Quot Capita

Here is a map I've been playing a lot of for Quot Capita.

There are three primary continents.

One is dominated by an inland sea and contains four classic empires; Greek, Rome, Carthage and Egype.

The other is Korea, China, The Mongals and Japan. The Koreans and Chinese start with plenty of room to expand to the north, but be careful or be consumed by the southern conquerers.

There is also a "New World" to be explored.

For fun, I've added Ragnar the Viking to a small northern island for trading/raiding. King fo the Barbarians.

You may enjoy the map.
I play on Noble/Epic. I've not been able to truly beat this scenario, I've gone at it a few ways. I think it's fairly well balanced.

thanks, i'll try this map. not sure where to put it, but i'll try

Just wanted to report that I am cruising to a space race victory in my very first gamnewith QC!
and I have to say WHAT A REALLY GREAT MOD!

just as you wrote in your introduction, the mod is simple to understand, fun and reliable..once i got past that "waiting for civs" bug (thanks to vincentz too:goodjob:) the game just ran fine...the late era is great with many wonderful units and techs..of course having rev and barbciv on I now play a world in which more than 30 civs take place..of course the game takes longerto get through the turns and I had to lower the graphics as much as possible, but that is certainly due to my not-so-good hardware..

just wanted to let you know you really made a greatwork!

just to small questions:

-what is mastery victory about? is just another name for score victory or else? I saw some scores accumulating as you grow in pop, mil, tech, cult rate or wonders but did notfind nothing more in the civpedia..

-i didnot see the movie for the space elevator once completed (i have movies on as option)

-there mustbe something wrong with russian jet fighter as they displayed as a red balloon..cannot be more precise on the model, if youhave the time justlook after that..

once again,
greatmod and manymany thanks for your efforts , avain!

Cheers
Nem

In the "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods" directory I have "Next War patch for QC5.7z" and I right click it, using 7zip, Extract Here.

Thanks for any help.

Wrong directory, thats your main BtS Mod folder. What u deleted was probably the official Next War mod :)
So instead go to the C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Quot Capita\Assets\Modules folder. There is the 2 folders u have to delete and there is where u copy/extract the files from the 7zip (and in here is the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml file which u have to replace)
Hope it works this time, and play a lot, this is a superb mod ;)

Good news Avain, I downloaded the patch and it works fine now.
@Dalsor you extracted it to the wrong place. It should be: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Quot Capita\Assets\Modules

If i'm already here, I try to help some, altough it starts with a question :)
Avain, do you plan to include the extra civs from VD in QC?

Because I just did some testing with my xp, your new patch and the civs from VD:
I added Hungary and Polynesia without any problems (it was only a few seconds after i found your instructions), but I'm not sure everyone will.
The positive side: replacing the xml file is not needed anymore (altough i have xp, so already replaced it with the one within the patch)
Negative: If someone follows your insturctions and replace the xml the mod will crash again in xp (the xml still uses both next war and next war advanced). This is easy to solve, but there are some more problems: I did not find the fpk file for Poland, Australia, or Native America where it should be (and i think Native America is more complicated than just a missing file), and i did not even try Cuba.

Anyway, my point is it has some difficulties this way, and on the other hand I think everyone would love to see the new civs included QC in the first place. So u might consider adding them in the next patch/version...

Btw, do u plan to add more civs to Varietas Delectat, and this way in Quot Capita too?
Because it would be really great to play this mod with other Civs and LHs included in other popular mods. There are so many awesome LHs recently :)

AbsintheRed, I agree about the Native American expansion being troublesome. I tried copying it in per the instructions and the game/mod ceased working. I'll wait for more info before I try again.

Avain, just wanted to give a thumbs up to your idea of incorporating some stuff from Thomas's War from a little while back. I've been playing around with that and there is indeed some pretty unique stuff in there. And don't get discouraged by all the bug reports -- more bug reports just means more people are playing the mod!

I just wanted to say I played my first game with this mod.
As Hirohito of Japan, I managed to build a nice little empire early on... but due to misfortune with a map script (not your fault, it was Perfect Earh 2) I had found myself entirely isolated.
Sadly, Imp and Exp are really, -really- bad isolation traits. If not the worst. (well, I guess cre is the worst)

Avain, just wanted to give a thumbs up to your idea of incorporating some stuff from Thomas's War from a little while back. I've been playing around with that and there is indeed some pretty unique stuff in there. And don't get discouraged by all the bug reports -- more bug reports just means more people are playing the mod!

Which is odd considering I get none of these bugs. I wonder what kind of bugs they are that some people get them while others run fine.

AbsintheRed, I agree about the Native American expansion being troublesome. I tried copying it in per the instructions and the game/mod ceased working. I'll wait for more info before I try again.

Alright, had an idea and continued testing.
Do not copy the problematic civs in the Quot Capita\Assets\Modules\Civilization folder, rather in the Qout Capita\Assets\Modules folder.
In the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml (this is in that directory too) there is the folders which should be loaded for the mod, so just add in here Poland, Australia or Cuba. This way u don't need the fpk files to be in the assets folder, they are loaded directly.
In the xml file all lines are similar (just copy paste a line and change the directory to the needed civ's directory), it should be something like that:
<Module>
<Directory>Poland</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>

This still don't work with Native America, I suppose the problems are with the deleting of the original NA civ, and replacing them with the new ones (not just adding some more civs like in the other case). I think for this to work many more files have to be modified in many other places.
And I'm not a modder so not even sure the files for these 3 civs are not used elsewhere.
So I just hope this don't has any side effect for the game in the long term...

@Absinthe and NBA, thanks a ton. I have it extracted in the correct location and so far the mod is running without error. :)

Perhaps the post with the patch and/or the primary download page could be updated with detailed instructions on how to apply the patch, or perhaps I missed those instructions if they were posted previously.

Regardless, thanks again for the help.

Wow, quite a few comments, I hope I won't forget to answer them all (please always feel free and do repeat a question if you feel it went unanswered!)

Patching instructions: you are correct, it was written in haste and could have been not obvious for everyone - so now I corrected the instructions, I hope it's clearer now, but please report if not

About new civs, easier install etc: please be just a little bit more patient, I will do a new version where I intend to have these as install options (I agree that now it's not the easiest to install, but I'm doing this alone and I can do only so much at a time) Also, Native America is a bit more trickier because it was not made in the same manner as the others (it was not made by me, but it's NikNaks excellent mod) The same is with bernie14's Cuba, but I intend to compile these into the install package of QC, too.

Also, thanks for the positive feedback, I'm really glad you are enjoying the mod, that's why I'm making it in the first place!

Error reports: I'm checking all your reports, and try my best to correct all of them!

Mastery Victory: you can imagine it as a combined victory type, all victory conditions are scored and more all around things are scored(as opposed to the simple scoring victory), so you are able e.g. to complete the space ship and get points, but it will not end the game with Space Victory.

About new civs, easier install etc: please be just a little bit more patient, I will do a new version where I intend to have these as install options (I agree that now it's not the easiest to install, but I'm doing this alone and I can do only so much at a time) Also, Native America is a bit more trickier because it was not made in the same manner as the others (it was not made by me, but it's NikNaks excellent mod) The same is with bernie14's Cuba, but I intend to compile these into the install package of QC, too.

Also, thanks for the positive feedback, I'm really glad you are enjoying the mod, that's why I'm making it in the first place!

Error reports: I'm checking all your reports, and try my best to correct all of them!

Of, course, totally understandable. Take your time, u did a lot work with this fantastic mod already. And great news that u r intend to create an easier install for the new civs :)

But till then i suggest to change your adding new civs instructions, it is really confusing this way...
If (based on that) someone replace the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml then the game will crash, at least in XP.
There are only fpk files for Hungary and Polynesia, so it is also incorrect in there this way.

I was only able to add Poland, Australia and Cuba in another way (as I wrote in my previous comment), and i still did not manage to add Native America.
That is way beyond my abilites, I will need you for that :)

Of, course, totally understandable. Take your time, u did a lot work with this fantastic mod already. And great news that u r intend to create an easier install for the new civs :)

But till then i suggest to change your adding new civs instructions, it is really confusing this way...
If (based on that) someone replace the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml then the game will crash, at least in XP.
There are only fpk files for Hungary and Polynesia, so it is also incorrect in there this way.

I was only able to add Poland, Australia and Cuba in another way (as I wrote in my previous comment), and i still did not manage to add Native America.
That is way beyond my abilites, I will need you for that :)

You are correct, it's an old MLF file, I removed it and changed the instructions.

Second: I noticed a bug that macemen are allowed with copper while swordsmen are only allowed with iron. I edited the unitinfo.xml file. But I wanted you to know that.

I just checked that in vanilla Swordsmen are allowed with iron only, and Maceman use either iron OR copper. And that's the way it is in QC.

Just checking, and I admit to not reading the whole thread...

Does QC add extra civs, and/or is it likely we'll see more civs?

I, for one, like having the CSA and Austrian Empire. Poland and others are always good, too.

I'm noticing a glitch. It looks like jungle keeps rehealing itself. I assign a worker to chop it, he's done, and the jungle is still there.
Also, sometimes I still get bonus food from hunting even when I haven't killed an animal.

I just checked that in vanilla Swordsmen are allowed with iron only, and Maceman use either iron OR copper. And that's the way it is in QC.

Really?

Well, I will just keep modifying the unitinfos.xml everytime new QC version come up :). No problem. I just think it is ridiculous to have Maceman with weaker material than its precedent *shrug*.

Good job doing your mod :D. It is starting ot be my second favo mod :D.

Just out of curiosity, what's your first fav? :)

Top Bottom