1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Grassland Farm

Grassland Farm Warlord

Definitely had that bug in the august 16th patch

2. anl93

anl93 Chieftain

QQ: How can i understand which version i am using if its 9.2 or 9.9 so on?

3. vyyt

vyyt Deity

I'd check the name of the exe autoinstaller. It includes the version number. Not aware or any other way.

Note that if you just overwrote the DLL file manually as a hotfix, then this won't work (I think you can estimate the version number from the date file was created).

4. Laz0r

Laz0r Chieftain

How does one disable the "Your behaviour angers them" and "you are competing for city states" negative modifiers or make them a 0 value? I'm running 4-20,2019 version.

5. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

MODS > (1) Community Patch > Core Files > Core Changes

In DiploAIOptions.sql, you can disable all victory competition penalties. "Your behavior angers them" is a Victory Block penalty, which falls into this category.

There's no toggle to completely disable City-State competition penalties, but you can open DiploOpinionWeights.sql and set the "OPINION_WEIGHT_MINOR_CIV_DISPUTE" weights to 0. That will eliminate the Opinion penalty component, but not other AI behavior based on that penalty.

6. Laz0r

Laz0r Chieftain

Hi thanks for the response, unfortunately my version is older than when the extra diplo-options you mentioned were added so I can't use that feature for victory competition.

I found settings that are OPINION_WEIGHT_VICTORY_FIERCE/STRONG and set them to zero but they seem to have no effect ingame. I also don't have a diplo options sql file either and nothing I changed in core changes affected the city state modifier

7. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

In older versions you can't turn off victory block penalties from SQL, it requires the DLL to be rebuilt. What you turned off was the victory dispute penalty, which is from competing for the same victory condition.

You can insert this code into CoreChanges.sql to remove the City-State penalty:
    Code:
    UPDATE Defines
    SET Value = '0'
    WHERE Name = 'OPINION_WEIGHT_MINOR_CIV_FIERCE';

UPDATE Defines
    SET Value = '0'
    WHERE Name = 'OPINION_WEIGHT_MINOR_CIV_STRONG';

UPDATE Defines
    SET Value = '0'
    WHERE Name = 'OPINION_WEIGHT_MINOR_CIV_WEAK';

Once again, this only affects the Opinion penalty, not other diplomatic effects.

Old versions are generally not supported here, I recommend the newer ones if you're looking for support. :)

Laz0r, bigcat88 and vyyt like this.
  8. salty mud

salty mud Deity

Does anyone have experience of mods adding health/housing in the style of Civ IV or VI? I really dislike how in Civ V cities can be plopped anywhere with little regard to these essentials.

9. frktest

frktest Chieftain

Playing as Attila (The Huns) Mounted melee should capture defected units; I can see that it does not occour ever, many times the defected unit dies; Please, does anyone known why? I'm playing with VP july/2019 ver. but I think the VP version is not the point for that issue.

10. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

Mounted units capture units 50% of the time.

Captured units have 20hp and can’t move the turn they are captured. Usually the enemy will immediately kill your captured unit, because it is heavily damaged and exposed.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  11. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper King

If it did not get changed int he current beta i'd like to elaborate it's Not 50% of the time as a general rule but it takes base CS into consideration so a horseman has a 50% chance to capture an enemy horseman since both have the same base CS but a horseman has 80% chance to capture a defeated archer as it has significantly lower CS

12. frktest

frktest Chieftain

Ok, thanks. That is the behaviour I have experienced.

13. Drakle

Drakle King

The crashing is terrible. I just lost this Great Arabia start which was going really well, but I forgot to save. So a crash out of nowhere just killed the game. Is there anything I can do to stop this happening so often?

14. 4CV

4CV Warlord

Options: Autosave every turn, max saves= 999 will help a little.

15. AndreyK

AndreyK Prince

Does Machu Picchu still give bonus to mountains? Description says 1 food, production, culture, faith per mountain, but I don't see any

16. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper King

It does not grant the tiles yields like Petra, it's granted directly to the city just like goddess of nature works.

17. Maelkoth

Maelkoth Chieftain

I'm just checking if Twokay Foods was working as intended in my game. Is it supposed to reduce needs in ALL of your cities? I was playing wide and went from about 250/250 (50%) struggle in happiness to about 350/0 (100%!!!) happiness in the span of about 10-15 turns. One of the tooltips seemed to suggest only for that city and others for all cities. If it is all it seems quite strong.

18. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

You sacrifice useful yields for having no unhappiness forever. A fair tradeoff imo.

19. SilentReply

SilentReply Chieftain

Yes, it is working as intended. It was recently buffed (appropriately) to apply to all cities, but the tooltip/civilopedia has not been updated.

20. Doomtoham

Doomtoham Chieftain

Will someone please help me make a mod? I keep crashing my computer, and I know exactly what I want to do, I just would like some help doing it.

What I would like to do is as follows:

Civilization: Kadrainian Freehold
    Leader: Lord Justinian
    UA: Call the Bannerlords
    When war is declared on or by the Kadarainian Freehold, each city provides a free melee unit. During a war, +25% production towards all military units and buildings.

UU: Bannermen
    Replaces: Longswordsman
    24 Combat Strength
    Can construct unique improvement, Army Camp

UB: Inkalian Walls
    Replaces: Castle
    Unlocks with: Chivalry
    The Inkalian walls provide +10 city combat strength, +100 city hp, and +25% to garrison combat strength.

UB: Manor House
    Replaces: Barracks
    Unlocks with- Bronze Working
    Provides +5 city combat strength and +50 City HP, and +15 exp to all units trained in that city.

UI: Army Camp
    Unlocks with Steel- Army camp uses motte and baily skin, and provides +25% defensive strength to any unit stationed on that tile. It is constructed in three turns as a base.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020