1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

This is ilteroi field, he is the dev that makes adjustments to path selection and automated units.

2. vyyt

vyyt Chieftain

Hmm. The autoinstaller should take care of everything (unless you're updating from a very old version). The mods you mention seem harmless, although I cannot say it for 100% about the Oil mod. I'd try a new game on the Continents map without the other mods and start in Modern era - if you can see the coal in the top bar, then it means it is a mod / map conflict.

3. Knecht Ruprecht

Knecht Ruprecht Chieftain

Different map types seem to make no difference. VP, on the other hand does:
    VP and other mods activated: No coal!
    Only VP activated: No coal!
    Everything but VP activated: COAL!

Tried this multiple times with several map types. More advanced resources do show, by the way.

4. grmagne

grmagne Chieftain

I'm playing Vox Populi only and I do get all the resources, including coal. You might need to reinstall if it's not working for you.

EDIT: From your previous posts you did a fresh install. I have no idea what the problem could be if it's happening with no other mods active.

5. vyyt

vyyt Chieftain

I was asking about the other resources, because playing with an older version of Civ5 (pre .279) causes decreasing the number of resources on the map, but this is apparently not your case. I'd remove (copy) all other mods from the MODs folder (yes, even the inactive ones), clear cache and ModUserData and try VP only again. Oh and this not the right thread to discuss client side bugs, let's move the discussion to the install thread ... well, if the above does not work, I am out of ideas anyway.

6. Danmacsch

Danmacsch Geheimekabinetsminister

Quick question; Does 'YIELD_FAITH' work with the Building_YieldModifiers table in the CP as opposed to in the base game?

7. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

Iam playing with the atztecs a very aggresiv game and found and improved my own religion. After improving my religion, i noticed, my civilian units (worker/settler) gained a promotion called "sacred steps". I cant say it appeared directly after improving my religion, but i noticed it there the first time.

This promotion gives my civilian +2 to movement and its really nice, but i have no clue what leads to that promotion??? Nor the civilopedia or the internet gives any information about that.

8. pandasnail

pandasnail Chieftain

You have Sri Pada Natural Wonder.

9. matlajs

matlajs Chieftain

plss can someone explain me what exactly i had to do, that i have now with some civs trait 1) Your behaviour angers/etc them 2) You are competing with them blabla bla..... i maintain my very small state,keeping some cs aliances and earning money bcoz im venice, thats all. ohh and i dared build Eifell tower + Big Ben.

10. Crimson13

Crimson13 Chieftain

For Sri Pada and gaining Sacred Steps do I have to have a city in range in order to get the promotion? Do units made by that city only get that promotion? The Fountain of Youth just requires you to get next to it with a unit in order to gain the promotion so I'm wondering why this one is different.

11. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

It should, yes, however the UI may not show it - you'd need to check the interface for faith modifier tooltips.

G

12. Takagi Hiro

Takagi Hiro Chieftain

Those are diplo modifiers added solely to ruin immersion.

Not really, but it feels that way to me.

Anyway, they're modifiers resembling the whole "darn, this guy's trying to win the game, too!" nonsense, as far as I'm aware, though I'm sure there's some depth to it that I'm not aware of (or at least, I'd hope so).

13. matlajs

matlajs Chieftain

im thinkink exactly the same.im just waiting for some explanations why it should be here as another tool how exploit and coop gangbanging luckily succesfull player.

just to edition: if i get attacked later by almost everyone on map, i dont see reason why i should play diplo,culture wins anymore. domination is absolutely more fun and if it ends same way like others potential diplo, culto wins, i dont see reason why should play another style.

14. ColonelCarter

ColonelCarter Chieftain

This was a recent change; if the wonder is in your borders, then all your units of the proper type gain the promotion. It works that way for Fountain of Youth now, too.

15. Gazebo

Would you prefer it if the AI didn't care about victory? That seems to contradict the exact points everyone has been making elsewhere. You simultaneously do and do not want the AI to care about victory conditions.

G

16. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

matlajs thinks that AI is playing with all its civs against the player. While this is not true, he may think it is when all civs ally against him the time he is threatening with victory. But I have seen in my last game most civs allying against a runaway AI civ, so this behaviour is not just against the player, but for the civ that is showing that is winning.

17. Gazebo

The AI does not make special exceptions when dealing with humans. Every AI is independent and objective.

G

18. matlajs

matlajs Chieftain

yeaa ofc. Btw. is nice get -diplo points for naying somebody proposal while he naying himself :D

bzw gazebo. You provided diplomatic aspect of game with something enthuziastic, but just to point where game again begin feel as stupid as vanilla with its all denunciation, threatening for no point etc. I think every civ should be somehow suited and every civ should go for some type of victory. its nice they can be adaptive but again to the point, when it is collide with its overhauled logic. they care much more about others victory than their own.

im playing just my 4th game, but i can say with 100% clear mind that there were no AI civ, which focused domination. thats for example.

19. Crimson13

Crimson13 Chieftain

Another question related to Natural Wonders and the promotions they give; has Altitude Training been removed from Mt. Kilimanjaro? I noticed that it doesn't seem to now and the in-game encyclopedia shows that it doesn't show up on its page. The Altitude Training promotion does show up though, I just don't know what gives it now.

20. Freaky Freddy

Freaky Freddy Chieftain

The AI should definitely care about victory, just like the player, and every deal and decision they make should be based on them getting one step closer to victory.

I find it weird when low score civs get too friendly with top score civs. Low score civs should be more friendly between themselves and more likely to band together against top score civs in an effort to to bring them down a notch while pushing themselves up.