Quick Questions / Quick Answers

I got 2 questions.
1. If i have the dlc installed can use vp comp. mods in the mods or will they not show up or work ingame.
2. Why does other civs automatically try to sanction you even you did nothing eg. Not being war?
Re 1. What exactly do you mean? By DLC, do you mean the modpack version of VP people share with others? If yes, then you should not use the non-modpack version from the official autoinstaller - the components would show in the mod list, but could conflict with the modpack version counterparts.
Re 2. They don't. But in the couple of recent versions, the other civs may try to stop the winning civ (regardless if it's AI or human) by all means a bit aggressively.

How would you remove the AI's starting pathfinders?

I found this code in the Deity section of difficulty mod.

<AIStartingDefenseUnits>2</AIStartingDefenseUnits>
<AIStartingExploreUnits>0</AIStartingExploreUnits>

But it is already set to 0? I'm 100% sure they begin with one on Deity, I often pathfinders on turn 1 (because the AI immediately gets enough XP for the bonus movement stuff).

I think this is the number of extra pathfinders that they get for a given difficulty. Everybody gets one, including you. This is controlled (or was in my old version) in the file UnitChanges.sql

I have a question concerning a strange bug with great works disappearing from one of my cities without any notification of enemy spying activity.

I'm currently playing a game as Babylon in the version 12-20-3. At some point in the game, I lose both my great works of writing in Akkad, themed in an amphitheater, without any notification about it. If I move both of them in a different city, they don't disappear. If I move only one of them, the one remaining in Akkad simply disappear, without any notification

Is this a known issue ?

I have a question concerning a strange bug with great works disappearing from one of my cities without any notification of enemy spying activity.

I'm currently playing a game as Babylon in the version 12-20-3. At some point in the game, I lose both my great works of writing in Akkad, themed in an amphitheater, without any notification about it. If I move both of them in a different city, they don't disappear. If I move only one of them, the one remaining in Akkad simply disappear, without any notification

Is this a known issue ?
I experienced the same with previous version, not (yet) with the current one. If you can consistently reproduce it and post log files, I'll create an issue about it on GitHub.

I experienced the same with previous version, not (yet) with the current one. If you can consistently reproduce it and post log files, I'll create an issue about it on GitHub.

I do have a save file on the very turn it happens. It always happens the same way, with the various outcomes depending on if I move the great works or not. I guess I should upload it. Just as a remainder it is the version 12-20-3, not the last beta version but the one before.

Edit: I guess I should mention I use a few mods on top of Vox Populi, so that would complicate things quite a bit, although I never had any problem with these. I use the following mods :

(over) More Unique Components for VP (v 55)
A Few More Terrain-Specific Buildings (v 1)
Convenient start (v 2)
Even More Terrain-Specific Buildings (v 1)
Forest On Snow Tiles (v 1)
Improved Air Recon (v 1)
Lake Victoria Fix (v 2)
Music Changer (v 2)
Reforestation (v 9)
UI - Map Pins (v 17)
UI - Small Resource Icons (v 4)
Useful City Ruins (v 3)
TreeGrowth (VP) (v 2)

Attachments

• weird bug with great worksinAkad.Civ5Save
    2.4 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
1. Can I create a custom map with no resources and VP will use it's coding to disperse them for me when ever I start a new game?

2. For buildings like the Observatory that are affected by mountain tiles 3 spaces away, does this apply to all tiles or those just in my borders?

Last edited:
So I think I realized why every game I have is seemingly more difficult than average: everyone hates me! Playing Arabia right now, and literally every single AI is at war with me... And in my Wide Shoshone game, though not everyone is at war with me, even Polynesia is hostile with me. And I've realized this is the case with a LOT of my recent games

So... How do I avoid this nonsense? Like, in the Arabia game, I guess I'm being very excessive with the wonder whoring, but should I not be doing that as Arabia? Is getting hated on by every single AI just inevitable if you intend on winning?

So... How do I avoid this nonsense? Like, in the Arabia game, I guess I'm being very excessive with the wonder whoring, but should I not be doing that as Arabia? Is getting hated on by every single AI just inevitable if you intend on winning?
There have been some changes to AI diplomacy logic. The next update should alleviate this situation. But until then, it's you versus the world!

1. Can I create a custom map with no resources and VP will use it's coding to disperse them for me when ever I start a new game?

2. For buildings like the Observatory that are affected by mountain tiles 3 spaces away, does this apply to all tiles or those just in my borders?
1. Custom maps (.civ5map) won't spawn anything that's not already on them, including ruins. Map scripts (.lua) spawn resources the same way as VP unless you override the AssignStartingPlots functions.
2. You do need a mountain in your borders to build the Observatory IIRC, but it won't affect the bonus.

Last edited:
I have stucked at few problems:
1. I use following codes:
Code:
function OnSpawnChangeSelected(eCs)
    local bSpawnDisabled = Players[eCs]:IsMinorCivUnitSpawningDisabled(Game.GetActivePlayer())
    Network.SendMinorNoUnitSpawning(eCs, not bSpawnDisabled)
    InitCsList()
end
and
Code:
function OnPledgeProtectionSelected(eCs)
    local bPledgeProtect = Players[Game.GetActivePlayer()]:IsProtectingMinor(eCs)
    Network.SendPledgeMinorProtection(eCs, not bPledgeProtect)
    InitCsList()
end
The problem is that InitCsList triggers before changes to Cs are set in the game (unit spawn option or pledge protect option). I cannot find any events related to those 2 mentioned situations. How can I trigger this function after the change? Maybe there's useful delay? I used simple while loop delay but it didn't work at all.

2.I want to show espionage window on click using following code:
Code:
function OnSpySelected()
Events.SerialEventGameMessagePopup({Type=ButtonPopupTypes.BUTTONPOPUP_ESPIONAGE_OVERVIEW})
    --UIManager:QueuePopup(ContextPtr, PopupPriority.eUtmost)
but it shows underneath current window. If I close Diplo window, then I can see espionage window opened. How to make it show on top? I tried to use UI.QueuePopup, but ContextPtr is tied to main window I click the icon from.

3.Can someone explain what is the difference bewtween:
Code:
SerialEventGameMessagePopup
SerialEventGameMessagePopupShown
SerialEventGameMessagePopupProcessed.CallImmediate

4.What does UI.incTurnTimerSemaphore() and UI.decTurnTimerSemaphore() do?

Last edited:
For #4, I believe this is for multiplayer with timed turns, and prevents a player's turn ending suddenly while certain screens are up.

Adan, If you don't get answers here, you may have more luck in the general Civ 5 modding forum. Last time I was stuck I posted there and got useful replies from some of the modding Gods :worship:

For #4, I believe this is for multiplayer with timed turns, and prevents a player's turn ending suddenly while certain screens are up.

Adan, If you don't get answers here, you may have more luck in the general Civ 5 modding forum. Last time I was stuck I posted there and got useful replies from some of the modding Gods :worship:
Yeah, I have few more questions without answer. Thanks for tip.

What is distress exactly and how it is calculated?
I find it extremely obscure and always wish to see it changed to one yield which a player can keep track on. I understand why it was changed from badly-scaling Crime, though. Crime also had better icon... and was generally more in line with others, more obvious as a communal desire, Distress and "basic needs" is a mess to manage wide empire with. I suggest something similar but more obvious and managable Unemployment or lack of opprotunities relative to the population and tied to production only, which would also severly punish stupid one island tile cities, and farm only cities, and generally following Indian/African way. Back to distress.

Is it food divided by hammers? Is it food divided by hammers then divided by population? Is it food plus hammers divided by population? Which one should I increase to counter it when selecting the tile? It is not just either, because when I need for example 4.51 and change the tile for 6 more hammers, the calculation changes but many times it does not drop.

Why is there a sacred site here?

Attachments

• 1581637063_1037_14022020_1920x1080.png
    1581637063_1037_14022020_1920x1080.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 137
This is probably a dumb question, so sorry in advance.

I can't enable the 3rd and 4th unique component mods for VP, as well as Wonders expanded. It tells me dependencies required ares 1,2,3,4,5.. however after doing a fresh VP install just now and deleting cache etc the components are numbered 1,2,3,4,6a,7a, as seen below. Anyone know what might be the case?

upload_2020-2-14_14-54-16.png

upload_2020-2-14_14-53-26.png

Another follow on question - I thought that events and decisions was incorporated into this mod by default, however last game I only had some very basic events come up regarding floods/hurricanes, and nothing involving natural wonders/race/magistrates, which is what I was familiar with playing before. Did some of them get removed? Or maybe I just toggled some settings off? it looks as I remember though on the Really Advanced Setup screen

upload_2020-2-14_15-1-41.png

Sorry for the noob questions, been a while since I've been playing

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-14_14-49-57.png
    upload_2020-2-14_14-49-57.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
What is distress exactly and how it is calculated?
I find it extremely obscure and always wish to see it changed to one yield which a player can keep track on. I understand why it was changed from badly-scaling Crime, though. Crime also had better icon... and was generally more in line with others, more obvious as a communal desire, Distress and "basic needs" is a mess to manage wide empire with. I suggest something similar but more obvious and managable Unemployment or lack of opprotunities relative to the population and tied to production only, which would also severly punish stupid one island tile cities, and farm only cities, and generally following Indian/African way. Back to distress.

Is it food divided by hammers? Is it food divided by hammers then divided by population? Is it food plus hammers divided by population? Which one should I increase to counter it when selecting the tile? It is not just either, because when I need for example 4.51 and change the tile for 6 more hammers, the calculation changes but many times it does not drop.
Distress is based on the sum of your food and hammers. Increase either to reduce distress.

@rebar64 , it seems that you have a conflict with the default non-VP More Luxuries mod. First, unsubscribe from it on the Steam Workshop, then delete it manually from your MODs folder and then reinstall VP from the autoinstaller (actually deleting the cache and ModUserData folders before installing could be a good idea too). After this, you should see 5. More Luxuries in the mod list.

Can a vassal win the game? It's obvious some victory conditions will never be met by a vassal. But is it theoretically possible? Space race? Cultural Victory? I'm asking because I'm about to take a vassal that has 80 techs and has made a few spaceship parts. I only have 77 techs lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom