Quot Capita: Majesty

The chariot doesn't seem to upgrade to anything. Can anyone else confirm this?

Germany

Hey there. Great work on the mod SoG, the faction leaders look great and I really loved the idea of the mod. However, I'm not being able to play it. I can load the mod, but after loading any custom match I've tried so far it crashes. I'm running the game on Windows 7 and I've followed your instructions regarding the settings (I was not able to find the "Dynamic Civ Names" and "Tech Diffusion"). Is there a solution to this problem? Thank you in advance, and sorry for the broken english. ;)

Dynamic Civ Names and Tech Diffusion are options under the custom game menu.. Simply uncheck them, and your good.

So, after some tinkering I was able to make the options show and unchecked them. However, the game keeps crashing just after loading. Is there any other problem that can cause that?

I think afew other people were having a similar problem. I believe it has to do with the Windows Civ4 cache file if I'm not mistaken. When this happens you have to clear your cache in order for the mod to work.

Drak explained this to someone a week or two ago I think.

Yup, shift key is your buddy :)

Chariots for Germany don't upgrade until you get Cavaliers, since Germany does not build Prodromoi.

I'm at Cuirassiers and still no option to upgrade. The Civilopedia doesn't show an upgrade option either.

Hey Sword_Of_Geddon, I'm having some trouble starting this mod, whenever I try to either run BtS as admin and then load the mod, or automatically load the mod while running as admin (by changing the Civ4 config file) the mod doesn't open, and instead Civ4 opens as a background process, any clue on how to fix this?

Edit: Nevermind, for anyone which also has this problem, the mod may just take a few minutes to start up

Large mods 1gb and up can take approx 3-5 mins to load, depending on sys specs. For those huge type mods (3gb or greater), you can expect up to a 10min wait ( again, depending on specs).
You can reduce this wait time 40-50% by going directly into your save game folder, and launching your game from there.

Thanks for helping him Drak :goodjob:

Another update, Knights Templar civ is done, I also added a Templar Trade Guild which the Knights Templar can found. It is an early corporation that gives the Templars(or any civ with a Templar presence) a boast to the early-mid game econonmy.

The Knights Hospitalier will also have a corporation which will compete with the Templars.

I plan on adding others as well, like the East India Company.

Do you guys have any ideas or suggestions on early corporations?

3rd Update: Hospitaller civilization finished, including Hospitaller corporation. Up next, Atlantis gets a makeover(unit graphical overhaul, both Unique units and flavor units, currently Atlantis uses the same set as the Minoans and Troy, time for that to change.)

My game stops, does not crash, but does not freeze either. Just stays in limbo where I can move freely. My python debugged log file said this:

"Can't find type enum for type tag CIVILIZATION_CELT
Can't find type enum for type tag CIVILIZATION_HOLY_ROMAN
Can't find type enum for type tag CIVILIZATION_NATIVE_AMERICA
Can't find type enum for type tag CIVILIZATION_VIKING"

You will have to be more specific. Where is your game installed? What kind of game were you playing before the freeze happened?

That sounds very unusual because none of the civs you listed are in the game in their orginal Beyond the Sword forms.

Top Bottom