Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Is there a section of the wiki that specifically describes how to work with Distress? I only updated the mod today and have to learn how to deal with it and am failing spectacularly (45 across my empire even though I'm moderately well developed throughout - as compared to my next highest of Poverty at 10 unhappiness). This is even when I've got most of my cities set to production - I don't know how to keep ahead of the curve as it grows.

Were you building needs-reduction buildings? Military buildings also reduce distress.

What civ would you recommend to a new player coming into VP who's looking for something relatively straightforward to get a grips on the changes? As much detail on strategy as you can provide would be wonderful, along with maybe photojournals or lps. I learn by watching others.
Poland. It's the most aseptic civ for learning.

Is there a section of the wiki that specifically describes how to work with Distress? I only updated the mod today and have to learn how to deal with it and am failing spectacularly (45 across my empire even though I'm moderately well developed throughout - as compared to my next highest of Poverty at 10 unhappiness). This is even when I've got most of my cities set to production - I don't know how to keep ahead of the curve as it grows.
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/guide-handling-happiness-reprise.633131/

This guide I made a few months ago. Hope it's not too outdated.

Were you building needs-reduction buildings? Military buildings also reduce distress.

I've been building essentially everything - not playing on Deity or anything like that so I don't need to worry about skipping buildings. That was why I was confused - nothing was reducing the count.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/guide-handling-happiness-reprise.633131/

This guide I made a few months ago. Hope it's not too outdated.

The military buildings thing is outdated, but the guide will hopefully help. I don't really know even after reading that the counts are so disproportionately toward distresss... I might try internal trade routes to see how they help.

So I got a question in regards to mods I find on here. I'm taking a wild guess, but these probably don't update automatically right? I'd have to look for each new version on here and pop them in the MODS folder?

Also, why can't I ever find some of these mods on the Workshop? Any particular reason?

So I got a question in regards to mods I find on here. I'm taking a wild guess, but these probably don't update automatically right? I'd have to look for each new version on here and pop them in the MODS folder?

Also, why can't I ever find some of these mods on the Workshop? Any particular reason?
Any MOD you are subscribed in the Workshop will updated automatically, the others don't.

Community Patch is available in the Workshop, but the whole project, Vox Populi, is not finished yet. Not sure why most of the modmods aren't published in the workshop either, but I guess that not everyone has the game installed through Steam, but anyone with a valid copy of the game can go to civfanatics.

You don't need to look up the newest version. It is linked in the stickied install thread:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/community-patch-how-to-install.528034/

Any MOD you are subscribed in the Workshop will updated automatically, the others don't.

Community Patch is available in the Workshop, but the whole project, Vox Populi, is not finished yet. Not sure why most of the modmods aren't published in the workshop either, but I guess that not everyone has the game installed through Steam, but anyone with a valid copy of the game can go to civfanatics.
That's technically wrong. Mods on the steam workshop are automatically update only if the version number increase, which is not the case of every update.

I've been building essentially everything - not playing on Deity or anything like that so I don't need to worry about skipping buildings. That was why I was confused - nothing was reducing the count.
Whats the average population in your cities?
Vox Populi is punishing "too much" growth very hard. Every additional citizen lowers your "yield per citizen value", which is the core of the happiness system. Is this value decreased too much, you have to fight a lot of unhappiness. Additionally the needed yields gets modified exponentially by more population, making it even more harder to hit the required yields.

Denmark / Embarkment promotion: Don't Danish units need to go back to their territory anymore to get the embarkment promotion from sailing? I saw this in a game with version VP11-21-3 and couldn't find anything about it in civilopedia (Denmark or promotion page). Same thing in new December Balance version (reproduced with IGE: the warrior stayed outside territory but he got the promo).
1.jpg
Last time I played Denmark was years ago with BNW, so I don't know if it was changed meanwhile. Or maybe a bug?

I don't mean the actual VP mod, I'm talking more about the companion mods like UCS and EE. Might be a bad example cuz both of those are on Steam anyway.
you can use a website to download steam workshop files anyway...

Question regarding Great Artists on the latest beta. Will they scale based off the instant yields/static yields of Tourism/GAP of the last 5 turns or just static yields?

If the former, chaining Great Artists could be kind of powerful (spawn a GA, bulb it, purchase one a turn after).

Denmark / Embarkment promotion: Don't Danish units need to go back to their territory anymore to get the embarkment promotion from sailing? I saw this in a game with version VP11-21-3 and couldn't find anything about it in civilopedia (Denmark or promotion page). Same thing in new December Balance version (reproduced with IGE: the warrior stayed outside territory but he got the promo).
View attachment 511082
Last time I played Denmark was years ago with BNW, so I don't know if it was changed meanwhile. Or maybe a bug?
Its not only denmark. The ability to embark/disembark is given to all unit, after you have researched fishing. This was changed some month ago. You also didnt have to go back to your territory if you have researched astronomy. The ability to cross oceans is automatically given to your units.

Hello there, I have a question about the number of citizen needed for a National Wonder. In my current run, I try to OOC with Korea (inspired by Martin Fencka), but the amount of :c5citizen: needed for the NW is way too huge. I play on Standard Speed.
Spoiler Seriously :
TooManyPops.png

I needed 38 :c5citizen: to build the Iron Works, East India Company etc and I would need 66 :c5citizen: to build the International FInance Center. That is way too much. Sure, normally only Venice would be the One City Civ, but might be there a problem with my installation? I use 11-21-3 VP, just some map scripts (Perfect World, Tectonic) and the only other mod is "Reforestation", which I think of might cause that problem, buy I cant say how and why, have to test it with disabled/deleted one.

Hello there, I have a question about the number of citizen needed for a National Wonder. In my current run, I try to OOC with Korea (inspired by Martin Fencka), but the amount of :c5citizen: needed for the NW is way too huge. I play on Standard Speed.
Spoiler Seriously :

I needed 38 :c5citizen: to build the Iron Works, East India Company etc and I would need 66 :c5citizen: to build the International FInance Center. That is way too much. Sure, normally only Venice would be the One City Civ, but might be there a problem with my installation? I use 11-21-3 VP, just some map scripts (Perfect World, Tectonic) and the only other mod is "Reforestation", which I think of might cause that problem, buy I cant say how and why, have to test it with disabled/deleted one.

If you don’t actually set OCC as an option it will remain high.

I'm just going through the VP mod options and I noticed this peculiarity:
In the Options.sql file in the CSD for CBP mod there are a few options that are set to non-default values despite me not having touched the file:
Spoiler non default settings only :
Code:
/*
CSD Beliefs and Traits
1 = Beliefs and Traits Enabled (Default)
2 = Beliefs and Traits Disabled
*/

INSERT INTO CSD (Type, Value)
VALUES ('CSD_BONUSES', 2);

/*
Fix for Mausoleum of Halicarnassus (Wonders of the Ancient World DLC)
1 = Fix Enabled (Default)
2 = Fix Disabled 
*/

VALUES ('ANCIENT_WONDERS', 2);

/*
Sweden Trait Modification (G&K + Brave New World)
To compensate, Swedish Diplomatic Units have the Nobel Laureate Promotion which grants 10% more Influence from Diplomatic Missions.
3 = 40 Influence When Gifting Great People (Very Easy)
2 = 20 Influence When Gifting Great People (Easy)
1 = 0 Influence When Gifting Great People (Normal, Default)
0 = 90 Influence Per Mission (Vanilla- Not Recommended)
*/

VALUES ('SWEDEN_TRAIT', 0);

Now I'll just assume that this is all fine since it came like that from the download (I'm using the 11-30-18 version btw), but I just wanted to ask just in case and who knows....maybe it was simply forgotten to comment on this stuff after some changes or something.

Top Bottom