1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quot Capita: Majesty

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Sword_Of_Geddon, Jun 21, 2013.

1. tchristensen

tchristensen Emperor

Hey,

Just wanted to let you know I am having a blast with the mod. Played a couple of games up to 400 turns just to see how things run. I love the different feel to the game, mostly with Prehistoric starts.

A couple of new questions:

Seems like I have a lot of gold building up. Is there a reason? Can I expect to see monetary hardships in the future or will I always have a surplus of gold?

Also curious on the state of barbarians? I like a fair mix of roaming barbarians around but it seems like on many starts, even with Raging Barbarians, I never see much of them. Is the AI so different that they come later or in other ways? Read how they can turn into civilizations later -- how does that work?

Again. Fabulous mod with a ton of new things, so not griping but just curious.

Thanks!

2. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

Gold depends on civics, number of cities and number of units, if your doing well as an empire you will usually have a good budget. :) There are afew civics in the current version which I've fixed in the next(which I haven't released yet), that were really unbalanced in that regard though Oo

Barbarians usually take time to appear. I'm having problems with the Revolution mod, and it really influences barbarian AI. As I've said in the first post with the recommended custom game settings. Legacy from Avains old mod :( As of right now..its beyond my understanding as a modder..

3. tchristensen

tchristensen Emperor

No worries! Tomorrow my friend and I are going to try to play some multiplayer and will wrack up a 1000 turns.

I usually end up tweaking the mod a bit just because I know enough about XML to be dangerous. :lol:

4. Sword_Of_Geddon

If you can get it working multiplayer that would be incredible...:eek:

I wish you luck and hope you have a lot of fun my friend.

5. Sword_Of_Geddon

Borrowing heavily from Fictionalization IV, which was never finished :( as well as Rise of Legends, I've decided that other than Atlantis there will be the following Legendary civilizations:

Avalon: Mysterious precursors to the Celts, who knew these people as the Tuatha de Danann and were revered as gods. The Avalonians were one of the first civilizations to emerge after the cataclysm and were responsible for Stonehenge as well as many other monolith structures in western Europe. At their worst, they practiced dark rituals and human sacrifice under the Druidic Priesthood, at their best, they were represented as a force of chivalry and honor threw the legendary Avalonian kingdom of Camelot. When their civilization began to fade, much of their culture was absorbed into the Celts, and some into the Greeks.

Unique Buildings:

-Monolith Circle: Stonehenge-like constructions that replace Schools for Avalonia. These buildings are required to train Wizards.

Unique Units:

-Knight of Camelot: A strong national unit, Avalon can train up to 12 of these at one time.

-Wizards: Magic-using units, Wizards hurl fireballs at their opponents. They are buildable until the dawn of the age of science.

Rama: Also known as Lumeria. According to ancient Sanskrit texts like the Ramayana and Mahabahrata, the Rama Empire thrived thousands of years before the English believed a civilization even existed in the area. Current texts admit that this great civilization ended somewhere between 2,500 and 4,500 B.C. When did it all begin? Some Sanskrit scholars would say the Rama Empire thrived around 10-15,000 B.C. and that only remnants survived the great war that their history recorded.

Western archeologists have long insisted that the tales of a technologically advanced civilization were merely figments of some over-imaginative Indian writer, but they will admit to being puzzled at the findings at Mohenjo-Daro and other Rishi cities.

The cities were highly developed with a great degree of pre-planning in streets, covered sewage systems, private toilets, running water to homes, remarkable plumbing and homes constructed of kiln-fired brick. This is more sophisticated than many of the cities in India, Pakistan and Asia today.

According to the texts a great war erupted between the Rama Empire and a more militaristic group called the Atlans(Atlantis). The Asvin Priest Kings of the Rama Empire were forced to use their mental-psychic powers to create a defensive illusion. While this tactic was successful at first, the Atlans persisted and returned with their ultimate weapon. This weapon is described as Kapillas Glance in both the Mahabaharata and Drona Parva. It was described, "A single projectile, charged with all the power of the universe. An incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as the thousand suns rose in all its splendor. It was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced the entire race of the Vrishnis and Andhakas to ashes. The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. The hair and the nails fell out. Pottery broke without apparent cause and the birds turned white. After a few hours all the foodstuffs were infected. To escape from this fire, the soldiers threw themselves in streams to wash themselves and their equipment.".

Unique Building:

Sewer: Replaces the Aquaduct, is available earlier, and has an increased health bonus.

Unique Unit:

Psion: A unit that attacks using the power of the mind.

Naacal: Mu, was said to be a lost Pacific Ocean continent, which was home to a lost civilization which greatly influenced both the later Polynesian people as well as the Inca and other Andean peoples. The Naacal built great Moa monuments, a feat that was later copied by the inhabitants of Easter Island. Sometimes confused for Atlantis, the Naacal(in this mod) did not in fact influence Greek or Egyptian culture, though they had some influence on the Hindi cultures(along with Rama's influence), threw monuments left behind following the destruction of their civilization. This great civilization was destroyed in the same disaster which ended the other great empires of pre-history.

6. Sword_Of_Geddon

Download The Mod Here: http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=106748

Remember to run your Civ4 Beyond the Sword as administrator.

Changes in Version 3.1:

-Fixed more bugs
    -Added new soundtrack for Ancient, Classical, Modern and Future Eras(It works this time I swear lol)
    -Added Rajput, Benin, Swahili, Sweden, Venice, Brazil, Trojans, Minoans, Amazons as well as Atlantis and Lumeria..oh and did I mention I also added Canada?
    -New Pirate naval line, for Privateer action threwout the ages
    -New trade ship line, an alternate way of getting gold.
    -Cavalry now upgrade to the Recon vehicle line instead of Helicopters.
    -New ancient wonders

Changes planed for Version 3.2:
    -Avalon and Naacal(Mu) will be added
    -I want to add the Nasca as well, with a unique improvement, glyphs
    -Also would like to add more content from Civ5 and its expansions.

7. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spoiler :

Thankyou kindly for your time and effort mate..will give it a test run..go enjoy your weekend:cheers:

8. RPG

RPG King

Woo hoo! Canada!

What are you planning to add in from Civ V? Is there anything missing from Extra that you're planning to add in?

9. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well I have it downloaded..getting ready to start a session..one thought though..it took FOREVER to download.:ack:

For example when I load download large mods (c2c, RI) it takes roughly 2 hrs or so give or take. This my friend I had to save for overnite..8+ hrs:eek:.

I'm curious if this was just a bad download day or if others came across this. :hmm:

10. Sword_Of_Geddon

Its atomicgamer...it can be slow sometimes

I think theres still civs from Extra that aren't included yet..ill have to look..

As for Civ5, theres the Shoshone and afew other things I still could include.

I also want to look over existing civs and see if I can't make them more interesting...

11. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spoiler :
    ...Figured as much on the dl:deadhorse:

So on my first attempt I ran a typical game set-up, but this time added barb towns per player. Turn 30-50ish(marathon), I find the nearest barb town, cool xp :thumbsup:...well the following turn my explorer group Scout, and warrior wiped. A red dragon toasted them. He had a movement of 6:mischief:..no escape for anyone.

(a tiny bit of random irony happen-chance, The song "Run Like Hell", Pink Floyd...played in the background.)

Do the dragons spawn from the barb towns, or was it just bad luck:mwaha:

12. Sword_Of_Geddon

Bad luck..I added four dragons to the assortment of mythological creatures that spawn in the Prehistoric age...:lol:

Glad your enjoying it so far :)

13. Sword_Of_Geddon

Anyone else try the new patch?

14. Sword_Of_Geddon

I'll give people time to play the newest version. Let me know what you think, comments, criticisms and suggestions are always welcome.

Even comments about the mod if you haven't played are appreciated. Any sort of suggestions are really.

15. Sword_Of_Geddon

A few changes next patch:

-Atlantis The Orichalcum Airship will be leaving the Atlantian arcenal, since I kind of have the ancient air power as a Lumerian thing. I'd also like to add an early submarine for Atlantis(requiring Orichalcum of coarse).

-Naacal(Mu) will be getting a Sea Dragon, Kraken and Volcanic Temples. They will also build Moas and will represent both this legendary culture as well as Tahiti and Easter Island.

-Teotihuacan will also be added, both as the historical culture, and as the legendary El Dorado. In the early eras they will act as the historical civilization, later however, they will have golden futuristic jets(formerly planned as the Atlantian Orichalcum Jet) and other interesting ancient/future stuff.

I've also finished the Chimu and intend on adding Tibet. The Shinto religion(from Civ5) will be making an appearance as well.

16. Pepo

Pepo Prince

i've intalled the new version and i found really interesting to play with atlantish. my only criticism is that many civs only got one uu.i think that for better balance,all civs should have two uu (with some exceptions)also canadians have too many uu(and three ot then are just price reduced versions)

17. Sword_Of_Geddon

I definitely agree about fleshing out each civilization with more units/new gameplay. The main aim is how to get each civilization to feel different gameplay-wise. I have the Zapotecs for example, heavily geared towards a spy-based civilization. The Vikings(Denmark in next version) will be totally designed around sea trade and sea warfare.

Thankyou for letting me know what you think Pepo. I hope you enjoy playing as Atlantis. :)

18. Sun_Ce

Sun_Ce Chieftain

Hello

Downloaded this into the mods folder as per instructions in the 1st post and it did not show up when i have tried to play using the custom game start??? is there an installer for this or something?? or am i just missing something?

Found it under Load a Mod at startup.

19. Doomspark

Doomspark Chieftain

Just downloaded the latest. It's extracting now, and I look forward to posting feedback.

20. Doomspark

Doomspark Chieftain

Do the caveats in the first post about the custom game parameters still apply?

Do religions "expire"? I was playing with limited religions checked, and still managed to found multiple religions (Kemetism and Zoarastirism).

I like the mod a lot so far.