1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quot Capita: Majesty

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Sword_Of_Geddon, Jun 21, 2013.

1. arzac93

arzac93 Chieftain

Awesome job on working out the issue!

Is there anyway I could do what you did without downloading the whole thing over?

2. BadaBing

BadaBing Chieftain

@arzac - the latest file contains many other changes and will break save game compatibility. If you just want a fix for the windmill/renaissance problem you just need to edit Quot Capita\Assets\XML\Buildings\CIV4PlotLSystem.xml

Replace the whole <!-- Windmill --> section towards the end of the file, around line 16743 with this

Code:
    		<!-- Windmill -->
    		<ArtRef Name="goal:IMPROVEMENT_WINDMILL">
    			<Attribute Class="Improvement">IMPROVEMENT_WINDMILL</Attribute>
    			<Attribute Class="Era">ERA_ANCIENT,ERA_CLASSICAL,ERA_MEDIEVAL,ERA_RENAISSANCE,ERA_ENLIGHTENMENT,ERA_INDUSTRIAL</Attribute>
    			<Attribute Class="Scalar">bIsPartOfImprovement:1</Attribute>
    			<Attribute Class="Scalar">bApplyRotation:1</Attribute>
    			<Attribute Class="Scalar">NIF:Art/Structures/Improvements/WindMill/WindMill.nif</Attribute>
    			<Attribute Class="Scalar">KFM:Art/Structures/Improvements/WindMill/WindMill.kfm</Attribute>
    		</ArtRef> 
                    <ArtRef Name="goal:IMPROVEMENT_WINDMILL">
    			<Attribute Class="Improvement">IMPROVEMENT_WINDMILL</Attribute>
    			<Attribute Class="Era">ERA_MODERN,ERA_FUTURE</Attribute>
    			<Attribute Class="Scalar">bIsPartOfImprovement:1</Attribute>
    			<Attribute Class="Scalar">bApplyRotation:1</Attribute>
    			<Attribute Class="Scalar">NIF:Art/Structures/Improvements/WindMill/WindMill_mod.nif</Attribute>
    			<Attribute Class="Scalar">KFM:Art/Structures/Improvements/WindMill/WindMill_mod.kfm</Attribute>
    		</ArtRef>

Save the file, clear your caches & you should be good.
    To clear caches delete all files in
    %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache\
    and
    %APPDATA%\Beyond the Sword\cache\

3. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

Well, that helps. My thanks.

Need to update the scenario I've been working on since Moby Dick was a minnow :crazyeye::eek::rolleyes:.

4. Kingpin

Kingpin Captain-General

Works perfectly!

5. arzac93

arzac93 Chieftain

You had me at 'changes', lol. Anything I'd notice?

6. BadaBing

BadaBing Chieftain

I really can't say - I'm not part of the dev team for this mod. All I did was compare the patch files to the previous version and pull out the one change that fixed my particular problem around progressing to the Renaissance Era.

I'm sure there are many other fixes and improvements, so use the full file if you're starting a new game, otherwise this isolated change /may/ just get you to the end of your current one!

7. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

I'm glad....one less thing to worry about...:goodjob:

8. Sword_Of_Geddon

Ahem, on playtesting it has come to my attention that there was one random game-crashing bug caused by the Flavian wonder.

Until I upload a new "patch", I will provide a small fix which can be downloaded either below or in the first post:

Download this file: http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=406840&stc=1&d=1460830160

Place it into your Beyond the Sword/Mods directory, say yes if it asks you to overwrite anything(and it will).

9. marrokos

marrokos Chieftain

Attached Files:

10. Sword_Of_Geddon

Opps.......

11. Pomphis

Pomphis Warlord

Also a problem: the mod loads and the civilopedia works fine, but both games I attempted never stopped the "Finishing" phase during launch. When I finally used the task manager I was told that the program had encountered a problem.

12. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

Check and see if your config.ini file is in your /mydocs/mygames folder. If so, simply move to your BTS folder, overwrite, and the restart civ ( making sure you clear your cache as you start- hold down shift key). Once you do that, you should be fine.

As to the dreaded black tile issue, C2C mod has a detailed fix over in their trouble shooting thread. Just head over there and search. Usually fixes the problem.

13. marrokos

marrokos Chieftain

bug fixed: cleaning cache and custom assets worked. Thanks all for the help

14. Pomphis

Pomphis Warlord

Thank you, but some questions. I do have a .ini file that works fine with BtS itself and all other mods I have and also worked fine with my older copy of OC. Only this newly installed latest version of QC as this problem. And only during launching a game, not when starting QC. QC works fine in all steps before that.

I know about cache clearing only WRT browsers. Do I understand correctly that I press the shift key during starting BtS ? And/or when QC loads ?

15. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

Clearing BTS cache: Hold down shift key as Bts splash screen appears. Hold until splash screen disappears and first intro screen shows up.

As to your first question, I'm unsure. I haven't had a chance to DL the new updates yet, as I am currently working on a custom scenario for QC.
    If your saying that the only issue you are having is when your launching QC, but not any other mod, then the problem may lie in the launcher.exe ( it's entirely possible to miss a small code break). My recommendation, if this is the case, would be delete QC, start a new game while clearing your cache, then re-DL QC, and try again.
    If that fails to work, you'll need to ask SOG, or see if you can get assistance over in the trouble shooting thread.
    Wish I could be more help, but my knowledge only extends to creating CS's, not extensive modding. My apologies.

16. Sword_Of_Geddon

Hey folks. Just wanted to check in.

I'm working on an update. Awhile ago Bakuel stopped by the forums and blessed us with more of his excellent units, in this case, the Philippines.

So I've decided that the Philippines will be coming to Majesty as a new civ!

Other things I've done:

-Added the Athenian Trireme(Not the final name) as a second UU for Greece.
    -New Renaissance and up city art for Egyptians and Egyptian-influenced civs(Nubia, Punt)
    -Second UU for Brazil, the Tucano

If anyone has any requests, let me know!

17. Sword_Of_Geddon

Next on my agenda for all interested:

-Refine Atlantis civilization, some new artwork and some changes to how the civ works are in order. I really want to capture the majesty and mystery of Atlantis further, and really drive home that they are a legendary super civilization.

-Finally get around to adding Lumeria(not Rama's Empire/Harappa). With Boonkie's help, this civ will be heavily based on the various novels, comics and lore developed around this lost continent, including Ron Howard's works like Kull.

Expect a savage, lost land with dinosaurs, serpent men and giant Gorillas.

Super Civilizations will be a new category as well, since there are others I would like to add. The main distinctions are that Super Civilizations playstyle are quite different from normal civs.

If you have any ideas or suggestions let me know.

18. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

Nice, looking forward to all the updates.

Still working on the GEM TSL scenario. I've decided to forgo the sinking of Atlantis ( as well as other cataclysmic events) as I think the issues I've been having are python related. So what I'm thinking is that I just finish the map and civ start locations, and the unique resource placement as well. Then just toss the scenario up on here and see if we can't get some testers and improve things.

19. Sword_Of_Geddon

Drak, yeah Python is great...but not so much when it doesn't work. Theres so much in this mod that I had to disable because of python. I don't know why Revolution doesn't work(well it works, but there was always that Renaissance era crash if you recall) for example.

But the map sounds awesome regardless.

Since Atlantis' location will be staying, it could be seen as a what-if world map, with the additional continents, that would be interesting I think.

Small update:

-Lumeria -The Continent Will be heavily based on the various novels, comics and lore developed around this lost continent, including Ron Howard's works like Kull. However the location will be in the middle of the Indian Ocean, south of India, and near Madagascar.

Lumeria existed during the recent prehistoric past, and was home to various peoples. Had the Earth's tectonic plates not realigned, Lumeria's native Valusian civilization would have risen to prominence.

The Lumerian civilization is another animal. The Lumerians, called kumari kandam by their Tamil descendants, are quite civilized and control the north and west part of the continent. They possess the mysterious sonic technology that some say build the Egyptian Pyramids.

Two New Civilizations here:

-Valusia: represents the savage, Ron Howard part of the continent

-Lumeria: Represents the lore regarding kumari kandam developed during the 1800s.

-Mu will be based on the various Turok games and comics. Mu is a lost land, also a last refuge for Dinosaurs. An advanced people similar in culture to the Mesoamerican peoples have built an advanced society here. Mu is a smaller continent, close to the coasts of southern central America as well as south America. Easter Island was once part of this landmass. Mu is longer and arranged in a diagonal direction, but is not that much bigger than Australia. The Mulian civilization encouraged trade threw out the more advanced north and south American peoples until Mu disappeared under mysterious circumstances. It is unknown if a flood took down the continent, like with Atlantis, or extreme earthquake activity, as with Lumeria.

Mulians have tamed some of the Dinosaurs and use them in battle. As they advance threw the tech tree they gain access to "Chronomaly" tech, such as golden fighter aircraft(The crystal skulls, which originated with Mu, are another example of this technology), remnants of this vehicles have been found in the Andes, but are mere toy models. The units are not more powerful than normal, but represent the possibility that an ancient civilization developed air power.

In the future era, the Mulians will have some strong Unique Units however.

New Civs:

Mu: An advanced Mesoamerican-like civilization that early on domesticates Dinosaurs, and later creates some familiar, but sometimes bizarre technology.

Polynesia: The old "Naacal" civilization is for all intents and purposes, Polynesia, kind of representing the Maori and Easter Island, as well as Tonga. If I can flesh out the various Polynesian peoples, I can separate them. For now however, the Polynesian and Hawaiian civs will have to do.

Non-mythical civs:

The Phillipines: A cultural link initially, between Polynesia and Indonesia(and Malaysia), the Phillipines developed their unique identity after the coming of the Spanish and later the Americans.

New Australian peoples: For along time Boonkie and I talked about fleshing out the Aborigines. Current the Koori civilization is there, but I have plenty of material from Boonkie to make several more civs. I will start with one more however.

Athens: I've long wanted to do a Greek split. Athens is the philosophical and commercial Greek city state. They field their own kind of Hoplites, and build a great fleet of Triremes to battle Persia during that great war. Both will be represented here.

Sparta: Sparta was one of the most powerful Greek states for a reason. The warrior culture and their ability to form alliances against Athens lead them to prevail during that conflict. Even the Macedonians had a healthy respect for Sparta. Had Sparta not fallen, perhaps they would have founded a powerful empire....

The Crusader States: The Knightly orders of the Templars and Hospitallers controlled a lot of land at their height, including Outremer, Malta and more. I think its high time they get civilizations of their own.

20. Kingpin

Kingpin Captain-General

Here's some flags for all those new civs you have in mind. As usual, if a certain flag isn't what you have in mind, let me know and I'll try again.

Attached Files: