured. Usually the enemy will immediately kill your captured unit, because it is heavily damaged and exposed.

Mounted units capture units 50% of the time.

Captured units have 20hp and can’t move the turn they are captured. Usually the enemy will immediately kill your captured unit, because it is heavily damaged and exposed.
If it did not get changed int he current beta i'd like to elaborate it's Not 50% of the time as a general rule but it takes base CS into consideration so a horseman has a 50% chance to capture an enemy horseman since both have the same base CS but a horseman has 80% chance to capture a defeated archer as it has significantly lower CS

If it did not get changed int he current beta i'd like to elaborate it's Not 50% of the time as a general rule but it takes base CS into consideration so a horseman has a 50% chance to capture an enemy horseman since both have the same base CS but a horseman has 80% chance to capture a defeated archer as it has significantly lower CS

Ok, thanks. That is the behaviour I have experienced.

The crashing is terrible. I just lost this Great Arabia start which was going really well, but I forgot to save. So a crash out of nowhere just killed the game. Is there anything I can do to stop this happening so often?

The crashing is terrible. I just lost this Great Arabia start which was going really well, but I forgot to save. So a crash out of nowhere just killed the game. Is there anything I can do to stop this happening so often?
Options: Autosave every turn, max saves= 999 will help a little.

Does Machu Picchu still give bonus to mountains? Description says 1 food, production, culture, faith per mountain, but I don't see any
It does not grant the tiles yields like Petra, it's granted directly to the city just like goddess of nature works.

I'm just checking if Twokay Foods was working as intended in my game. Is it supposed to reduce needs in ALL of your cities? I was playing wide and went from about 250/250 (50%) struggle in happiness to about 350/0 (100%!!!) happiness in the span of about 10-15 turns. One of the tooltips seemed to suggest only for that city and others for all cities. If it is all it seems quite strong.

I'm just checking if Twokay Foods was working as intended in my game. Is it supposed to reduce needs in ALL of your cities? I was playing wide and went from about 250/250 (50%) struggle in happiness to about 350/0 (100%!!!) happiness in the span of about 10-15 turns. One of the tooltips seemed to suggest only for that city and others for all cities. If it is all it seems quite strong.
You sacrifice useful yields for having no unhappiness forever. A fair tradeoff imo.

Yes, it is working as intended. It was recently buffed (appropriately) to apply to all cities, but the tooltip/civilopedia has not been updated.

Will someone please help me make a mod? I keep crashing my computer, and I know exactly what I want to do, I just would like some help doing it.

What I would like to do is as follows:

Civilization: Kadrainian Freehold
Leader: Lord Justinian
UA: Call the Bannerlords
When war is declared on or by the Kadarainian Freehold, each city provides a free melee unit. During a war, +25% production towards all military units and buildings.

UU: Bannermen
Replaces: Longswordsman
24 Combat Strength
Can construct unique improvement, Army Camp

UB: Inkalian Walls
Replaces: Castle
Unlocks with: Chivalry
The Inkalian walls provide +10 city combat strength, +100 city hp, and +25% to garrison combat strength.

UB: Manor House
Replaces: Barracks
Unlocks with- Bronze Working
Provides +5 city combat strength and +50 City HP, and +15 exp to all units trained in that city.

UI: Army Camp
Unlocks with Steel- Army camp uses motte and baily skin, and provides +25% defensive strength to any unit stationed on that tile. It is constructed in three turns as a base.

Last edited:
asking here as it is probably well known, when playing a one city challenge you can't liberate cities, they are automatically razed. I wish you could first choose to liberate, I guess it's too hard-coded to be changed, as the game forces you to occupy it first, then lets you choose to liberate it. Just wondering if it had been tried (also melee ships used for conquest stay on land unless they have a firendly citadel to teleport to ^^)

Under what conditions does attacking end the turn of ranged ship? Sometimes I am able to move my ships afterwards, and sometimes attacking ends their turn even if they had multiple movement points remainging. In my current game, my dromons and galleons could retreat but now that they are frigates they cannot. The only exception is ships with logistics, who can fire once and then retreat.

Under what conditions does attacking end the turn of ranged ship? Sometimes I am able to move my ships afterwards, and sometimes attacking ends their turn even if they had multiple movement points remainging. In my current game, my dromons and galleons could retreat but now that they are frigates they cannot. The only exception is ships with logistics, who can fire once and then retreat.
Do dromons and galleons have move after attacking? If so, that is why they can move after they shoot.

Top Bottom