Resource icon

Quo's Rocketboots v1.1

isau

Deity
isau submitted a new resource:

Quo's Rocketboots - Gives every unit +1 Move Points

Very simple mod that gives every unit in game +1 additional Move Points. Blast off!

Want to go even faster? Edit code.sql and increase the +1 to a number of your choosing. Great for Online speed games, testers, or anyone with generally low patience. May affect the AI's ability to fight (but may actually make them more effective by disentangling them).

Note that rivers or jungles will still slow the units, so an element of strategy remains.

Read more about this resource...

Thank you very much for this one. Not many players have picked up on it yet, but the new slow mobility rules are one of the ways that the designers are holding back Domination enthusiasts.

Last edited:
Hi isau,

Thanks for the mod. Would you mind teaching me how to alter this mod so Corps, Armies and their equivalent sister units (Fleets & Armadas) don't get the movement buff? I want to simulate a slower mobilization as a sort of logistics simulation.

I also want to figure out how to reduce ranged (bows and crossbows) range by 1 but that's a different mod / mod request. I simply don't know much about modding so I hope you don't mind teaching me a little how to tweak your work

Thanks.

Has anyone used this and noticed if the AI seem smarter or worse at attacking? in particular sieging your cities?

This mod is amazing. Seriously, the game plays so, so much better. Scouts are now worth it; melee units are no longer total garbage; movement and exploration is way less of a frustrating drag. I love it. I even think it makes terrain more meaningful, too, as now the difference between a forested hill and a flat hill or unforested hill is much more apparent. This mod rocks. People really need to try it.

Has anyone used this and noticed if the AI seem smarter or worse at attacking? in particular sieging your cities?

I've played two full Deity games with this mod, and I think on balance the AI is slightly more dangerous than it was before. This is basically because the AI spams a LOT of melee units, and this mod makes those melee units more competitive. It's harder to pick them off safely at a distance with Archers, and the AI's melee units can surround your city more quickly. Don't expect miracles though.

I was skeptical when I first tried this mod, but it has really improved the game. Great mod!

Hi isau,

Thanks for the mod. Would you mind teaching me how to alter this mod so Corps, Armies and their equivalent sister units (Fleets & Armadas) don't get the movement buff? I want to simulate a slower mobilization as a sort of logistics simulation.

I also want to figure out how to reduce ranged (bows and crossbows) range by 1 but that's a different mod / mod request. I simply don't know much about modding so I hope you don't mind teaching me a little how to tweak your work

Thanks.

My apologies, I'm only just seeing this now.

Unfortunately I am not sure if it is possible to edit the movement of Corps and Armies.

To reduce/change the Range of any unit I think you just need to edit its Range field. You would add code like this:

UPDATE Units SET Range='1' WHERE UnitType='UNIT_ARCHER' ;

You'd have to do this for every unit you want to change the range of.

My apologies, I'm only just seeing this now.

Unfortunately I am not sure if it is possible to edit the movement of Corps and Armies.

To reduce/change the Range of any unit I think you just need to edit its Range field. You would add code like this:

UPDATE Units SET Range='1' WHERE UnitType='UNIT_ARCHER' ;

You'd have to do this for every unit you want to change the range of.

No worries I am not a pushy fellow, thanks for the response. Shame I cannot edit corps and armies to be non sped up under your mod. That woulda been great!

After playing vanilla for a few weeks and getting tired of the terrain limitations I thought I'd try this mod. You still need to think when moving your units around and terrain still plays an important part, but movement penalties are no longer frustrating. Great mos isau, thanks!

@isau would you mind if I included this as a toggleable option in my Omnibus mod?

How easy would it be to apply this change only to player's units?
Not too hard. You'd need to create a unit ability and apply it to every unitclass. The modifier would need to have the requirement that the player is human.

Not too hard. You'd need to create a unit ability and apply it to every unitclass. The modifier would need to have the requirement that the player is human.

Hmm. Could something similar be done to keep it from applying to Corps and Armies?

I have spent quite some time trying to crack the AI in Civ6 to be able to produce interesting AI battles, so far your mod has contributed to a more lively AI! It combines well with the Ai siege help mod (AIsiegehelp), the autoplay mod (autoplay v.2), and AI+ V8 (AI+).

I did a mod spotlight on m channel and hopefully once I do some more tweaking you mod will be will help with AI battles in civ6.

Thanks for uploading this.

Here is the spotlight:

Top Bottom