Quick Questions / Quick Answers

VoxPopuli crashes a couple of seconds every time after I load a game, i've no problem playing a normal game. The version I have is from the 17th of July of this year.

I don't use every mod in the list. I'm on Windows 10 and i've 8GB of RAM.

I don't use:

City-State Diplomacy mod for CBP. (v 27)
More Luxuries- CBO edition
Community Balance Overhaul- Compatability files (EUI) (V 1)
Promotion Icons for VP
UI- Promotion Tree for VP
Civilization IV Diplomatic Features
Englightenment Era
Expanded Civilopedia Entries
Extended Eras
Info Addict
More Pantheons
Ocean Cities
PerfectWorld
Prehistoric Era
Trading Posts grow into towns

I enabled the "Community Balance Overhaul- Compatability files (EUI) (V 1)" but Civ V still crashed. This time it crashed while the map was still loading, I heard distorted audio when it started to load and when the game finally crashed I hear the distorted audio just before it happened.

I don't use:

City-State Diplomacy mod for CBP. (v 27)
More Luxuries- CBO edition
Community Balance Overhaul- Compatability files (EUI) (V 1)
Promotion Icons for VP
UI- Promotion Tree for VP
Civilization IV Diplomatic Features
Englightenment Era
Expanded Civilopedia Entries
Extended Eras
Info Addict
More Pantheons
Ocean Cities
PerfectWorld
Prehistoric Era
Trading Posts grow into towns
I am confused about what you meany: you do NOT or you DO use the mods in the list? Some of them are essential components of Vox Populi while others are not related to Vox Populi in any way and I think the Prehistoric Era is not even compatible.

Just install Vox Populi from the latest autoinstaller, activate ALL its components and try WITHOUT the extra mods first. Then you can start adding extra mods to find out which one is causing the problems.

You cannot be surprised that your game is crashing if you deactivate some VP parts and add unrelated extra mods on top of it.

Which mods are core Vox Populi mods?
The way VP is supposed to be installed is that you first unsubscribe and delete all mods (including ones that may be part of VP) and then use the installer and choose the appropriate version there (typically full VP with EUI). Then check if that works to make sure that nothing else is messed up with your install and then you can start adding other, non-VP mods to test if they're compatible.

Edit: ninja'd by ashendashin

OK I did that and I enabled all the components from 1 to 6a. I installed the 25th of November beta and everything went smooth, I was able to start the game and play a couple of turns and I went to the main menu and I was able to load the game again.

I noticed recently that the AI don't display Great Works anymore to swap, making theming of wonders like the Louvre or Oxford University impossible to theme. I don't know if it is WAD or if I should report it on GitHub. Am I the only one who noticed that?

I noticed recently that the AI don't display Great Works anymore to swap, making theming of wonders like the Louvre or Oxford University impossible to theme. I don't know if it is WAD or if I should report it on GitHub. Am I the only one who noticed that?
Apparently they are now simply a lot more conscious of what kind of Great Works they themselves actually need, thus requiring you to display some of your own Great Works (eventually someone will swap with you but this is quite rare). But the algorithm could probably still use some tuning as situations where the AI needs to swap one of its own GW for a foreign one should be ocuring more often than the AI seems to think.

What causes the city-state quests to change/disappear (beside completing them)?

What causes the city-state quests to change/disappear (beside completing them)?
Change: entering a new Era will increase the rewards (usually); pledging to protect will increase the Influence gain of the reward; certain Statecraft policies can increase rewards.
Disappear: completing the quest; declaring war on the CS; tributing the CS; some quests have a time limit on them where they disappear even if no one completes them; failing in your protective pledge I think also makes them disappear, but I'm not 100% sure about that (if true it probably applies to both not keeping your military up to snuff and budging when a major civ challenges you by bullying your protected CS).

I just learned that Theodora can found a new religion even after her first holy city gets captured.

The Byzantines only have four cities left, and I have a Great Prophet. Is it worth it to try to convert them? Will they stick to their new religion even after a Great Prophet blast? Or will they start yet another religion as soon as they get another prophet?

I have Prophecy enhancer, so prophets are cheaper and stronger, but I also have the Holy Land reformation, which means I would prefer to settle prophets to get more delegates.

Edit for more information:

World Congress has just been founded, and I have a strong lead with 8 delegates compared to 8 other civilizations with 1-2 delegates each. I might be able to decree Buddhism as the world religion.

Two civs with a total of two delegates are (to the best of my knowledge) solidly Buddhist. One other civ is Buddhist currently, but with exactly half of her cities Buddhist she could easily sway either way. There's a six-city civ across the ocean who is just starting to get converted by his neighbors; with a great prophet I could convert him if I don't mess up (not sure if I want to risk it).

Also, as a result of Ceremonial Burial (grants faith and culture when Great Person is used) and a free prophet from Hagia Sophia, using my current prophet gives me enough faith that the next prophet will be two turns away.

Last edited:
A few questions about combat modifiers. I am playing with the Nov 25 version

1) What is the max anti-warmonger fervor that is possible? I understood it was 49% on deity. I am seeing values over 80% I´m in the industrial age and have taken 2 cities off the Aztecs and 2 cities of Austria the entire game several eras back but both have similar anti-warmonger bonus. Using Transparent Diplomacy, Austria has a -1300 opinion modifier of me for my warmonger. Both the 80% and 1300 seem too high.

2) When/where does the anti-warmonger fervor apply? I can see that it does apply when attacking units in my territory. It seems to apply at half strength in unclaimed territory. However, any unit I put on the border gets slaughtered. Do attacking units get the bonus so long as they are in their own territory even if the enemy is in theirs?

A few questions about combat modifiers. I am playing with the Nov 25 version

1) What is the max anti-warmonger fervor that is possible? I understood it was 49% on deity. I am seeing values over 80% I´m in the industrial age and have taken 2 cities off the Aztecs and 2 cities of Austria the entire game several eras back but both have similar anti-warmonger bonus. Using Transparent Diplomacy, Austria has a -1300 opinion modifier of me for my warmonger. Both the 80% and 1300 seem too high.

The maximum is 81% on Deity, see https://civ-5-cbp.fandom.com/wiki/AI_and_Difficulty#General_Bonuses

Top Bottom