1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Random Rants 0x52: [Obligatory rant about title]

Discussion in 'Serial Thread Archives' started by aimeeandbeatles, Nov 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

I find the Swanson's low sodium to be pretty good. "low sodium" is of course relative, since the regular should be marked "salt fluid," but I find the flavor to be good without being extremely salted.

2. Synsensa

Synsensa - Retired Moderator

I'm allowed limited salt. No spices or herbs. For a limited time, another four to eight days. After that, bland solids (so I guess still no spices or herbs, although I'm not sure how closely I'll stick to that). The issue I ran into is that the broth recipes I looked at were all high in sodium, even if just using MSG instead of bouillon or salt. An acceptable amount when you're having soup, but with just broth intake it got too much too quickly.

You're right that just chicken broth is, well, chicken and water. I just find chicken-water to be a little stomach-turning. I tried to be creative with noodles and onions. Noodles were a mistake it sounds like. So I'm trying Tim's approach now.

3. yung.carl.jung

yung.carl.jung Hey Bird! I'm Morose & Lugubrious

It's really a question of availability. In Korea I used to buy god damned lobster stock every day of the week in order to spice up my instant noodles. It was like 2 bucks a pack, the lobster that is. Barely had anything in it besides lobster, water and time.

I go absolutely nuts for a good cabbage soup. So far my favorite is this recipe:

Last night I had some pieces of deep fried corn-fed chicken on marshmallow-squishy supermarket brioche along with pickles and spicy mayo. It was so delicious it made me shout like a mad cowboy at 1:30 AM.

4. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles If specified, this will replace the title that dis

Thread?

5. yung.carl.jung

yung.carl.jung Hey Bird! I'm Morose & Lugubrious

Ah, been there. Last year I had nothing but broth and tea for an entire week. Honestly, the easiest broth would be to just throw some carrots, onions and celery into water and add a little salt when finishing. Nice and sweet and done with less than 5 minutes of work.

There are also amazing soups that can be done without any spices, herbs etc. Like a consommee. But that takes way too much work for most of us. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consommé

Synsensa likes this.
  6. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

So, Takhisis needs to make the next thread.

7. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

The thief. Technically, posts 989 and 990 should be mod combined.

8. Takhisis

Takhisis spells laser with an s

Thread.

9. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

You're right, but Takhisis still got #1001, so it's his anyway. :)

Moderator Action: Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.