1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quot Capita

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by avain, Jan 29, 2008.

1. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

@avain I don't know much about XML so I can't help you there.:( I just selected desktop shortcut and Quot Capita and installed to here C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods. I have a Pentium 4 3Ghz. 3GB of RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4670 512 MB, and have Xp 32bit.

2. Martin79

Martin79 Warlord

I can't bomb city defenses with my Bombers.

3. The Almighty dF

The Almighty dF Pharaoh

XP 32bit, 2 gigs of RAM, NVIDIA 8800GTX graphics card, 3.1 GHz CPU.
    Other mods (BAT 2.0, Extra, Gold) are working for me. I'm using Blue Marble, haven't tried without it yet.
    I've tried with the root ini set to both 0 and 1.
    I've tried a clean install.
    I am using 3.19.

4. nodnarb

nodnarb Chieftain

Haha, I hate bumping my own question, but it would be great to actually get a response from avain. Maybe some people are rating the thread low because questions are being unanswered? Also, because I'm not experienced with XML, I can offer you little help towards finding a solution to the problem; I am runnig the mod on a very new pc though. EDIT - Just rated the thread - Its back up to 5 stars; you are welcome :p

5. Martin79

Martin79 Warlord

Hi,

It appears that Global Warming doesn't really fit with the Future Era. I would not suggest to simply turn it off, but perhaps the Eden Project (now a World project) could make it stop for a while or for the rest of the game.

6. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel Office Linebacker

We should give avain some time, the poor guy works hard and does a good job.

7. The Almighty dF

The Almighty dF Pharaoh

Tried it without Blue Marble, still crashed at Init Engine.

8. Martin79

Martin79 Warlord

Don't get me wrong. The mod is awesome and I trully appreciate avain job.:goodjob: Actually, I can't stop playing this mod! I'm just signalling some bugs and throwing out ideas. Of course, he doesn't have to implement all of them.

9. riddleofsteel

Oh, I know. I wasn't commenting on anyone in specific. I just wanted to at least let avain know that I'm in his corner and appreciative of his hard skilled work, so he doesn't get downhearted :) Thanks for replying.

10. avain

avain (key)

;) Thanks for the rating, what I'd really like to see is you guys help me squash these bugs since I cannot reproduce them on my end! This is the hardest part, because this means that I need to rely on you to give me reports and check things out - I cannot do it myself and provide you a solution.

About the map: I'll check it out once I managed to squash this nasty bug.

11. avain

avain (key)

OK, I need help from you who are getting loading crashes:
    Please try and disable (or simply remove) some components from the mod (Assets/Modules) and see if the mod loads and under which circumstances.
    Please leave Modular Loading set to 0, otherwise the findings are not relevant!
    (if you are somewhat experienced you could start by comparing the previous QC version 4.5 with the new one)

Thanks

12. avain

avain (key)

@all: thanks for the support guys, I'm reading/evaluating all comments and ideas even if I don't respond;)

13. The Almighty dF

The Almighty dF Pharaoh

Even with the modules folder empty, it crashes.

14. avain

avain (key)

Also, please confirm if you are NOT experiencing problems with loading the mod. I really need this info, guys, to check if there's something special on my side.

15. riddleofsteel

I haven't seen anything that severe myself, but I've not done many of the things being done when problems were found. I am about to fire it up and test. Question, will the Native American expansion for Varietas Delectat work with Quot Capita? Thanks.

16. avain

avain (key)

So at least you are not experiencing problems when starting QC?

The Native Expansion should work, please follow the same way as with other civ addons (check first post)

17. riddleofsteel

I get no startup issues at all. The mod and game load just fine.

I'll check the first post. Thanks!

EDIT: I am following the directions where it says to copy the civilizations FPK file from VD/Assets to Quot Capita/Assets. In my VD/Assets folder I don't have any FPK files for the civs in question, there are only three files there. One for VD, one for Cultural Citystyles, and one for CD (Cultural Diversity?). Any more input would be great, I've almost got it. Thanks!

18. avain

avain (key)

Oh, in that case it seems NikNaks did not pack the art into FPK, so the art must be there under Art/... or under Modules/Native America.

19. avain

avain (key)

@NBAfan&The Almighty dF:
    Thanks for the specs and info, the only thing that might be related is that you have XP and I use Vista...
    I'll try to figure out sg, but this is a tricky one

20. riddleofsteel

Hmm, unfortunately if I make a 'Civilizations' folder under Quot Capita/Assets/Modules and just put the Native American civs in there I get tons of xml errors, including for non Native civs like Dido and others. I might have to hold off on putting the native civs in there. Thanks.