Quot Capita

Is this mod still being worked on? I really like the new early age, but it seems like the "fun" factor tapors off in the mid game.

OK, one more question - I want to try tweaking some of the stone age items - up the stone spearman to a 3 from a 2, lower the cost of the Lascaux Cave Painting, and change when the Council of Elders becomes Obsolete. When I go into "UnitInfo" and "Building Info", these and other stone age items are nowhere to be found. Are they in some kind of alternate resource file? Yes, I'm going into the Quot Capita Mod File, not the main game.

Thanks to anyone who knows. :)

Is this mod still being worked on? I really like the new early age, but it seems like the "fun" factor tapors off in the mid game.

I'm sure avain will be back again as soon as he has more time
And yeah, the stone age is pretty cool, but with revolutions and everything else added in QC the mid and late game is at least as much fun

I'm sure avain will be back again as soon as he has more time
And yeah, the stone age is pretty cool, but with revolutions and everything else added in QC the mid and late game is at least as much fun

Not that i am trying to take people away from this thread, but my mod in my signature PreH, has Stone Age way more varied techs, plus VD's ethnic units included.:mischief:

Don't give up faith, he still visits the forums nevertheless ;)
He will be back again (and hopefully modding again) when he has more time

So when I downloaded this mod and tried to play it the text box at the top (where it says things that occur like great people being born, wonders, etc.) is constantly spammed with messages from the game saying that it couldn't write several different .ini files, does anybody know whats wrong or how to fix it?

So when I downloaded this mod and tried to play it the text box at the top (where it says things that occur like great people being born, wonders, etc.) is constantly spammed with messages from the game saying that it couldn't write several different .ini files, does anybody know whats wrong or how to fix it?

You're running BTS, right? And you have the latest patch, correct?

If both of these are true, then try re-installing.

I have the same problem with it writing ini. files and something about autologin failing. I am playing as an administrator, so I don' know why the errors are still occuring.

This mod is way too prone to Crashing. Seriously; I absolutely cannot finish any games I start; sooner or later they all crash, and at the exact same point, too. Please, somebody, fix it.

This mod is way too prone to Crashing. Seriously; I absolutely cannot finish any games I start; sooner or later they all crash, and at the exact same point, too. Please, somebody, fix it.

Short Response:

It's not the mod per se, so I can guarantee you no-one is going to "fix it".

It's not the Mod, and the only person who can "fix it" is you. :p

Long and I must say not terribly friendly response in the spoiler: (as it gets frustrating when YEARS after the fact people won't use the Search function, even within the thread they're posting in)

Spoiler :

:wallbash:

Everyone who plays with any mod that adds any significant amount of additional art gets them. Even mods like QC and Legends of Revolution which have had a TON of optimization done on them by several of the community's best modders involving countless hours of cleaning up bad textures and lowering poly counts will always suffer from CTDs of increasing frequency.

Why?

MAF - Memory Allocation Failure. Basically at it's beating heart Civ 4's engine is so bad at handling the memory required for graphics that even the most beastly machine will suffer from MAFs running these types of Mods. Now these issues were partly mitigated by the BtS expansion pack... back when Warlords and Vanilla were around, the problem was even worse. :(

Unfortunately when you add a metric crapload of customised unit art, customised building art, customised terrain art, customised Leaderheads and animations (to the tune of several hundred Megs worth) then on top of spaghetti ("all covered in cheese") you add in your normal graphics settings (anti-aliasing, higher screen res, high detail default textures and terrain features etc) the mitigation work thrown into BtS to reduce MAFs is more than eliminated by the extra workload your poor video card is trying to cope with that the mod is throwing at it.

Even if you have a decent rig and even if you have updated drivers (Which the majority of people who have issues don't, believe it or not), chances are you'll still have problems. Assuming it's someone else's problem and asking for someone to "fix it" will a) get you nowhere, b) make you seem like an ungrateful ass, which I'm sure you're not. ;)

But you should realise that instead of just throwing up a "ZOMG, modz is teh b0rken, fix it nao!" post and, I dunno;

a) had a bit of faith in the community that worked so hard to bring us mods like this and thus extend the shelf-life of the game far beyond Firaxis' willingness to do so (noting with some irony they were the ones we all paid money to)

b) In acknowledging point 'a' realised there may be a wider issue at play that you should research before assuming that your problems were someone else's to fix

c) In acknowledging points 'a' and 'b' used the search function on this thread, or for that matter on MANY of the threads in this part of CFC, you'd have found something to do with frequent CTDs because the game (and it's mods) have suffered from them from day one.

d) realised due to all of the above that your playing of Civ4 mods like this come down to a choice only you can make - play normal BtS without mods or with mods that have a level of art that your machine can handle (Yes, it is your responsibility to playtest and find what works and what doesn't for yourself) or play BtS with graphics heavy mods and put up with the MAF CTDs like the rest of us.

Well sorry, but there are a few problems with this response:

1) Fall From Heaven is also a very graphics-heavy mod, and it does not crash like this. It has crashed to desktop before, but it can be reloaded and played past that point, always. This mod, when it crashes to the desktop, will always crash to the desktop in the exact same place after being reloaded.

2) It's the same with the core Varietas Delectat--I have not known it to crash irreparably the way QC does.

3) Okay; maybe it is just my machine. But that doesn't mean you can't still help. You could, for example, post the specs of PCs that the mod works on, like those of its creators, and then I could compare them to my own. You vent at people for complaining that the mod is broken when it isn't your fault, but you could probably stop a lot of it if you just posted some recommended PC specs at the beginning.

1) Fall From Heaven is also a very graphics-heavy mod, and it does not crash like this. It has crashed to desktop before, but it can be reloaded and played past that point, always. This mod, when it crashes to the desktop, will always crash to the desktop in the exact same place after being reloaded.

If it keeps crashing in the exact same location (i.e. same turn), it usually is a problem of the mod, not a MAF.

2) It's the same with the core Varietas Delectat--I have not known it to crash irreparably the way QC does.

3) Okay; maybe it is just my machine. But that doesn't mean you can't still help. You could, for example, post the specs of PCs that the mod works on, like those of its creators, and then I could compare them to my own. You vent at people for complaining that the mod is broken when it isn't your fault, but you could probably stop a lot of it if you just posted some recommended PC specs at the beginning.

1) Look I'd still argue that as content-rich as FFH is, QC is just as likely if not more so to MAF because it's merging a ton of different modcomps and is probably quite different in it's mechanics to FFH, tho that's speculation coz I'm not a modder... but regardless, my point still stands... did you use Search? I'm guessing not. There are a lot of pages in this thread, with lots of requests for help just like yours, save games with stops at certain points posted for investigation, with Avain coming up with a resolution most of the time. I guess my overrarching point was it was that you didn't seem to use that Facility before sounding off, something you should always do.

2) Actually I'm afraid you're not quite correct there. VD and QC are NOT the same. Saying they are is like saying a P51D Mustang Fighter and a Centurion Main Battle Tank are the same because they share the same powerplant. QC has a TON of stuff in it that VD doesn't have, all of which your rig has to handle and play with at any given time.

3) I'm more than happy to give you specs of my machine... I can't possibly give you the specs for Avain's... even if he were around, I don't know him that well... And modders aren't in the habit of stipulating minimum requirements for mods... that kinda QA would take almost as long as it would take to make the mod ;)

HP 8150W Laptop
Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit
T770 CPU (Dual Core 2.4 Ghz)
4 Gb RAM
nVidia Quadro FX 1600M

I MAF like a mad bastard with QC, CivFusion and LoR... not so much with FFH, CCV or RoM :)

Yes, indeed we can still help. Not saying we can't or shouldn't... what I said was that you needed to be a bit more active in that equation than simply asking for a fix... :)

If you use the Search function you'll see that, as I hinted, it's still up to you - in this case to post a Savegame so that someone with the necessary knowledge can maybe look at it and see if they can isolate the event which is causing your crash.

mamba certainly has a point that a consistent crash at the same stage of the game generally means you've found a bug (although I've racked up hundreds of hours with the current version and I haven't hit the same kinds of issues so I don't think that really unlocks the "ZOMG teh mod is Borked!!" Achievement just yet)...

Maybe it is an issue with your computer? Maybe it isn't? How can anyone know in any case; if there is a bug, how can that bug be found, let alone fixed, if you don't post a savegame or give the playing community (as the moddev is gone) something to work with?? It's circular mate, goes back to using Search ;)

Look, I'm sorry for being harsh with my last post, but throw us a bone here :p

Thought I had it figured out but just tried to purge non-state religion and there's no purge button. Game was complete new install (Civ 4, patch;BTS,3.19 patch;QC 8.1)

Inquisitions Enabled; Theocracy Civics; Revolution index at 1383; State Religion is Present in target city. What's the problem???????????????

Please help

Here's how to fix it. I had the same problem, and some digging revealed the following.

The problem is something to do with Civ4MissionInfos.xml (the one in under "Quot Capita\Assets\XML\Units\" in your mods directory, of course.) I don't know exactly why, but for some reason the game stops processing this file before the end. Either it's too long, or there's something set somewhere else limiting the number of missions allowed, or there's an issue with one of the entries in it.

In any case, I fixed the problem by editing that file and moving up the MISSION_INQUISITION section to just above the first added-in sentry action. ie, search for MISSION_INQUISITION, then cut the block containing it -- everything from the <MissionInfo> tag preceding it to the </MissionInfo> tag after it, including those tags. Paste it just above the line
<!-- Sentry Actions -->
Then save the file, restart Quot Capita, and it should work fine.

The (minimal) negative of this is that it seems you lose the added-in "Move to and sentry" action. Not a big loss IMO. That suggests to me that there's some limit to the number of missions the game will process, either in some other file someplace or hardcoded.

---

PS -- the way I found this was by exposing CvUnit.processInquisition() to Python and finding it worked fine, showing the problem was purely with the button itself. Then I tried enumerating the missions via "for x in range(gc.getNumMissionInfos()): print (x, gc.getMissionInfo(x).getType())". In my case those missions ended at #55 or so, MISSION_MOVE_TO_SENTRY, while the Civ4MissionInfos XML had several more entries in it, including the inquisition one...

Top Bottom