1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quot Capita

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by avain, Jan 29, 2008.

1. nodnarb

nodnarb Chieftain

I also use XP, and am still getting the crashes upon initialization. Hope this helps lol...

:goodjob:

2. os79

os79 Deity

First: What do 60 accuracy of ranged attack for horseman mean?

Second: I noticed a bug that macemen are allowed with copper while swordsmen are only allowed with iron. I edited the unitinfo.xml file. But I wanted you to know that.

3. HG_CassiusA

HG_CassiusA Hallowed are the Ori

I believe the cause of the crash is somewhere in the Next War module.

How I determined this:
    1) Disabling both Next War and Next War Extended allows mod to load without crashing (albeit with some XML errors associated with the disabled modules)
    2) Disabling only Next War Extended still allows a crash to occur during startup. Logically this means the problem is somewhere in Next War.

4. The Almighty dF

The Almighty dF Pharaoh

Seconding this. It loaded for me after removing both Next War and Next War Extended, after a bunch of xml errors.
    Also, Leaders of VD still doesn't load, but now I at least get the new leaders from Quot Capita.

5. avain

avain (key)

@os79: As QC is not using archery bombard, it means nothing. Thanks for the info on the swordsman, I'll check it out.

6. avain

avain (key)

@HG_CassiusA&The Almighty dF:
    Thanks, now we are getting somewhere! I'm going to compile a new merged Next War module and see if that helps you!

7. The Almighty dF

The Almighty dF Pharaoh

Wooh.

Also, since the Leaders of VD leaders weren't showing up in game, I checked out the Customer Leaderheads folder to find that it didn't have most of them. I tried copying them from Leaders of VD for the actual VD mod, but they only showed up in the leaders list, and even then they had no graphics or text, were unselectable, and weren't tied to any civ.

8. avain

avain (key)

The Leaders added to QC are WoC format, whilst the ones in the Leaders of VD are not, thus it's not as simple as copying them. Also, I did not include them all when I discovered that even these limited leaders are causing MAF problems...

9. The Almighty dF

The Almighty dF Pharaoh

Ahh.
    Glad to here it's intentional, though I do wish I could add a few back in.

In fact, looking over this mod, I can only think of two things that could actually improve it. More civs/leaders (though that can improve any mod), and religions. I'd suggest maybe bringing in JARM.

Aside from that, this is a really complete looking mod. On top of that, looks to be really balanced. My hat is off to you. I really like the idea of having more of a reason to get Calendar early on (normally I only get it early if I have the misfortune of starting near a jungle heavy area, and it's the only area I can expand into.)

10. avain

avain (key)

Thanks for the praise, but let us squash this bug first so you can play with it actually! ;)

11. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

I tried this and after the xml errors it starts up now. You did a very good job on this mod avain.:hatsoff::beer:

12. avain

avain (key)

Patch for Quot Capita v5.0

Please do the following:
    - delete the Next War and the Next War Extended modules in [Your BtS folder]/Mods/Quot Capita/Assets/Modules
    - extract the patch to this Modules folder, overwrite the MLF file when prompted (so you will now have a (new) Next War folder, and the MLF file will get overwritten)

Attached Files:

13. RPG

RPG King

I just downloaded the patch & followed your instructions...and it works! :D

The mod loaded up, & I just started a game to make sure everything was where it is supposed to be & it is.

Thank you!!

14. The Almighty dF

The Almighty dF Pharaoh

Patch worked, starts up perfectly, no XML errors.

15. os79

os79 Deity

Cool, thanks for the info.

Next question:
    I want to play LoR sometime in future so are your Next War and Next War Extended fully modular and compatible with LoR or are they only compatible with QC?

Btw, no crashes for me so far. I play standard terra map up to Renaissance using Snail speed from RoM. I quit because it was too clumsy so I'm going to try your longest available speed, Odyssey, I believe.

16. Joecoolyo

Joecoolyo 99% Lightspeed

Hmm... idk if this is a bug or not but I having problems with Odyssey Speed in the new version. I started a new game with the Odyssey speed, but either the years are going by too fast or the technology pacing is messed up. I played my game normally, and everyone on my continent (including me) is in the middle of the classical, yet its the year 1380. I haven't had this problem in the old version (I played a game normally on that speed before), this has only happened in the new version. I don't know what the problem could be :dunno:

17. avain

avain (key)

Glad to hear it worked!

@os79: give it a try and report back

@Joecoolyo: hmmm. I gave a try to Odyssey before I came to work today and autoplayed until 1920 and did not find anything strange, but then again it could be I missed something.

So you are saying you are still in Classical in 1380 AD?

18. Joecoolyo

Joecoolyo 99% Lightspeed

Yes, everyone on my continent is to, except for the Zulu, who just finished researching Feudalism. Oh, and its not 1380, its now 1402 (just checked right now, and yep, its 1402 AD).

When I downloaded it, it could have installed funny (it seems as if the years were moving at a faster speed then everyone was teching).

19. Dalsor

Dalsor Chieftain

Thanks for the mod. This is exactly what I've been looking for, however I have not yet been able to get it to work.

The game will CTD on loading engine when using the desktop shortcut for QC.

I've uninstalled BTS, re-installed, applied the 3.19 update, installed QC via to auto-installer(tested and got the CTD), extracted the patch in the "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods" directory, and still get the CTD.

I'm not prompted to overwrite anything when I install the patch. I'm I unpacking it in the correct directory?

In the "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods" directory I have "Next War patch for QC5.7z" and I right click it, using 7zip, Extract Here.

Thanks for any help.

20. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Hall of Fame Staff

the patch instructions are not great. i hope i install it correctly too