1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quot Capita: Majesty

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Sword_Of_Geddon, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spoiler :

Wish I'd thought to get the leaders name...and I'm well past the 10 turns I save on auto-save:suicide:, it's a good thing you have the save:whew:

2. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

OK, so after some research (and checking all of my history notes from college) this is what I've come up with so far;

Inca: Hualcana Sapa Inca (Elite Royal Guard), Carried a star shaped short spear, bolas, and sword.

Rome: The Equites Singulares (replaces horsemen) Elite horse unit for the Praetorians.

China: Interesting history here, as I didn't know china used chariots in warfare. China is huge on ancient military units (go figure lol). Your call here, but a wicked idea would be a cho ku no war chariot (you did say quasi- historical :)).

I'll give more as I get time (on lunch break). I know I usually give you links and the whole eye candy stuff, but I'm on limited time atm. I'll see what happens this weekend.

3. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

Anything is appreciated Drak..thankyou.

Daft Ill see about fixing the Japan problem..

4. Pepo

Pepo Prince

i'm my current game i'm having crash .i attached a save

also congratulations for such a good mod :goodjob:

Attached Files:

5. Sword_Of_Geddon

Thankyou Pepo..im very glad your enjoying it :)

Is it a persistant crash(one that if you load the game it happens again?) I'm looking into a python issue that is causing crashes, the good news is that if that's the case you should be able to load the game and continue. However if it keeps happening its related to one of the other errors(Which im been fixing in the current version).

6. Pepo

Pepo Prince

it happens everytime i reload the game.even if i pick an older save,it happens again.i think that it maybe one of the other civilization that causes the crash,the first time it happens i could see that egytp has had the same event repeated ,and then it crash

also it may be usefull to say that i'm using revolutions and barbarian civ options

7. Sword_Of_Geddon

Yeah unfortunately that is probably the problem :( Revolutions is known to be bugged, and it crashes in my mod. You want to not use the Rev components :(

Heres the options you want to use in a custom game

8. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

SOG, check with 45 over in the AND2 forums, I think he solved this prob in his rev modcomp.

9. Yamato

Yamato Warlord

If you ever do an update of this mod, I would love to have a Canadian civ included (CivGold and Duminos both have them to use)

10. Sword_Of_Geddon

Canada will be in the next version, still working on making them unique.

11. RPG

RPG King

Awesome!!

12. Yamato

Yamato Warlord

I too shall be keeping my eye out for this.

UU should be Mountie (many use Canada Corps Infantry, which is ok too, but I like the Mountie as a cavalry unit better)

13. Sword_Of_Geddon

I was thinking a calvary replacement with some sort of terrain fighting bonus?

14. Yamato

Yamato Warlord

A terrain fighting bonus is good.
    Another option is a movement bonus, being as mounties traveled everywhere, through wilderness etc etc

15. Sword_Of_Geddon

A faster Calvary with an artic terrain bonus would work I think.

Anyone have any other civilization requests?

16. Sword_Of_Geddon

Preview of Atlantis pedia(to give you an idea of what is in store)

More recent, controversal theories claim that Atlantis existed before the end of the last Ice Age. At the end of last Ice Age sea levels were nearly 400 feet lower than present day levels. Once the waters began to rise, they rose swiftly. Conceivably, no technology then, or now, could have saved Atlantis from its watery grave. Some claim evidence that land in what’s now the Caribbean also sank into the sea concurrently. Evidence that the island of Cuba is the vestige of a once mighty culture is supported by Zalitzki’s discovery on the island of extremely ancient symbols and pictograms identical to those seen on the underwater structures. Using exploration submersibles, they discovered amazingly huge pyramid structures similar to (but larger than) the pyramids in Giza, Egypt. They estimate the Atlantis pyramids are constructed with stones weighing many hundreds of tons.

Atlantis may have greatly influenced later cultures, in particular the ancient Egyptians and Aztecs. In Nahuatl, the Aztec's native language, the word "water" is "atl", and the land the Aztecs believed they orginated from was said to be an Island known as "Atlan". Also, it is almost certain now that the Great Sphinx of Egypt actually predates the earliest pharoahs. Evidence of water damage hints the Sphinx was actually rebuilt from an earlier structure.

17. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

Hey SOG, nice read. Here's another potential for you as well to consider.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avalon

I keep trying to sit down and give you some info like I said I would, but work has me on a quasi-permanent on call mode. As soon as I can come up for air (lol, hopefully), I'll take the time to sit down and write something up for you. Keep up the good work bro, nice job.

18. Sword_Of_Geddon

Thankyou my friend, it means a lot for you to say that.

Would Avalon be a good canaudate for a legendary civilization? Perhaps linked to the legendary precursers of the Celts, the builders of Stonehenge?

19. tchristensen

tchristensen Emperor

Downloaded the game. Runs perfectly on my system. Can't wait to put a few hundred turns into the game.

If you add additional content to the game, please consider getting a 2nd UU. Always fun to see unique units for each civ.

Thanks!

20. Sword_Of_Geddon

I'm working on that actually, drawing inspiration from Age of Empires, Rise of Nations and other Civilization games. :)