Random Rants 61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rant: The Great and Terrible Takisisu-kun saw his name next to the 1000th post of this thread, which means that there will be six more weeks of silly numbers.

Impudent, watermelon-like gai-jin! It is Takisisu-sama to you!

My apologies, Takisisu-san-chan-sama-sensei.

When I was pealing sweet potatoes for lunch on Christmas I cut out a chunk of one fingernail.

Today my sister slammed her door on that same finger, and the one next to it.

They feel fine now, but hurt an awful lot earlier.

--

I was not a fan of the sermon at my family's church today.

The pastor was out and filling in for him was my dad's old Sunday school teacher (who happens to look and sound almost exactly like Herman Cain).

The theology seemed weak on several points, the scattered bible verses he used did not seem especially relevant, and the anecdotes seemed both unlikely and oddly interpreted.

He mostly rambled on about how horrible political correctness is, and how we cannot let PC culture stop of from speaking openly about Jesus Christ or praying publicly in his name (including at government functions when being paid to offer a more generic prayer). He said we should never be afraid of being controversial or offending anyone who disagrees with us, since we are the only ones with the Truth. He spoke about how we should not accept all the other religions preaching their messages while ours is hushed. He said that we have a duty to suppress all voices that dare deny that Jesus is the only Savior, Lord, and God.

Obviously he does not think highly of the first amendment.

He may have briefly hinted at not caring for the second amendment either. He did say that we should trust God for our defense rather than trusting firearms, but then ironically noted that he was getting into a controversial area and wasn't going to risk offending anyone by continuing down that path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom