RBC16 - Sleeveless

I have no real idea of how fast the AI can build parts, but I would probably try to build something that can nab the Byzantine capitol. If I remember correctly, it is coastal, yes ?

In that case perhaps 10-15 marines could do the surgical procedure.

Aluminum would be nice to have, and possibly essential, if we want to launch.

Good going.
Grimjack

Byzantine has no alluminum, so it's no threat. We need to deal with Carthage which is also coastal.

Marine vs MI is not very nice. How many bombers we can have? Can we define "not excessive" as "do not redline units by bombarding"?

microbe said:
Can we define "not excessive" as "do not redline units by bombarding"?
That was the rule of thumb I was using. I would bombard until the defenders were yellow. While we took some loses, I felt it was in keeping with the spirit of the rule.

That's why being in a couple SGs at the same time is nice.

Nope. Been busy. I might get something in late tonight. If not, I'll play early tomorrow.

Well, yesterday was busy. :eek: Not much sleep for me the last few days, but today I am rested. I'll be able to play in about two hours, so no use passing at this point. Sorry for running over my time. It's really not good to do that. However, this is why I'm only doing one SG. Imagine if I had three or four all on hold or having to pass. :blush:

- Sirian

Inherited turn: changed a lot of build orders, chiefly to get commercial docks into play or to restructure what's going on in captured lands.

Early: Traded for Facism, then Amphibious. Bought some courthouses and temples, plus our last Stock Market.

Middle: Upgraded all kinds of military. Built Wall Street.

Late: Loaded for bear and took aim square at Carthage. Next player up will pull the trigger. Fire at will!

China has just gotten Ecology. I believe we should steal Miniturization, which we can trade for Fission. (We NEED to know where the uranium is! Theft doesn't count as trading). If it were me, I'd probably wait until I could make the attempt and not blow extra money losing interest.

WARNING: Byzantines are the tech leaders. As soon as India and others get to Rocketry, more aluminum may come into play. Byzantines may yet be the worst threat. Attacking China for their aluminum seems premature, but remains a possibility.

WARNING: Carthage has ICBMs. :nuke:

Carthage has not yet started the last two pieces of the ship. We -might- be able to afford to wait. It might even be wise. Their capital is STARVING. :eek: It has lost a pop point on each of the last four or five turns. Definitely want to wait for it to starve to 12 or lower, if possible.

Our airforce consists of one plane that just rolled off the line. We need more.

Was a quiet turn for me, but I hope that I have set up others to succeed.

Sleeveless - 1700AD

- Sirian

If Carthage has two pieces left, we may not have a lot of choice.

Grimjack is up. If we doesn't take it by 11AM Pacific time, I'll take it and play during lunch.

I thought I had posted a got it, but it must have been eaten up.

I will play tonight. Sorry about the delay folks.

Grimjack

RBC16-1700AD

Order of the day: Prevent any AI from launching their spaceships.

Gameplan: By the Seat of my pants. I have never been here in any civgame. Usually they are won by intimidation or diplomacy long before AI spaceships become an issue.

If I strike now, Carthage will get down to size 12 during the IBT. I want to strike fast, in case I need to settle with them for a quick foray to Byzantine lands.
I cannot sign up the other AIs, as I wouldn’t want to ruin our rep in case Carthage offer us peace.

The only continent with two Aluminium is the Indian continent. They are pretty backwards, but eventually we might want to relieve either them of Aluminium, or the Byzantines of a spaceship.

I demand Carthage to leave, and when that doesn’t work, I dastardly declare without reason on them.

I use our Anti-Air capabilities of the Destroyers to shoot down a menacing Jet Fighter outside Carthage harbour.

IBT: The Carthage counter is two Cruise-missiles that do a bit of damage, and one TOW that dies.
Seoul Worker->Worker, Cheju Market->Dock,

1705 Incredibly enough, Carthage has not starved this turn. War Happiness ?
Get leader Edward while trying to eradicate the devil riflemen defending Carthage.
Lose three tanks taking out Carthage. It had only one TOW. Lets hope the other cities have no more than that, as that one cost us two of the losses. The third lost flawlessly to a wounded rifleman. The quartermaster is questioned regarding the use of blanks as ammunition.

I raze the city. We have a settler of our own to use.
Found Dover, and workerrush a barracks. One of the captured workers is transformed into an airfield. Consider upgrading our ironclad to Destroyer, but decide to wait. I will let him go into harbour though.

IBT: Carthage lands five TOW’s on the old Korean continent. That will be a bother, as we do not have any artillery, nor any Tanks on that island.
Our first bomber comes of the line with two accompanying fighters. I will see if they can maje a difference. I am pondering why I cannot build Tanks in Dover.

1710 As I have the money, I make a careful steal from Carthage, and succeed. I steal Space Flight. I switch it to China for Ecology and 688 gold. Sell Ecology to India for 900 gold and some spare change in gpt.

I use the leader Edward to rush an airport, since I realize airports built by workers do not carry resources. I spend most of the money from the tech sale on rushing defenders.

IBT: Our ToW, Artillery ( Upgraded Treb) and Mechanized manage to withstand the five TOW assault without losses, and both units are now elite. To the south next to Saldea a six TOW landing is made. I will see if this holds as well as the last. We ought to have burned quite a lot of the Carthage available forces if that is the case.

1715 Distribute forces, and stick my nose out of the perimeter at Dover. Aiming to relieve cultural pressure.

IBT: Coal is expensive, so I do not renew. Hmm, that was quick, Carthage wants to talk to us after just three turns of warfare. He suggests straight peace, but I counter with the demand of 40 gold for a straight peace, and we are at peace.

1720 Prepare for an assault on India, in order to secure the coal and Aluminum our people demands.

IBT: Carthage and Byzantines make common cause against India, and I may be in a hurry before Byzantines capture it.

1725 More movement

IBT: Carthage and France sign peace

1730 I take the safe road, and sail our army towards Byzantines instead of India, hoping to buy us time with a precision strike against the Byzantine capitol. I will need a larger force this time though, as Byzans is likely to be better defended.

1735 Movement is almost complete, and I hope to have troops in position for next player. I realize the huge mistake I made in not renewing the coal deal, as I see rails start to appear in Byzantine.

1740 Good thing I checked trade every turn, as India now has an aluminium available for market. I give them Computers for Aluminum instead of paying 120+ gpt. With Computers I hope to make it more unlikely they will lose their aluminium to Carthage or Byzantines.

IBT: Price of Incense has gone up, but I pay the Chinese anyway.

1745 I start Apollo Program in London. Hmm, I was under the impression Byzans had completed eight parts, but that is wrong. They have completed no parts. China is the leader of the space race with five parts started, and I just signed a twenty turn deal with them. I also bought stuff from France, so I have no idea what we should do with our forces now.

IBT: Carthage and Byzantines ally against the Aztecs, and it may be we should help them, in order to secure access of the Aztec Aluminum/Gems. Chinese complete Docking Bay.

1750 I have left movement of our naval units for you to decide what to do with. I had focused completely on getting an army at Byzantines door, and then I discovered that we didn’t need to.
I have left you with a lot of money, and I suggest we use it to steal/buy Miniaturization so we can build the shield improvements for our fishing villages, and also get Modern Armor from the Chinese for it.

It might be we need to keep one fleet near Byzantines/Carthage if they start building more spaceship parts, and quickly raise another fleet we can use to curb Chinese exploration into near space.

Grimjack

Incredible Carthage was so poorly defended. Great job!

Byzantines have no aluminum, as I mentioned twice.

Seems a war against China is coming. Would it be wise to try to get MA first?

I use the leader Edward to rush an airport, since I realize airports built by workers do not carry resources.

What resources did we import from that city?

I think Grimjack was trying to import resources in order to build tanks there.

I have it. It sounds like we will have to go to war with China once the trade deals are up. I will monitor the situation and set up Microbe for an assault if necessary. This is game number three on the plate so I probably won't have it posted until tomorrow.

India has two aluminums. We have traded one of them. Do not let that trade lapse.
There is a real chance of Byzantium or Carthage will capture the one of them though, and then we may be in trouble.

China is furthest along on the build though, but they do not have all the techs.

The airport was the most expensive structure I could rush that still would be useable. I did not want to rush a TOW when I had 9 Mechanized. I did not realize the war would end quite so fast, but as they came with a decent peace deal and we had reached our objective, I followed the rules for the variant and signed peace.

Beware pf this when signing MAs. One of the variant rules force us to sign peace when the AI asks for it, so we may trash our rep by doing MAs.

Grimjack

Top Bottom