Random Rants LXXII - What is wrong with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lexicus will have better insight since he did it professionally, but IME the most common swimming injury with ankles was because you overextended during an underwater flip or while kicking off from the wall. You should be fine walking on it as long as the ankle is supported. If you don't swim regularly and don't want to deal with it happening again, you can do ankle stretches as part of your usual routine and that'll resolve future over-extension problems with swimming or running.

I was in a lake rather than a pool... so no wall to kick off from... I'll look into these ankle supports though, thanks.

Ha, not professionally, just competitively...it might be possible to injure an ankle just while kicking normally especially if it was weakened by past injury.

Yeah, probably. My ankles had been weakened from a lot of impact over the last few months, and I was kicking pretty hard at times.

Last edited:
Ha, not professionally, just competitively...it might be possible to injure an ankle just while kicking normally especially if it was weakened by past injury. Without more details I can't say anything else really.

I consider competitive to be professional. :dunno:

Really? I know you've posted about being slim and I thought slim fit was all the rage in Europe these days.

Or has your dreary little island already detached itself and floated to just off the coast of Florida?

Eh, finding clothes that fit me is hard. The combination of tall and skinny is, apparently, a tough one. I'm too tall for "medium"-sized shirts which make me look like I'm wearing a croptop, and I'm too thin for "large" with make me look like I'm drowning in a sack.

Pants are also tough; apparently having a waist size that's smaller than your leg length is uncommon in the US. Who'da thunk?

I'm in that boat too, Owen. I complicate matters by also being flat-footed and having very narrow feet.

I'm in that boat too, Owen. I complicate matters by also being flat-footed and having very narrow feet.

My arches collapsed a few years ago, making the middles of my feet even wider than they were before. My feet are kind of shaped like pentagons: narrow heel, wide middle, squared toes. Buying shoes is... trying.

The waist-smaller-than-leg-length is wild to me. Are you guys shaped like Gumby? I'm 42/30 right now, but even at my skinniest (165ish lbs) I was 38/30. I'm mostly torso though; XL shirts even when thin due to length and width. I don't bother with normal shirts anymore and instead get athletic wear with spandex in them.

I think I might be slightly wider at the waist now, but for long enough I had a 31" inside leg and only a 30" waist.

You think that's absurd? My pants are 29x32

From the sound of it though, Cardgame, you're not 5' 10". :)

If I didn't have a short torso, I'd probably be over 6 feet and look even more odd.

The measurement from your ankle to your scrotum, taken from inside your stance.

>boots computer in Windows
>installs game from CD
>runs game
>antivirus decides to ‘quarantine’ the game .exe because it is trying to access the Internet
>scans game CD and expansion CD, antivirus says it has no viruses
>ragequits and reboots to Linux

I'm a 30x32 pant. Usually if I'm lucky they'll have one pair in that size when I go pants shopping.

The measurement from your ankle to your scrotum, taken from inside your stance.
Having a waist almost as long as that sounds to me like a lot, but I might just be pretty bad at envisioning how long t5hose are compared to eachother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom