Quot Capita

hm i found a bug: when loading this savegame and all its other autosaves, except for the 4000 BC save it crashes.
i play as romans. and yes i have the latest version of the mod ;)

Attachments

• Administrator AD-0980.CivBeyondSwordSave
    217.2 KB · Views: 77
hm i found a bug: when loading this savegame and all its other autosaves, except for the 4000 BC save it crashes.
i play as romans. and yes i have the latest version of the mod ;)

Yes, thanks, I'm aware of the problem.
The solution will be that:
- I'm waiting for the new Firaxis patch
- build QC from ground up again to increase load game stability

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Yes, thanks, I'm aware of the problem.
The solution will be that:
- I'm waiting for the new Firaxis patch
- build QC from ground up again to increase load game stability

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Do we have any info or schedule on a new Firaxis patch?

One guy in a Japanese forum has reported that the great prophet bug disappeared once s/he had his/her state religion set.

So much as I have tested, the problem disappeared no matter which religion I converted to, and the problem came back again once I stopped having a state religion and the anarchy was over.

One guy in a Japanese forum has reported that the great prophet bug disappeared once s/he had his/her state religion set.

So much as I have tested, the problem disappeared no matter which religion I converted to, and the problem came back again once I stopped having a state religion and the anarchy was over.

Thank you for the information. I will check the issue.

Ok, to clarify this:

- you can use NextWar mod separately with ME VD.
- you can use Quot Capita base mod separately - i.e. without any VD, ME, or Nextwar
- you can use Quot Capita base mod in any combination with: VD, VD+ME, VD+ME+NextWar

But for the purposes of this beta testing, I kindly ask you to check the full package: so VD+ME+NextWar+Quot Capita base. Thanks.

So as long as I can, I'll try to keep this modular separation, so people with different tastes can benefit.

Is this post from the first page still valid, or is this info now completely out of date? I'm looking to use the awesome VD+ME mod with the very nice NextWar Mod (which makes precisely the fixes to Next War I wanted). Nothing against all the other mods, but I'm not familiar with them and don't want to change the game too radically.
Does the mod still work like this, or at least are you still intending to make it work like this when its done?
Thanks for doing this anyway.

Is this post from the first page still valid, or is this info now completely out of date? I'm looking to use the awesome VD+ME mod with the very nice NextWar Mod (which makes precisely the fixes to Next War I wanted). Nothing against all the other mods, but I'm not familiar with them and don't want to change the game too radically.
Does the mod still work like this, or at least are you still intending to make it work like this when its done?
Thanks for doing this anyway.

Unfortunately it's no longer supported, I even removed the download. The reason is simple: there are problems with modular loading so it would require a huge amount of work just to keep them updated. Currently I have enough on my hands, unfortunately I cannot support this many mods (that cannot be easily integrated) It is and will be part of Quot Capita in the future, too. As for the other mods, I'd suggest you to give them a try, believe me, it's worth it.

Unfortunately it's no longer supported, I even removed the download. The reason is simple: there are problems with modular loading so it would require a huge amount of work just to keep them updated. Currently I have enough on my hands, unfortunately I cannot support this many mods (that cannot be easily integrated) It is and will be part of Quot Capita in the future, too. As for the other mods, I'd suggest you to give them a try, believe me, it's worth it.

Fair enough, I get the impression modding is quite a lot of work!

Maybe I'll try gradually plugging in some of the next war stuff myself, a bit at a time. Cheers for the Varietas D mod, with all those nice unit models being produced it really needed someone to do the work of selecting them and incorporating them in a sensible way rather than the huge duplication of effort involved in everyone doing it themselves.

Fair enough, I get the impression modding is quite a lot of work!

Depends on how far you are willing to go, as with most things ;)

As long as you stick with xml and do not try to do all kinds of variants which need to coexist it is pretty straightforward.

Having all kinds of coexisting pieces (VD + MEE + NW + ...) will require additional effort. Adding a custom dll is the ultimate difficulty level :)

Maybe I'll try gradually plugging in some of the next war stuff myself, a bit at a time. Cheers for the Varietas D mod, with all those nice unit models being produced it really needed someone to do the work of selecting them and incorporating them in a sensible way rather than the huge duplication of effort involved in everyone doing it themselves.

You could try my mod, it is very similar to VD + MEE + NW, and I agree there currently is a lot of duplicated / integration effort in many mods which are based on each other or have similar goals.

I just found an "allopathic" solution for the great prophet bug:

Replace
<Type>UNIT_PROPHET</Type>
with
<Type>UNIT_PROPHETT</Type>
in CIV4UnitInfos.xml,

and
<DefaultUnit>UNIT_PROPHET</DefaultUnit>
with
<DefaultUnit>UNIT_PROPHETT</DefaultUnit>
in CIV4UnitClassInfos.xml

and
<UnitType>UNIT_PROPHET</UnitType>
with
<UnitType>UNIT_PROPHETT</UnitType>
in CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml.

avain,

Is it possible to have the Mastery Victory unchecked as the default victory condition? I have merged your Mastery Victory code into CivFusion but am unsure how to make it default to off.

Cheers,
ripple01

If I remember correctly, by default all Victory Conditions are checked. I don't know if this can be overridden. I can check it for you, but I cannot guarantee a quick answer, because I'll be off to Prague for this long weekend.

I'm new to this forum, so maybe I'm the lame. So the problem is, I downloaded the Quot Capita mod (v.07) but I can't download the MediaPack because Filefront redirects me to it's homepage. Tryed to copy the files from VD but a lot of units are just red blobs. Can you help me with that? Thanks!

Just downloaded Quot Capita. Installed it fine but it crashes everytime I try to load a new game. Any idea why?

Top Bottom