1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quot Capita

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by avain, Jan 29, 2008.

1. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

I have the same problem as The Almighty dF is having so I opened the mod's ini file and changed this: # ; Modular XML Loading
    ModularLoading = 0
    to this: # ; Modular XML Loading
    ModularLoading = 1

It now starts up, and even though I get two xml errors it seems to run right.

2. The Almighty dF

The Almighty dF Pharaoh

Tried this. It loads, two xml errors, but I get no extra leaders. I uninstalled, reinstalled and made sure Leaders of VD was selected, but still they don't show up.

3. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Hall of Fame Staff

probably a stupid question. I've stumbled upon this mod after playing several others for some time. QC looks interesting. However, after looking through much of the thread I can't seem to find anything related to preferred maps, map scripts, or scenarios for the mod. Granted there may not be any. Yet, before I dive into this, I wanted to check to see if there were any or get any suggestions on the best way to play QC.....much appreciated

also, will QC get it's on CF forum eventually

4. os79

os79 Deity

It says in Civipedia that the horseman can do ranged attack (60 accuracy). How does that happen? Also, I noticed that horseman doesn't have archer bombardment button. My question: does its archer bombardment function STILL work if I use attack support?

Please be CLEAR here: I want NO! archer bombardment button BUT its function ONLY that works with attack support. If you successfully did that with the horseman, please tell me HOW you do that for archers too, please? :please:

5. Pablod

Pablod Warlord

you have any earth map
    or scenario for 1960 and beyond

6. Darkhon

Darkhon Chieftain

Here is a map I've been playing a lot of for Quot Capita.

There are three primary continents.

One is dominated by an inland sea and contains four classic empires; Greek, Rome, Carthage and Egype.

The other is Korea, China, The Mongals and Japan. The Koreans and Chinese start with plenty of room to expand to the north, but be careful or be consumed by the southern conquerers.

There is also a "New World" to be explored.

For fun, I've added Ragnar the Viking to a small northern island for trading/raiding. King fo the Barbarians.

You may enjoy the map.
    I play on Noble/Epic. I've not been able to truly beat this scenario, I've gone at it a few ways. I think it's fairly well balanced.

Attached Files:

7. The Almighty dF

The Almighty dF Pharaoh

Problem found.
    It looks like although leaders of VD were added, there was no XML data connecting them to their respective civs. So the leaders show up under the civilopedia Leaders section, but can't be selected for play and won't appear under the civilization pages.

I also notice that not all of the VD leaders are there.

8. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Warlord

I prefer smaller maps with QC, but of course it works well with any game type. Reasoning for smaller maps:

slower research so more time to use new units
    faster performance which offsets QC's slightly sluggish (compared to vanilla BTS) performance in the late game
    AI just seems more coordinated on smaller maps. I.e. more likely to attack you on multiple fronts including naval

if it's getting too easy because of the decreased landsize for the AI to work with, just increase the difficulty.

9. xchen08

xchen08 King

Avain, how did you change the Recycling Center to only removing half the unhealth from buildings? I did some rebalancing of health and I'd like to restore the recycling center's functions, but can't figure out where you changed it.

10. nodnarb

nodnarb Chieftain

So yeah, any thoughts avain? The History in the Making mod's creator reuploaded Carter's earth map so it would work with the mod. Can you do something like this with Quot Captita? Seriously, QC running on an Earth map with 28+ civs would be awesome. Does anyone else want something like this?

11. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Warlord

Would love to but it's just not gonna run on my laptop, even though I got it this year :(

12. nodnarb

nodnarb Chieftain

Can your laptop run an earth map with 12 or 18 civs? I'm sure Carter's map gives you the option of choosing lower numbers of opponents.

13. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel Office Linebacker

I'd like to try Carter's map also!

14. avain

avain (key)

Guys, I need further information about the XML error you are experiencing, since I'm unable to reproduce it - it works always for me.
    So I need the exact install options you selected/PC specs/OS/other relevant info, and I also need people who have no similar error so I can rule out the case that there is no error only at my side.

Also, I'm a bit sad about the low ratings that this mod received lately, both the download and the thread. I'd prefer to have error reports here and discussions about solutions than just the lousy - oh, it's broken, I'm rating it as low as it can get approach.

15. avain

avain (key)

Please also note that setting modular loading to 1 is NOT the solution, as it causes other problems with WoC (just as The Almighty dF noticed), so we need to find out the real cause of the problem.

16. avain

avain (key)

@xchen08: it is an SDK change, if you are familiar with the SDK, you can easily find it in the source (search for keywords (used in comments): avain, Recycling)

17. avain

avain (key)

Hi, it's not a stupid question, but I don't have recommended maps and scripts at this time - but I encourage you, the players to give recommendations, because you play a lot more than I with the mod! (I mostly mod still)

18. avain

avain (key)

I did not intend to use archer bombardment as it's not balanced even according to Dale. The things you might see come from RevDCM, but at the default archer bombardment should be off (and if you listen to me, should stay so)

19. xchen08

xchen08 King

Thanks. I have no SDK knowledge but am considering learning.

20. os79

os79 Deity

I understand your opinion.

Then what is horse archer's ranged attack with accuracy of 60 for??

Plus, I may have a bug for you,
    Swordsman requires iron...
    But its upgrade is Heavy Footsman that requires BOTH copper and iron.